The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2008, 07:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to inhonurofswa
Default Purple Heart story

So my family was talking about if my grandparents were to die soon...they are both in their late 80s...and I mentioned how I really want my uncle's Purple Heart and his other war things that I have never seen because they are locked in a chest. My older sister is 20 years old and she said, "You can have them 'cause you're the only one who cares...like seriously." My heart fell to the floor, this beautiful man died for us and "no one cares" it hurts so much. I just had to tell you guys this cause writing in a place where I feel at home makes me feel much more comforted. And I feel as if I can rationalize things much better. But I also had 5 1/2 hours of volleyball practice today so who knows.

I want to personally thank all of you who served, my appreciation and love cannot be described in words, honestly, this is sincere and I can't even begin to explain my emotions. So I will just say thank you, God put you guys on this Earth for a reason, to protect those who are too afraid, who don't have a drive. A soldier is an extraordinary person. So thank you so much.

God Bless
Taylor
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links