The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2005, 07:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Fu- - ing Hurricanes! Opheilia

I love living on the coast but hurricane season is one of hope, one of fear, and one of disaster. Just ask the Gulf.

This friggin' Ophielia thing is going no where, is going north west, is going north east, is a threat, is not a threat, it will be in Beaufort on Tuesday at 0500, may not hit, will hit from Fla to NC. I'm tired of it. Our county went on like Death Con 3 this afternoon. NOAA says it will hit us about 0500 Tuesday morning. I was to play in the AMVETS tourney tomorrow morning at 0900 with the Command Master Chief....but both of us talked and cancelled out when NOAA said Beaufort is the target. Getting all my shit together and before hitting the rack decided to watch the Weather Channel at 10:50 to see what's up. They feel that nothings going to happen and it will probably go out in the Atlantic or hit somewhere between Fla and NC. Now I'm no idiot and believe in being prepared, but it's no wonder that people wait until the last minute before they upchuck their lives. My plan is to hit WALLY WORLD about 0500, get my plywood out, buy the usual, (Gimp...Deb wants Deviled Ham, sound familiar?), water, extra fuel, we already have reservations a few mile inland, and all the other stuff ya gotta do....then you check NOAA and they say...Beaufort. Weather Channel says....ahh...we thing it's not a threat. What the friggin' hell do you do???? Sure hate this time of year.

Gotta get some sleep.....just in case. And go spend a huge amount of bucks tomorrow, just in case, and listen to the experts, who don't have a clue. Life in the Lowcountry.

Frustrated Pack.

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2005, 07:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Tom...head to the "Mountain". Sure Sid or john would be glad to play host for a couple of days.

Be careful Brother!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Mah

Deah Suthern Brother J.E.B. Packo.

BEEN THERE...... DONE THAT!

Just saw the weather channel about 15 mimutes ago and now they're saying Charleston (which is onlyest about a racoons tail away frum y'all!) will more'n likely be the 'landfall' bullseye!

Tell your sweet thang Deb thet we'uns has got a-bout one-hunert and seventyseven cans of Deviled ham and near bout the same nunmba of 'potted meat' and spam left ova frum last years boondoggles (Charley, Frances, Jeanne and danged if'n I ain't dun fergited thet other storms name last year!)......So's anyways, if'n y'alls grocery stores runs out of these heanh 'staples' of fine Suthern Hurricaine 'Cusine', I kin FED-X you all a bunch of mine afore it gets to late!

Plus...................you'uns can always come on down heanh and 'vacation' with me and Jackie fer as long as you need to!

I gots-a an extree bedroom and a big ole 'cement pond' (heated with a fake waterfall!) just outside my back door fer y'all ta go swimmin in and I can jest a-bout hit the Gulf of Mexico with my best spincasting rod & reel frum my back patio! We'uns can catch us a great big ole mess uv redfish, snook and speckled trout and fire up the grill for sum good eating!

No shit brother................keep your head low and your ass dry and stay safe!...............I'm here if you need me!

Your'uns truly,

General Beauregard 'Stonewall' Gimpinski, 'Esquire'......
Suncoast Fishin Guide 'Emeritus' and Local Fish Monger Supreme!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Paco, watching the news tonite I saw that also! My wife has lived on the Georgia Coast all her life and says this Hurricane reminds her of Dora. We're hopeing it "Ophelia" heads north and goes past Cape Hatteras maybe be one of the few hurricanes to hit New Brunswick, Canada
Ya'all take care in SC and keep safe
Old 09-09-2005, 10:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tina Send a message via Yahoo to Tina
Distinctions
POM 

Tom i am right there with ya.. wish they would make up their minds on what is going to happen so i can my plans too.. I have 5 packages going overseas to our troops and was told not to send them if there was ANY chance of bad weather.. that they may get lost..well tomorrow they are going out don't give a shit.. they will get there..
love y a
tina

To the past: Thank you for all you did for our Country..

To the future: Thank you for all you will do for our Country

To those we have lost past prestent and future: R.I.P You might be gone.BUT you will NEVER be forgotten
Old 09-10-2005, 03:17 AM

pack hope it dose go away because we've got to be in Charieston on the 28th of this month our grandbaby has to go in the hospital down there can't wait to long, all I can tell you is keep your heads down our pray will be with you guy's stay safe.

razz
Old 09-10-2005, 04:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Packowski
Just grab a bottle of Polish vodka, a good women, and a hotel room and shack up for a few days........Good Luck My friend
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 09-10-2005, 08:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

11a.m update:

Back to hurricane strenth. We are under a hurricane watch. Looks like anywhere from here to Wilmington NC with a probable, unless the sucker moves again, of around Charleston to Myrtle Beach.

Blues...keep you eye out but right now kinda looks like a little bit North of Charleston, like Hugo. North is better then south in this case. Hope you litlle gradbaby is doin' ok.

Thanks to all for the well wishes. Bob....I'm in luck....got the good woman and just picked up 2 litres of Wybrovia, and a half gallon of Tanguray. Should get me through the next couple of days.

Looks like we may luck out.

Well, back to work!

Windy

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 09-10-2005, 09:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tina Send a message via Yahoo to Tina
Distinctions
POM 

Tom stay safe..Keeps us updated as longs as ya can\

you and deb are in my prayers
love ya
tina

To the past: Thank you for all you did for our Country..

To the future: Thank you for all you will do for our Country

To those we have lost past prestent and future: R.I.P You might be gone.BUT you will NEVER be forgotten
Old 09-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Psyco Mountain hotel

is open 24/7. Our house in Atlanta is your house.