The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2020, 03:01 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation On The Road Again......

11-19-2020

Like most of you who have been around the horn once or twice, I too, just can not seem to get the open road out of my system? It seems like just wheeling on down the highway has become an unshakeable obsession for us all, and no matter how tired we get, or how many times we have vowed to take a break, the lure of the open road, and the desire to keep those wheels turning, eventually takes over even our better sense – and so it is!

It seems to make absolutely no difference how many times we have been there before, or even how redundant the scenery has become, the lure of the open road, and the draw of the changing seasons, always seems to take control of our better sense – maybe it is only that little bit of gypsy that resides just below the surface of us all, or maybe it is just the bum in us, or possibly it is even that old wanderlust or that compelling need for a little “déjà vu” that has driven men on (and on) ever since we first discovered that there is far more to life than just picking-up the old lunch bucket every morning, and repeating the same old and boring routine every day, until that time finally arrives when “Old Mother Nature” finally dictates for us - that we will travel no more – “What Do You Think?”

Hardcore
Old 11-20-2020, 05:20 AM

Unhappy

HC - We can relate to that. We had big ideas of traveling and seeing the many things we wanted to see when we retired. But it wasn't in the cards - the wife came down with an incurable medical issue and since then she's been digressing more and more - so were grounded.

We used to travel and take trips across the USA but not anymore. And with the virus issue today we have to restrict travel or mingling with friends and family.

Yep we can relate to that. But as long as we have each other for as long as we can we live each day as it comes and pacing around the house seems to be the big part of our lives now.

Wife blames herself for the reason we can do things. It's not true I tell her - what if it was me - as I too have my own issues - but I seem to be able to handle them at this time. We used to travel all over the states but not anymore.

Living in Colorado was a dream come true our oldest daughter was born in Wheatridge, CO.

But she missed seeing her Mom and Dad so a couple years later we moved back to Chicago. I do miss the mountains though and the wide open skies.

Haven't seem much of our kids or grandkids since the virus hit but that's most likely going to change once its gone. Only my grand-daughter came down with the virus but now she's better but ground once again at home - and many of the part-time jobs the kids had - no longer exist.

We both have a doctors appointment this morning - so in about an hour we will take off to see them.

I checked with our Walgreens pharmacist yesterday when I picked up Kath's meds. I asked what he had heard about the new virus vaccine and when it may be available? He said he heard sometime in mid to late January or February from corporation. My wife already said she's not taking it - she's afraid it may impact her ongoing issues even more. But I will get it - like I have so many times in my life already. Have three full shot cards already filled from my service days and overseas travel. What's one more. But the VA has not said anything to us VETS yet - for some reason they've been awful quite?

But all and all - I do miss the idea of just traveling as well. But some folks who can travel - don't necessarily have the funds to do that - and that's sad. There's a lot to see in the US and so many of us have never really seen the inside's of America. Coast to coast or N to S or E to W - there's so much USA that many folks never get to see - and that's sad.

We have plenty of photo's - but its not like being there.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote