The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2002, 01:02 PM

Default Soviet Pilot

I read your entry thread - downed 52 planes? You've got to be considered an ACE. How many were American? How did you find our site? Are you finding the reading interesting?

What's on the Russia agenda lately? 1953 means you must be retired now? What are you doing to keep busy? Are you still in Russia - I can't tell if you are or if your stateside?

Do all Russian's consider the cold war to be over now? Or are there some old hold outs still waving the sickel around? What is the new Russia doing now to improve its employment problems?
I hear vodka and drugs is running rampid over there any truth to it? What are you doing for fun now adays in Russia?

You can see I have many questions - I'm sure others do as well. Come back to us and let us know what's goin on so we can exchange our views on events.

:cd:

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2002, 05:08 AM

52 planes is complex number, it includes downed by me, downed by my battlegroup and downed by SAMs of my battlegroup. It doesn't include all fighters destroyed under my command.

I don't know how many of them were piloted by Americans, because many countries use American planes. For example, in Gulf War there were many mixed attacks: Americans, French and British. Most fighters downed by SAMs were Israeli. Arabs are not as brave as they look. You probably never operated SAM, so I will explain. Imagine command vehicle of SAM site. Operator is Arab, commander is Russian. Operator looks at radar, and reports status. "Group target - two missiles, low height. Estimated time of impact - 40 seconds. 35. 30. 25. 20"... and here they run like hell out of command vehicle. I was forced to take place of operator. Missiles blasted SAM radar, but left command vehicle and missile launchers impact. I will explain: most important thing in SAM is radar. One radar controls from two to five missile launchers. So, Israelis attacked radars, leaving missile launchers intact. That's why we decided to equip our new S-300 class SAMs with additional radars in case of emergency.

Yes, I am retired now (I retired in 1988, when Soviet Empire was still in power), but I still can fly. I piloted MiG-29 in Yugoslavia. But, hell, Miloshevic's radar stations were destroyed by Tomahawks, so we didn't have any targets or tactics, we just flied around, seeking targets of opportunity.

Yes, I am still in Russia, in Stalingrad. Khrushev renamed it to Volgograd, but Russian patriots forced Putin to rename it back to Stalingrad - it is not done yet, but soon will be done.

As for Russians, absolute majority of them think that Cold War is over, and Russia lost it, so Russia is occupied country. And they seek to liberate Russia from Americans and Jews. That is not opinion of old people like me, it is opinion of all patriots. Communist ideals are more popular among Russian youth then they were during Soviet era.

As for vodka and drugs, you are right. Vodka consumption per capita increased in TWELVE TIMES. That is national catastrophe. AIDs is more distributed in Russia then in Africa. Approximately two millions of people die each year. By 2050, Russians will physically cease to exist.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote