The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2002, 09:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Who can answer the "Crusader" question

...As the big defense debate thickens...
...It seems that the progam for the "crusader" has been shot down, do we need it?
... I know it has ties for manufactoring in Ok, and around my area, and there is a lot of money at stake... now what is right for the troops, not the budget...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2002, 10:48 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Question

I have no suggestions but I am curious why the Army needs a super long range, super accurate field gun. From the pictorials, it appears to be comprised of a huge SP gun carrier and two gigantic accompanying vehicles that do the fire control and ammo supply. Big, big targets I?d say and would need a bunch of accompanying security to stay in the action. Given our current state of War, maybe the money could be better used for enhanced light infantry weaponry or something along those lines that is useful for counter terrorist warfare. But on the other hand, if we go after Saddam, that big gun could be very useful.
Fair seas, Bill
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote