The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 08:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

bOOger-

Donny had planned to go but his work place had to cut back everyone's hours and has been useing vacation hrs. to keep as much in the paychecks as possible. Presently unknown if he can get away. Not looking too good.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sid and John: I won't be making it out this year. One of my sisters had a heart attack a few weeks ago, so we have decided to go spend some time with her instead. She's doing quite well now, but had four stints put in. Now that we've moved about 1,000 miles away from her [S.F. Bay Area], we decided it's the thing to do. I know all of you guys understand. All of you will be missed, but will see you next year for sure.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default # f_k$% 10

I am sure we will all have at least one in your honor. I totally understand, but will not seem the same without you.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif
Old 03-27-2009, 10:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I'm driving myself to see my sister Crossvile,Tn this weekend by myself to see how I do. Trying to get ready for Georgia.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Doc Fred

Paul will be coming through Asheville from Morgantown, WV. If you can't drive, he may be able to meet you and Shirley somewhere in Asheville. Keep me posted. Your a little out of the way for me, well A LOT out of the way for me, but if necessary, Doc David and me can get you. Rather not....but not out of the relm of possibility. I still think Paul would be the best solution if you can't drive. Actually, you guys could meet in the Honeymoon Capital of the World, Wytheville. He's gotta come right through there.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif
Old 03-28-2009, 11:08 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default A good rate.

I just cancelled our reservation at the Best Western Motel in Elijay. I've stayed there a couple of times in the past. This year, when I mentioned the campout, they gave me a special rate of $60. It's a comfortable, clean, quiet, place that serves a Continental breakfast. It's down on the main highway not too far from Wal-Mart. It's up on a hill on the opposite side of the highway.

The other place that several of us have stayed at wouldn't dicker on price. I don't remember the name, but it's the one down by the highway junction near the Burger King.

So, if you're not going to sleep in your rig, tent, on the cabin floor or the shuffleboard table, or wherever you pass out by the fire pit, give the Best Western a call and mention that you're there for the reunion.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

LT and Bob,
I got the Ballantine Ale and a source of the original Taylor ham. The ham has to be made of gold at the price! What quantity of ham do you want LT?
Old 03-30-2009, 03:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Steve
John and I will be toasting the two people that helped bring us into this world so yall can enjoy our company 60 + years later. as far as the Taylor ham goes Price is no object, get the big one....... I really like spending other people's money.
Its also a tradition to stay at the flea bag hotel Pack mentioned. It's close, we all get to use the showers, you can rinse out the used condoms left on the floor, Great continential breakfast, we just cant figure out what continent it came from. Your job in the morning is to get a to-go bag for about 25 people. Don't let Pack in your room, he has a tendency to leave skid marks on your pillow before he takes his shower.

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif
Old 03-30-2009, 10:33 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I think I can make it. 16 os Red Bulls and don't pee until the last minute keeps a man alert!
Old 04-07-2009, 03:13 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default 15 and a wake-up

OK guys thing are getting short, This is much better than Christmas. Have a couple of new guys, that are going to show up old friends o'boy.

going to make a big shrimp jambulaya again this year, ordered the pig yesterday. going to cut logs for the firepit this week. Headed to alabama for cmp project in the morning.

Life Is Good.
Closed Thread

Tags
chickin fried, your azz