The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Enduring Freedom

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2006, 10:48 PM

Gimpy, Beau, Boats and All...THANKS for your Seasons Greetings and well wishes...mean a lot to me and folks over here!

And yeah Beau...gonna be wet for a bit...as in POURING DOWN RAIN right now outside...Cold outside...Windy outside...sure am glad I'm INSIDE. Then too, I think of all the folks out manning the lines and on patrol...BTDT so don't feel at all guilty by being in here, but still think about them and hope they're ok.

Gonna post a Merry CHRISTmas blurb on the General Site (IF the net stays up) but just wanted to let everyone following this thread know that I'm thinking of you, as well, at this Joyous time of year.

Semper Fi from the Cold & MUDDDDY Sands of Kandahar,
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2007, 08:53 AM

COL

I hear a change of command is about to take place how will this affect your operations?

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:06 AM

Boats:

IF you're talking about Gen Dan McNeil USA taking over up in Kabul...???...really looking forward to this event! I remember Dan McNeil when he commanded the 82nd AIRBORNE and then as CG 18th ABN Corps...did a FINE JOB with both assignments. Just hope he can do something to turn around the BS around here! The current senior leadership "up there" is the absolute worst I've ever seen...just friggin' UNSAT!

Semper Fi from the Cooooooold Sands of Kandahar,

Lobo
Old 01-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

MV
When I was with the Marines around LZ baldy west of Da Nang the thing I could always count on was that the Marines wouldn't complain. Army guys would complain if the food was to hot. but the Marines would never say a word about anything. I always admired that. and I don't admire much.
Hears to ya!
Ron
Old 01-06-2007, 07:24 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Thinkin' of you and yours Marine, hope you and those waiting at home for you are safe and sound this night.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 01-08-2007, 05:56 AM

Well Ron, Marines bitch about "stuff" too, but in the longer run, it only makes ya feel good for awhile...don't mean nuthin...overall...!

I mention the Cold/Hot/Dust/Sand/Mud/Frozen Mud merely to let folks know what it's like over here. From 130+ in the shade in the summer to down into the 20s in winter...dust/sand is everywhere except when it rains...then...a quagmire but NO dust...everything is a tradoff!

As I've said numerous times before, this is THE BEST LIVING I've ever experienced in a combat zone and especially at an operational combat base that is NO REAR AREA such as we knew in Vietnam...Kandahar Airfield Combat Base is "forward deployed" and in amongst one of the hottest combat environments in The 'Stan...but again...ain't no complaints from this ol' Jarhead...!

Arrow:

THanks for your kind comments and continuing support of our Troops.

Semper Fi from the Cooooooold & Windy (and now kinda dusty again) Sands of Kandahar,

Lobo
Old 01-08-2007, 06:23 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

MV
I didn't mean you were complaining. When people talk about stuff hear it's just saying stuff, Not complaining. I guess if a reporter would say the same stuff, that would be complaining, ya kinda have to earn the right to say stuff first. And you have earned the right.
What I was trying to say, (and didn't, I guess) is that the area around Baldy was a crap hole and most of the people there were Marines, I never hear any of them complain about the conditions or anything else for that matter, and , again, I admired that.
Ron
Old 01-09-2007, 07:50 AM

Ron:

Solid copy...and...I took it the way you meant it. Was just making sure folks knew I wasn't complaining about living conditions over here. It's certainly nothing I'm gonna do again anytime soon, that's for sure, but...!

Heck...about 20 min after posting my comment, we took some more incoming (some 122mm rockets)...weren't close...maybe 200-300m away but always get your attention. Good news is they didn't hit anything and since they "came in early" and we didn't get anymore...got a full nite's sleep...wellllll...around waking up as I now do a few times during the nite...as I grow older...but...go right back to sleep...which...I'm gonna be doing in about one hour!

Semper Fi from the Cold & Windy Sands of Kandahar,

Lobo
Old 01-09-2007, 08:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Quote:
Originally posted by MARINEVET It's certainly nothing I'm gonna do again anytime soon, that's for sure, but...!
Col ... that is clearly an open ended phrase ... can I go, if next time you go, but next time it's to de Islands ... fight the Muslims there ? You can advise and I can photo/doodle ... and I can name that campaign ... call it "Operation Puck dem Up", or something or other thang ... heck, I know an ageing crew of PWTs we could enlist ... that thang would be over in no time.

And since all Pinoy's like blonde women ... we could hire a bunch of blondies to act as ambush bait ... Filipinos of the Illocono dialect loved blondies ...

And just give me a portable PA system and I could talk the Muslim "Insurgents" (thats a refrain of a word) to drop there weapons ... "Pilipinos ... you don hap to pight your brudderrrs ... we got pood and medicine ... put down your gowd domn pucking weapowns ... we et togeder ... we celebrate wit blondies ... Put down your puckin weapons ... you all de same Mejicanos ... dogs ... put dee weapons down or dee Americanos will cut you ... gib it up you sonofa Bit ... godamn Korea, I mean to say, Bitnam all ober again ... stop de pight, you sonofa bit!, " I tell you, when it comes to this kind a stuff ... I put Special Forces political / commo folks to shame ...
Old 01-09-2007, 01:13 PM

COL - don't forget to update your resume before your next assignment. Hell I bet you could get up-wards of 500 volunteers all 50 and over - now how would you like that command?

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"