The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2003, 09:46 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Wellll I will defer to

Bluehawk on this one, Bluehawk do you care to answer DMZ-LT.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2003, 10:20 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Bluehawk

Please refer to my PM to you and research DMZ-LTs question in detail, History, Use in WW1, WW2 and VN, See What I mean?

To the rest: Remember that there are hunters and gatherers. Bluehawk is the reason we are here and we are warriors.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:28 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post The Greatest Threat to:

The great threat to freedom of the press is Political Correctness and all the garbage that goes along with it.

I guess what amazes me is that anything religious is attacked in the press but anything that is considered PC is okay. People can say nasty hateful things about people of faith but if you say something negative about their believe system all hell breaks loose and your are some kind of bigot.

Cal Thomas in his book "Book Burning" discusses these issues very well. The greatest danger to freedom of the Press is our courts and Political Correctness going amuck.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 10:48 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default FOX news--Fair & balanced???

Don't THINK so!

Steve's Bogus Lawsuit News of the Day
*An extreme far-centrist foundation!
Those Darn Frivolous Lawsuits!
"Fair and Balanced" Litigation Abounds With Frivolity
by Steve Young

August 15, 2003 -- LOS ANGELES (apj.us) -- Lawyers!

Damn 'em. Damn 'em all.

Thankfully we have cable news and talk radio to expose these sons of witches and their dastardly deeds.

In fact, I may not have this exactly right but I think I remember FOX News Channel's Bill O'Reilly saying that lawyers representing frivolous lawsuits are costing the courts and US, time and money. And when I heard that I said, "Thank G-d for Bill! You tell 'em! You da man!" Okay?

So imagine my chagrin when I was served papers from Bill O'Reilly and FOX Television for, let me write it directly from the lawsuit:

"...for Mr. Young's repetitious use of the word okay and using said okay with devious intent.

"That Fox News believes Mr. O'Reilly not only owns the rights to the word okay, okay, but that he also owns the manner in which he says it, so that Mr. Young's repetitiveness of writing the word okay and the repulsive nature he adopts to write it, are libelous and hinder Mr. O'Reilly's ability to cash in on his legally binding obnoxious nature."

Here's the part I don't understand: they added that I always seemed to be "inebriated" and "deranged" when I said it. Okay, I mean alright, that I can buy, but they also went on to say that I was... let me read directly from the lawsuit... that I was also, "unattractive," "cheap" and "could stand to lose a few pounds."

Granted, I've got my problems, but must they be so legally... cranky?

I was totally caught off guard by this legal onslaught to my verbiage and poundage because I have never known Bill to be purposely malicious or attempt to hoist his opinion on others, or be the kind of guy who would never call for boycotts against those who would disagree with him.

And now for him to say that he legally owns the word "okay" would be like FOX News saying that they own the words "Fair and Balanced". I'm sure even they understand that if they did have some hold on the phrase, they'd actually have to be fair and balanced, and they've already been on record basically saying they're not.

What I mean is, the FOX News Channel, admittedly, was created to offset the liberal bias of the main stream media. That in itself would mean that they would have to create a... minor stream media with a conservative bias. As much as I appreciate bringing in a conservative voice to compensate for the radical anti-American views of the likes of Katie Couric and the anorexic Al Roker, once you even the playing field, you are no longer being balanced but rather a counterbalance. I'm sure you'd agree that with a conservative tilt you certainly could not be considered objective or fair. It would be like saying Alan Colmes is a balanced and fair match for Sean Hannity.

(Hold on a second. I have to stop laughing.)

So FOX legally laying claim to fair and balanced would be like chocolate calling itself vanilla and trying to claim vanilla as chocolate's property. As convoluted as that is it would be just as convoluted for would be for FOX News to claim "Fair and Balanced" as their property.

Now, I'd have no problem if they wanted to call themselves say, Dogmatic and Asymmetric. Rolls of the tongue, don't it?

Nevertheless, Bill, I beg of you. Let me write okay, okay? Let's keep those liberal ACLU parasites where they belong, feeding at the bottom of some slimey water-filled location or squashed on the road with no skid marks in front of them. Let's not push them in the court taking up time and space on some frivolous lawsuit.

Okay?

Now "what say you?" That's a whole different story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve Young is an award-winning television writer, director/writer of "My Dinner With Ovitz"", and author of "Great Failures of the Extremely Successful" (Tallfellow Press -- check out the web site at http://www.greatfailure.com). He writes a regular column for Jewish World Review".

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:52 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

The statement was that every single word we hear and image wesee is controlled.Did I tell you guysI'mpicking up radio signals on myback molar. Not a bad tune either.

"We got too many gangsters doing dirty deeds. We?ve got too much corruption, too much crime in the streets. It?s time the long arm of the law put a few more in the ground. Send ?em all to their maker and he?ll settle ?em down"

A library card is free Mike.I have spent hours in Barnes and Noble reading and taking notes because I couldn't afford to buy a book. Where there is a will there is a way.

I don't need a lesson in economics. Trust me.

Steve when the Patriot Act was being voted on I was the first to say "go slow" once laws are enacted it is very hard to back the truck up. Griz came down on me like white on rice and I basically told him to go to hell and we had a wonderful fight over the whole thing right on the forum andthe rest is history. Life is good.

However my question to all you cowboys out there is just how are wesuppose to control all these assholes we have running around this country that are out to do us in?Griz was right when he said if you are not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about."Mama's come around to papa's way of thinkin". I love my privacy but not at the expense of seeing thousands of people blown to hell. This war is not over.

Sid

There have been long stretches of time where I refuse to watch broadcast news for the very reason you have stated. I have seen the FBI reports and Iam sure there are pockets of this country that are running higher crime rates than the national average.

The premise of my post is that we as a people have more freedom to access information than any other country on earth.Not one of you have convinced me that I'm wrong.

Quote:
"Complacency and misplaced trust are the true enemies of freedom."

Truer words were never spoken...

"Justice is the one thing you should always find
You got to saddle up your boys
You got to draw a hard line
When the gun smoke settles we?ll sing a victory tune We?ll all meet back at the local saloon
We?ll raise up our glasses against evil forces
Singing whiskey for my men, beer for my horses"

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 08-28-2003, 11:36 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

DMZ LT -
Captain Pho has requested me to reply on your query concerning what is "ga.". GA. stands for guage, which is a measurement used in gunnery. There is also "calibre" and "mm", the three being used in various places and ways among those conversant with weaponry hand-carried and otherwise.

In the WEAPONS forum you will notice three threads entitled, "What is Calibre?", "Muzzle Velocity" and "Lock 'n Load"... in those and probably others, with patient reading amongst the experts, will you find many answers to the meaning of "ga." There is not a simple answer.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:51 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Little Sparrow -
Respectfully submitted:

> If it were true that "when one is doing nothing wrong then one has nothing to worry about", then there never would have been a Krystal Nacht, nor Aushwitz, Sobibor, Treblinka... nor a Trail of Tears, Wounded Knee and Sand Creek. So long as a single American is on death row or imprisoned who is innocent, then there most definitely IS very good reason to worry.

> Yes, a library card is free, if you can read, if you have an address and a way to get to the library when is one close enough to your home in this vast America. I was born, fifth generation, in Joplin. I, and most of my kin, lived in a radius of four miles outside city limits. The Joplin Public Library, because of how it is funded, would NOT give any of us a free library card. They charge $30, annually.

> I did not intend to supply you with an economics lesson, and am sorry it came out that way.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:58 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

DMZ LT -
Further, Captain Pho has asked me to specify from the histories of WW I, WW II, Vietnam etc. in response to the matter of what is "ga."

I am unsure just how much information your inquiry demands, and I myself am not as eloquent in that full knowledge as he is, but I believe that the information, or much of it, is to be found in the above three threads, and that you, as do I, will find many here willing to reply should your investigations require far greater detail. I'm still learning, fortunately not under the stress of battle conditions.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:00 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Bluehawk

You don't get it do you
Old 08-28-2003, 12:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Mike
Reporters like anyone else who makes a statement that was totally wrong will follow that statement up with "Thats not what I said" or "Thats not what I meant" I have personally been a victim
of the local news. The reporter who tells the biggest BS story without getting caught gets the promotion and believe me its a JOKE!!!
As far as as all these talk show hosts O'Reilly, Hannity & Colmes
Rush Linbaugh etc etc in my book, they're for entertainment purposes only and yes I do listen to them.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU