The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2004, 12:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Nobody knows, everyone has their hopes, nature will take her course, and anything can (and usually does) happen.

The Prez has nothing personally to be ashamed of, and I am mighty glad it was he who was where he was when we needed him.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2004, 02:09 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Hardcore

I didn't say anything about a candidate giving straight answers. I didn't like Truman but he was probably the last guy who rented the white house who really told it the way it was. Don't expect to see anyone with "ruff edges" in the white house any time soon.

Was just stating my (probably wrong) opinion on how the elections would break. I bet on the Colts to beat New England in the AFC championship, what the hell do I know?

I don't want you to think I'm a gambling nut or have a problem, I don't. Never buy scratch tickets or Mega-bucks (or whatever they call it in your town). But every year I do make a wager on baseball and football championships. Every two years I usually get a few people to bet on elections. Been doing this since 1960 (Yankees lost, Green Bay lost, Nixon lost) I won. Guess it went to my head.

Gimp, think you know I'd love to see Edwards win the nomination but with the Kerry win in Iowa giving him a big bounce in N.H. and him looking so strong in the polls it appears he might just be a train coming down the hill.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 01-21-2004, 02:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I think it?s Jump ball and too early to tell. The key issues are the economy and the status of the war on the terrorists and/or associated attacks against the US. What is currently missing and probably will remain missing is a platform (s) of things to debate and/or choose from. The choices will probably be between various politically driven clever rhetoric and spin, regardless of how the economy or the war against the terrorists is going or not going.

Dean is still the wild card so anything can happen I suppose. He has the attention of the global pro-Saddam, anti-Israel and pro-Osama bin Laden contingent and they may choose to meddle and help him along a bit. Dean has been unwittingly playing their song so it seems reasonable that they would take an active interest and make a statement of some sort.

Scamp
Old 01-21-2004, 02:42 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Bush vs Kerry

Bush vs Kerry,

Bush by a hair in November.

On the domestic issues I have some serious reserves about Bush.
On the Moral Issues he is right on.
Foreign Issues I think over all he has done okay.

I will probably vote for bush. All the Democrats are on the wrong side of the Moral issues and that always tips the scales for me.

Keith
Old 01-21-2004, 02:53 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Adding Spice

In order to make this a more enjoyable bit of prognostication, I propose that subsequent responders post their replies in the form of "A vs. B", with percentages for either, and why. If that appeals to any, some, all, whatever, er (PC-slippage moment) whomever, I'll be the first to post my predictions.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 01-21-2004, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I am a registered Republican and have been pro Bush since the last election but after the horrible state of the union address the other night and the wholesale sell out of jobs in my industry I am prepared to vote for Kerry. I have some issues with Kerry's politics but too many in my industry have suffered from Bush's policies for me to vote for him again. Personally I have spent at least $100,000.00 in training and untold amounts in time for jobs that no longer exist. I am not alone. Many of us coming up through the late 80's and early 90's spent all of our time and money learning the ins and outs of the high tech trade only to be cast aside for cheap overseas labor. The number of families and careers destroyed is outrageous. Bush does not and will not address these issues. he would rather keep the payout flowing in tax cuts to the very people screwing us over in our own country. There are a few other reasons I cannot in good conscience vote for Bush again.

1. Immigration.
I live on the border, it is a nightmare. Drugs and criminals fill the streets day and night, 90% flowing freely from Mexico. All the people crying that the Mexicans are taking jobs we don't want are full of crap. They either don't live here or are working for special interests. The new wholesale amnesty Bush proposes is a slap in the face to the millions who have gave their lives in the military and the border patrol to make our country safe for it's citizens.

2. Tax cuts.
A $300.00 tax rebate for having a child does nothing for the economy. I have no doubt though that the tax cuts given to the same corporations that sell our jobs overseas with reckless abandon have fattened their bottom lines nicely.

3.Patriot Act.
This is nothing more then an invitation to disaster. I will not go into detail as it would take more then most would read but suffice it to say that when you can hold people for trial without having to disclose the charges you are asking for trouble. Think Nazi Germany.

4.Medical care.
Our nation is rapidly aging. We need universal health care. It has been done and done well in other countries. Just look at health care in Germany before you buy the bullshit party line that it would turn health care into a substandard service. HMO's and PPO's have already turned health care into a substandard service. We also need to be able to buy drugs from competing nations. What happened to working in the world economy? I guess it only applies if you are not rich and connected like the drug companies are in Washington.

5.Veterans issues.
Veterans as a group have been abandoned by this administration. I will not argue the fact as it is fact. We are still being lied to about the first Gulf War and thousands of veterans have died and are dying since our return. They are victims of a process this administration has promised to fix but has decided to let languish. Not only have these veterans been left to die in many instances but their famies have suffered as well with birth defects and the overwhelming crush of medical bills and outright desperation for answers.

These are just my top 5 reasons for jumping ship this year. God help the republican party. They have crossed the line with big business farther then I can tolerate any longer.

Anyone know if I can change my registration to Independent?
Old 01-21-2004, 08:23 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default OK...Can Do

2004 Presidential Election:

Bush/Cheney vs Kerry/Edwards
Incumbent wins by a landslide.Somewhere in the 65/35% area.
Why?:American people simply will not elect as President of The United States a radical leftist platform such as the Democratic party will march out of their convention with this year.The populace will be reminded of how Ted Kennedy sat and jeered as our president addressed congress with the State of the Union speech.They will also be reminded that John Kerry has voted along side Kennedy and his ilk from day one.Teddy has lost all credibility among the American voting public.Kerry will go down right beside him.
America trusts President George W. Bush.

Peace,Griz
Old 01-21-2004, 08:31 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to travisab1
Thumbs down Terrorist;

David;
When I registered last year I tried to register as a conservative. I was told OK but that I couldn?t vote in the Primaries. So I said, Republican. Bring back the Whig?s. At least no-one can remember them. It?s getting pretty bad when you can?t proudly name what party you back. When I found out Bush was going to sign that gun bill in law this year I stood up and took notice.

Like I said before, I shudder to think of what good ole? Al Goard would have done after 911. You know like with Naughty, Naughty, Naughty you bad Terrorist. Now you tell them over 3,000 human beings you slaughtered who?s family member?s lives are forever ruined that you?re sorry and you won?t do it again.

What the HELL can you do but let them know that they can?t come to America and Terrorize We the People without some sort of retaliation. They?d better thank their god what ever it?s made out of that someone like me wasn?t the President of the US of A. I?d have turned that whole desert into glass. To HELL with the collateral damage. They didn?t mind killing our innocent people here, why should we care about killing those heathens over there. I?m sorry. I believe in GOD and apple pie but when you turn your face for the second slap that?s it. The Bible didn?t say turn your cheek back for a third slap.

May God save us all.

Regards,
Travis

I could sure use another one right about now...
Old 01-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Doc.2/47

I figgure Griz is right on the money:Bush by a landslide.

Course I didn't believe Nixon had a hope in Hell either time.

Lincoln!?!? That boy wrote fine speeches but was a SERIOUS war-monger.

Where are T. Roosevelt or Andy Jackson when we really need them?Bet either would STILL run if somebody'd just go kick the dirt off em!
Old 01-21-2004, 10:38 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I am going to vote for a Democratic politician for the first time since 1976. I am voting for Kerry. Anyone that objectively looks at the Bush record and tries to gloss over all of it, is in deep denial.

Larry