The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2008, 02:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to inhonurofswa
Default POW/MIA bracelets

I was on the internet and there was this website that has been selling bracelets like the ones that were given back during the war. They're really cool, I was wondering if anyone had one. I really want to get one.

taylor
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2008, 11:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Taylor,

Here's a website on the bracelets that may be useful:

http://www.miafacts.org/bracelets.htm

Steve

Steve / 82Rigger
Old 03-28-2008, 05:59 AM

Taylor - still wear one that I've had for over 30+ years. It's a constant reminder that POW's or those Missing In Action are always being remembered. My guy hasn't been found yet or his remains. Until then I will wear it daily as I have for years. Badly tarnished but still legeible. I'm getting up there in years now and don't know what I will do with it once I move on to bigger and better things? I'm sure my bracelet is not the only one for USAF Major Richard G. Elzinga lost in Laos in March of 1970. I'm sure his family members all have one in their possesion. I don't think my Grandkids will wear it when I'm gone so who knows what will become of it. I may have put in my cremation jar?

Taylor we each carry with us something to keep us from forgetting those we've lost or made that ultimate sacrafice. It's difficult to explain I just don't want to forget all those we lost.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 03-28-2008, 06:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Don't have a bracelett but have worn a ST. Joan medal around my neck , for the last 38 years , that was given to me right before I left for Vietnam for good luck. She has never come off my neck during that time , ever. Reminds me every day how lucky I am just to be alive , as James would say, and reminds me of the sacrifice of so many.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default T

...You may order them from the company called,...

...STEMARCO, out of Odessa Texas, 1908 E 7th street 79761-4822,...

...their phone number is 1(432) 334-6900,...

...you may order them in different metals from steel to sterling silver with gold inlay, you may also pick the state from which you want remebering those missing/lost from there, or pick a person of intrest of which your aware...

...Col. CHARLES W. BURKART JR.
USAF 13 JUN 66 LAOS

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 03-28-2008, 07:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to inhonurofswa
Default Thank you

Thank you so much for the responses. I would love to order one when the time is right, I would love to pick a name and put his information with my uncle's.

taylor
Old 03-29-2008, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Put it on the day I got it over 30 years ago; Capt. Park Bunker, USAF 30 Dec 70, Laos, and it will go in the hole with me unless Park comes home to rest. I haven't even taken it off for those darned metal detectors.
I've been in touch with Parks daughter a couple of times, we even swap e-mails occasionally. Park was in the Ravens and it wasn't until a movie came out about the Ravens that Uncle Sam even admitted that we had losses throughout South-east Asia. The Ravens mission was to cut off the Ho-Chi-Minh Trail which they only damaged but didn't distroy. I'll never forget.