The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2002, 08:33 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry The Essentiality Of Shotgun Diplomacy

?THE ESSENTIALITY OF SHOTGUN DIPLOMACY?

While still attempting to attain a diplomatic solution (MAYBE?) to Saddam?s lunacy, President Bush is making damned sure that he is still squeezing the ?Freak of The Dunes? firmly about the jugular! Hussein may not appreciate it yet, but he is already beyond the point of no return, and within a fatal minefield of his own making!

One thing, however, puzzled me at first! Quote: ?Elite operations troops have been told to separate from the military and to join ?Central Intelligence Units? that can be used in ?ANY? campaign.? The piece went on to say that: ?These troops could bring their counterterrorism skills to covert missions while allowing the Pentagon to maintain that no uniformed combat forces were in action!?

In times of war, any combatant found out of his uniform is in grave peril, is he (or she) not? What safeguards is the President proposing in the event that our exceedingly brave people, conducting operations under no flag or uniform, are protected from being treated as spies? ?In war, people are captured you know, and if we do send our people out into harm?s way, minus any identifying insignia and with the Pentagon denying these troopers exist, these people will certainly deserve hero status, one and all!?

This would not, of course, be the first time that American fighting men were released to combat for another friendly power. The Lafayette Escadrille, the Flying Tigers, and even some forces under British and Canadian Command during World War II, were prime examples of a ?Human Lend/Lease System!? And even the French underground battled
bravely, knowing that if captured, the Geneva Convention may not protect them! And if I read this correctly (New York Times News Service), and I will quote again: ?These elite, special operations troops have been told to separate from the military temporarily and to join CIA units that could be used in any campaign!!?

I can only hope that if any of these ?Brave Young Americans? are unfortunate enough to be captured, President Bush has made it clear to the enemy that they are to be afforded the protections given to any POW! Once identified as American, if any violation of these troopers rights or lives is undertaken by Hussein, the Iraqi Army, or any other misguided enemy zealot, then that criminal foreign entity will be exterminated at war?s end. ?And have no doubts about it, this war will end with the United States emerging as the victor!?

Finally, I agree completely with others upon this site, in that CNN and other news agencies are again acting the part of ?Hussein?s Eyes and Ears!? This too is a dangerous endeavor, not for these ?News Nerds?, but rather for those courageous souls on the field of battle who are protecting even CNN?s right to spill their guts! God, we can only hope that, like Schwarzkopf (Gulf War I), the information being released to the media is laced with BS!! How about it ?Slimy Saddam?, are you willing to bet your life on what you see on the tube? ?YOU ARE, YOU KNOW!!?

VERITAS