The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2007, 07:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Another MUST DO is to get an IFOT picture.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

An IFOT picture is "In Front Of Tetons."
Old 01-02-2007, 07:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Tom you are cruel

Sid and Chris had their rifles out and were aiming at their computer screens. Just plain cruel for Sid and Chris to see all those elk.

We have an elk feed station just outside Ellensburg. They sure get big don't they.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:02 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I love that area, its so beautiful up there. Were going to try and make it up there this spring.

Those are great pictures too.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Frisco,

Been gettin' worried about you and Kath. Thought you were stuck in the Donner Pass or something.

How friggin' beautiful is that place! Don't understand what all that white stuff is but it looks beautiful. I noticed you didn't have your Palmetto blanket.......smart move. It's for use from 55 degrees +....not good in, what was that, teens?????

Welcome home, and it sure looks like you had a great trip. Is that going to be your retirement place? You two look like you fit right in.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 01-03-2007, 06:33 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by Packy Frisco,

Been gettin' worried about you and Kath. Thought you were stuck in the Donner Pass or something.

How friggin' beautiful is that place! Don't understand what all that white stuff is but it looks beautiful. I noticed you didn't have your Palmetto blanket.......smart move. It's for use from 55 degrees +....not good in, what was that, teens?????

Welcome home, and it sure looks like you had a great trip. Is that going to be your retirement place? You two look like you fit right in.

Pack
Heck, no Pack, he's gonna retire to someplace sensible, like Oregon. Snow is great to visit but its a bitch to have to shovel it out of your driveway. ( I have a mile long driveway!!)

great Pics, Tom (friscokid) the place is just like I remember it. Guess what Santa brought me? a new set of ski's. Been thinking about taking a little skiing road trip, might hit the road next week after Sue gets back.

Stay good, Tom (all the Toms)
James
Old 01-03-2007, 07:04 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Great pictures Tom. Thanks
Old 01-03-2007, 08:08 AM

Default Yo Kid....

...thanks for the flicks and narration Tom...nice to see some beautiful mountains for a change instead of those I see here.

As I mentioned in my other post (Merry)...what a beautiful part of Our Great Nation!

So glad you had such a good time and you and Kath look just Gr8!

Semper Fi from the Cooooold (but NOT yet in the teens) Sands of Kandahar,
Old 01-03-2007, 07:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Tom: We made it over Donner, but it wasn't easy. Took over 8hrs. to get to Reno; usually takes less than 4. We hit snow at about 2,000'. It was "Chains Required or Four Wheel Drive Vehicles With Snow Tires." We took the Subaru, so had the four wheel drive covered but have all-season radials. It was doing good when we reached the check point and they waved me through. When we got to the top [about 7500'] the plows hadn't been up there lately. Had about a foot of snow on the road. Several rigs in the ditch, but we walked right by them. All those years I lived in snow country paid off.

The Palmetto Blanket holds a distinguished spot on the back of one of the rockers in the living room. It has a good home.

It would be a great place to retire to, but pretty expensive. Probably won't be to Oregon; more like the Spokane, WA/Couer d' Alene, ID area. That's where Kath is from. Lived there many years and raised the kids there.

James: Tommy don't shovel snow no mo'. I had a snow blower the last 6-7yrs. we lived in snow country. Don't know what took me so long to get one.

I got in some cross country skiing while we were there. Did pretty good considering my age and the altitude. I used to do it pretty seriously back in the day. Usually did 2-3 races per season. I've done several 30k races.

Where you going to go ski at? Mt. Bachelor is practically in your backyard. Some of the best skiing in the Pacific Northwest. Or,....try Jackson. Some of the STEEPEST skiing in THE COUNTRY.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Doc.2/47

Thumbs up

WOW!!!!

The Elk and the pics. both deserve wall space!

Could pass on the altitude, the cold, and that funny-lookin white stuff though.