The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2003, 02:48 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Got a pig for the Psyco Vets Campout

Left yesterday afternoon and went to middle georgia over near Augusta and went wild pig hunting. Wanted to get one for the psyco vets campout next weekend. Shot about a 120 lb boar this morning and got him all dressed out for cookin. I think I'll experiment this week with a Brown Sugar, Honey and burbon glaze and smoke the pig. (OK,, how many papers DOES it take to roll a pig) Also got a wild turkey for cookin. We ordered 3 bushels of oysters for pick up Friday morning so we can make Tequila-oyster hot shots. So far we have psyco vets coming in from Florida and Louisana. If any of you guys want directions just PM me. I am not sure if DMZ-LT will be well enough to come up or not. He was thinking of getting Lil LT to bring him up for a day. We will see.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2003, 02:53 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Sid...from what i can see looks like a real nice pig. Have not done any hog huntin' since I left Oklahoma. Wish I could join you guys next weekend, would love to meet everyone!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 04:51 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Thats a real Nice pig you got there ,should be good eat'n , Back when I was growin' up in SE Missouri we would take a pig cut it up in 1/4's season it with BBQ sauce wrap it in foil and burlap dig a big hole ,line it with rocks, build a fire and when the coals are nice and hot lay the pig in the coals ,cover with wet burlap&dirt and let it roast for close to 3 hours .The pork would fall off the bone and tasted great Mmmm Good, you all have a great Smked Pig and weekend
Old 04-14-2003, 06:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Don't foget the apple...

...looks finger lickin' good...

...cut up a variety of fruit, and line it when before you smoke it, apples, and plums mix well, gives it some nice sweet drippings...

...Hope John can make it, even if you have to teather him to the deck from "several" points to insure stability...

..My brother screwed up yesterday while pulling a motor, had the engine, and transmission on a 2 ton chain hoist off the I beam in his/our grarage, and the mount that slides along the I beam wasn't secure enough, and in the middle of pulling it up, and out, the hoist came off the mount, and came down, and smacked him across the forearm, he could lift it, but real swollen up, and I'm sure it hurts QUITE a bit, had previously warned him when he put it up to change the outside washer on it to secure it...

...He didn't mention anything about that though,... light duty for a while, should go get an x-ray, etc...

...smoke dat pig, and have a good time, the weather just broke up here yesterday, and the sun is out for the second day in a row since October..., feels like it anyway...

...onward..........

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 04-14-2003, 09:52 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool Pig

Real happy to see you shot a pig-pig and not one in a uniform. Sometimes I worry about things like that.
Smoked pig is excellent but they are hard to get lit. Good luck.
Wish I could be there however my wife and my liver both decided it would not be in my own best interest.
Glad to see you've got the S. Vietnam colors on your truck, like that a lot.

Stay healthy, be careful,
Andy
Old 04-14-2003, 02:34 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Sid

That pig looks like a wild domestic pig. We have some Russan Boars hear, There a little bigger 400-500 lbs, and a bunch meaner.
The reason I bought my 444 was for Russan Boars, They just get pissed when you shoot them with a 30-06.

Maybe I can go shoot a turducken for ya, or a Armidillo.

Ron
Old 04-14-2003, 03:15 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default I think so

More than likely a wild domestic, We have the Russians also. Big and shiny black and mean. Largest I have seen in real life was 422lbs, I have seen a picture of one reported to be 600 lbs. Dog Hoggin is a favorite sport in south Georgia. Saw a Hog Dog Sunday morning that looked like a pit bull on steroids. Was 9 months old and weighed 160. The owner said it was a Argentine breed called a DoDo. Said he could exert a jaw pressure of 2,000 pounds per square inch.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Woo, Thats a BIG dog there haven't heard of them but sure is Big
Old 04-16-2003, 07:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Cool SID!

Way ta go, Bud! I'm sure it's gonna be some numbah 1 chop-chop. We have European wild boar out here. They mostly range from the Santa Cruz Mountains south, down through Monterey and Big Sur. Can be some onry critters. Down in the Mojave Desert, and into Arizona, we have javelina, or peccaries. A smaller breed of wild boar that travels in packs, and is tough enough to do quite well in this inhospitable environment.

I heard today about a wild boar in Central Germany that broke into an elderly couple's home, who were napping, wrecked some furnishings, and jumped up on the bed with the couple and bit the man. He wasn't seriously hurt. Maybe seeking some revenge for all that bratwurst and sausage the Krauts eat .

P.S. Given you boys' track record with open fires, you might want to think about microwavin' that porker
Old 04-17-2003, 05:25 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Frisco

When you guys leavin? Hope you have a real good time. I am packing up to go to the mountains today and get ready for the campout. Got a few honey-dos to take care of before I go. I'll take pictures and post them you guys do the same.