The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Warriors Saloon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2002, 04:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to vetgirl

judy... just a personal note on the family thread is rita with me and SARG with me at 18 yrs (29 yrs ago)
P.S. I'm fat now

deb
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2002, 08:45 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

Vetgirl
Tried to find the picture but couldn't find it. Help.
Old 10-29-2002, 03:42 PM

Default Ladies night(and day)-smell the coffee

Hi Judy, I'm back. My computer has been down since Aug. I feel like my right arm was cut off. My son is still overseas. He's doing well,physically. But mentally.... He left a girlfriend here who has just started to give him some static,("you don't write me enough,I'm so lonely") The kind of stuff he does not need to be hearing. I understand that she's in pain in her own way, but I hate the thought that he's got to worry about that, when he needs to have a clear head and focus- and keep himself ALIVE. He is a fine Soldier, excelling at everything that has been thrown at him. Getting all kinds of awards. I haven't seen him since March and probably won't see him till next March.(Anti-depressants are a wonderful thing) I am so proud of him, I could burst.He took a leave of absence from his job to join the Army after Sept 11. He felt it was his duty. Hooah! Well, that's my story.
Just wanted to say "Hey" Hope you are all doing well
Old 11-01-2002, 09:30 AM

Thumbs up Ladies night

Nang! Good to hear from you! I haven't been posting for a long time.... you are right your son didn't need to hear that from his grilfriend. I know you are so proud of him. My computer went down for a while but I got it fixed quick! You're right it does feel like you get cut off. Does your son e-mail you? Tell him hi from another old army gal and Godspeed and he'll be in my prayers. I have 7 grandson's and my oldest is 16 and wants to go into the airforce like Dad and my other son is staying in also because his country needs him. He's in the air force too. I worry and take antidepressants too! I pray for all our men and leaders. They are exposed to so much danger every day. My mother's heart is with you! :
Old 12-01-2002, 11:22 AM

Default Ladies-guys/smell the coffee!

How many veterans expect to feel lonely and depresssed and exploited. Frozen in time, nothing can change, nothing can go right. These beliefs have been reinforced by bad experiences, many brought on by self-defeating behaviors. Some of us build walls and bridges and look for rivers to fit them. Some bridges we never cross. Help often comes in the most unlikely places but because our rigid minds are set on how it must be done, we refuse help. Closed minds and hearts do not receive. We refuse to see the bright side because we don't want to give up our view of what could happen. Ga to gv, stand still, and listen to the small voice within and pray for wisdom which is abundant and forthcoming if we listen with an open heart. Coffee's on any takers?
Old 12-01-2002, 11:41 AM

Default Ladies/guys-smell the coffee

The Cherokee believes age includes the many stages of life to measure wisdom. PTSD causes us to become rigid in our thinking. If our thoughts are rigid our bodies and face reflect this. My grandmother used to say "grow old with smile wrinkles and you will be beautiful. Old people with frowning lines are like dry bones." I suffer from osteoporosis and now I know what she means. Some negative people are so draining they feel they are draining the marrow from your bones. Love transcends many dry places and a flexible mind is easy to bare. When we are comfortable with ourselves, we are ageless.
Old 12-01-2002, 01:36 PM

Judy,

Thank you. I enjoyed reading your beautiful words.

Philly
Old 12-02-2002, 09:38 AM

Thumbs up philly

You are very welcome. Tnanks for reading them. I wasn't sure anyone was listening to this forum anymore. It's good to find fellow coffee drinkers! Have a cup of java.
Old 12-02-2002, 09:47 AM

Thumbs up ladies/guys smell the coffee

When we think in all/nothing, black/ white, good/bad, we give power to our trauma.(Those of us who suffer it) Let us rise above this and think of the many colors of the rainbow. Life is not black and white, right or wrong. Most of life is lived inbetween the color spectrum. If we don't focus on extremes we can play and enjoy love and peace around us. Today I will seek balance, smell the fresh air and tune in to others and my God.
Old 12-03-2002, 03:51 PM

Peace of mind is a beautiful pink sunset over the ocean reflected over the white sand. Peace is suppertime when the smells of mother's cooking and her soft alto voice singing filled the air. Peace is a soft warm bed on a cold night, a warm fire crackling, roasting marshmallows, a hay ride; a shaft of sunlight that touches the spirit, the laughter of a child. Peace is a kind word, gentle spirits, birds singing. Peace is hearing something we believe when it is hard to believe in anything. it is a quiet knowing that things can work out and life is worth living. There is hi ae s di:: There is peace on earth.