The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2004, 10:30 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to zuni_rocket
Default Aussie's & Yank's Bloody Good Friends Mates!

One of the most memorable times I had & lordy was it a drunkards party if ever I still feel the hang over LOL, was a chance run in with a group of Aussie's who were on R&R or I&I as it was also referred to it in Saigon.I still have the cigarette lighter I exchanged with one of the Royal Marines I think that is what they were..but I remeber just about every other word they spoke was "Bloody" LOL every thing had Bloody in front of it & we couldn't out buy these guys drinks, I remember the only one argument having been was we had bought the last couple rounds and for us to keep ur bloody yank money in our pockets cause it was their turn LOL ok!! I always wanted to go to Aussieland but did make it.DANG IT!
I saw this article I wish I had written it I surely agree whole heartedly with the author

The Art Of Losing Friends

By Charles Krauthammer
Friday, September 24, 2004; Page A25

Of all our allies in the world, which is the only one to have joined the United States in the foxhole in every war in the past 100 years? Not Britain, not Canada, certainly not France. The answer is Australia.

Australia does not share only a community of values with the United States. It understands that its safety rests ultimately on a stable international structure that, in turn, rests not on parchment treaties but on the power and credibility of the United States. Which is why Australia is with us today in both Afghanistan and Iraq.

Australian Prime Minister John Howard has taken great risks and much political heat for his support of America. There is a national election in Australia on Oct. 9, and the race is neck and neck between Howard and Labor Party leader Mark Latham. Latham has pledged to withdraw from Iraq.

This is a critical election not only for Australia but also for the United States. Think of the effect on America, its front-line soldiers and its coalition partners if one of its closest allies turns tail and runs.

The terrorists are well aware of this potential effect. Everyone knows about the train bombings in Madrid that succeeded in bringing down a pro-American government and led to Spain's precipitous withdrawal from Iraq. But few here noticed that this month's car bombing in Jakarta, Indonesia, was designed to have precisely the same effect.

Where was the bomb set off? At the Australian Embassy. When was it set off? Just weeks before the Australian election and just three days before the only televised debate between Howard and Latham.

The terrorists' objective is to intimidate all countries allied with America. Make them bleed and tell them this is the price they pay for being a U.S. ally. The implication is obvious: Abandon America and buy your safety.

That is what the terrorists are saying. Why is the Kerry campaign saying the same thing? "John Kerry's campaign has warned Australians that the Howard Government's support for the US in Iraq has made them a bigger target for international terrorists." So reports the Weekend Australian (Sept. 18).

Americans Overseas for Kerry is the Kerry operation for winning the crucial votes of Americans living abroad (remember the Florida recount?), including more than 100,000 who live in Australia. Its leader was interviewed Sept. 16 by The Australian's Washington correspondent, Roy Eccleston. Asked if she believed the terrorist threat to Australians was now greater because of the support for President Bush, she replied: "I would have to say that," noting that "[t]he most recent attack was on the Australian embassy in Jakarta."

She said this of her country (and of the war that Australia is helping us with in Iraq): "[W]e are endangering the Australians now by this wanton disregard for international law and multilateral channels." Mark Latham could not have said it better. Nor could Jemaah Islamiah, the al Qaeda affiliate that killed nine people in the Jakarta bombing.

This Kerry spokesman, undermining a key ally on the eve of a critical election, is no rogue political operative. She is the head of Americans Overseas for Kerry -- Diana Kerry, sister to John.

She is, of course, merely echoing her brother, who, at a time when allies have shown great political courage in facing down both terrorists and domestic opposition for their assistance to the United States in Iraq, calls these allies the "coalition of the coerced and the bribed."

This snide and reckless put-down more than undermines our best friends abroad. It demonstrates the cynicism of Kerry's promise to broaden our coalition in Iraq. If this is how Kerry repays America's closest allies -- ridiculing the likes of Tony Blair and John Howard -- who does he think is going to step up tomorrow to be America's friend?

The only thing that distinguishes Kerry's Iraq proposals from Bush's is his promise to deploy his unique, near-mystical ability to bring in new allies to fight and pay for the war in Iraq -- to "make Iraq the world's responsibility" and get others to "share the burden," as he said this week at New York University.

Yet even Richard Holbrooke, a top Kerry foreign policy adviser, admits that the president of France is not going to call up President Kerry and say, "How many divisions should I send to Iraq?"

Nor will anyone else. Kerry abuses America's closest friends while courting those, like Germany and France, that have deliberately undermined America before, during and after the war. What lessons are leaders abroad to draw from this when President Kerry asks them -- pretty please in his most mellifluous French -- to put themselves on the line for the United States?

letters@charleskrauthammer.com
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2004, 09:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

I had the honor of Attending the Last C-130 Red Flag deployment from McChord AFB. When we arrived we found out that we would be shareing a Hanger with the RAAF they were a great group of Guys and brought a Pallet of Good Aussie Beer to celebrate with at the end of Red Flag. On the First day (when they landed) they broke and they worked hard to get thier plane flying before the last day of Flying. With Our units help and some spare parts we got their plane flying. After the days flying we all celebrated The Aussies brought the beer(Swan Lager and Twoies) and we bought a bunch of fried Chicken and had an ankle biteing good time. Yes the Aussies are our friends and Allies . Also like the US were settled by the dregs of European Society (Convicts, the poor, and people of a religion not of the State) God Bless our Cousins across the Pacific the "Aussies"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg glacser2.jpg (18.1 KB, 22 views)
Old 10-13-2004, 10:48 PM

Same as Georgia ! When you're fighting yankee's a redneck is a man's best friend !
Old 10-14-2004, 08:24 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Zuni: coming soon to Fox 35 Richmond,VA the Sinclair Broadcasting group will be televising a good special about the Mistreatment of POW's by the Viet-Cong and the relationship between Kerry's Testimony and the way the VC treated our troops . Hope you get to see it . Down here the closest Station is in Mobile Ala a little too far for my antenna to reach BTW let me know how it turns out if you watch it Thanks.
Jerry D'
Old 10-15-2004, 12:02 AM

I will try and tape it!
Old 10-15-2004, 07:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Aussie Update

Not only are the Aussies great allies of ours, their Prime Minister just endured a trial by fire worthy of the most stalwart of patriots, standing for reelection in time of war and dealing with leftists candyasses. John Howard, their PM, not only won reelection, but roundly and soundly kicked his opponent's ass. A further example of the Aussies regaining their collective senses is some serious tax reform they adopted overwhelmingly. Instead of cutting and running like the Spaniards did when they were attacked by al Qaeda, the Aussies dug in (hence, I think the term "diggers"), buried their dead from Bali, repaired their embassy in Djakarta, and shot a collective finger at the terrorists. The interpretation for those in Rio Linda is that conservatives won, and won big!

My own personal experience with the Aussies was working with their unit in 1967 northeast of Vung Tau. A fine fighting bunch of cavalry men, led by a Scottish descendant who retained the thickest of brogues. Had to get his NCO to act as translator, so we could coordinate our battle plans! They were still wearing the kangaroo leather boots, and suffering mightily from immersion foot. I sent one of my NCO's back to the rear area for a sergeant's mission to locate, secure, and transport forward, all the jungle boots he could 'find.' Next day, he returned with 3 duffel bags full, and the gratitude of the Aussies was manifested in liquid fashion!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 10-15-2004, 06:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Thanks Zuni

SuperScout: Yep the Aussies Do travel on their stomach and its their Beer that feeds them They will even drink our Koolaide Beer if they have too
Old 10-18-2004, 09:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default JerryD

Roger your last! From what my brother who lives in Australia tells me, now self-respecting Aussie would even touch a Foster's - it's just brewed for export. My experience with the Aussie Cav folks resulted in their bringing out their very finest, a brand named Victoria's Bitters, or somesuch name. Course, this was 30+ years ago, we were all quite shlossed at the time, and I've since sobered up! Linguistically speaking, the Aussies have incorporated the worst British expletive - "blood" - combined with the traditional American expletive - "f**king" - and use this marvelous descriptive phrase for just about anything and everything. It was the BF Cong, the BF grub, the BF leeches... you get the picture!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 10-18-2004, 08:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

SuperScout: Yep I agree if you don't see it over here it must be a good Beer Most Aussie brands like German beer are locally brewed and locally sold. And Miller Brewing sells Fosters & they probably own it also. It always amazed me the language you could get away with if you use some other countries slang and Gestures work good too like the two finger salute(UK) or OK(Greece) , thumbs up also is a good one not to use around Aussies
Old 10-18-2004, 09:17 PM

Did anyone who went to Vietnam by chance go to Aussie Land for their out of country R&R ??