The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2003, 02:32 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default My opinion #5. Playing with a ball

I think its just stupid that we, as Americans, can't pay our teachers, police or Firemen a meslie $50,000 a year but we can support the paying of someone who plays with a ball 50 million $ a year. Are we all stupid? And not only that they drop the ball a lot of the time. You can fail 7 out of 10 times at bat in baceball and you go to the hall of fame? What ?
Just think if you failed 7 out of 10 time at your job, where would you be. I use the word job loosly with ball players, after all they are "playing with a ball"
No thanks

Just my opinion
Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2003, 03:08 PM

You can't argue that point. It's amusement - its our National Sport - and most of the people who watch it - can't afford to go and see them play.

If the media pay's for and people want to shell out those big bucks (many of them are corporations) - then how can you stop it?

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 03:49 PM

Well,,,,,,,

The next time YOU have to go and RESCUE someone from a burning house or and real bad car accident, just do this:

Have Admission, A hot Dog Vendor. A Beer/ Soda Vendor, and dont forget the little penants that are available.

Add all of that up and in just one game alone it would be more than you can make as a Public Servant in lets say about 10 years.

I agree one hundred persent. Yall should be worth one hell of alot more than even (as you say) 50,000.00 a year.

There is a download on this subject also. It is your measly monies that go to games and pay these ridiculous prices to get them to the top wages.

It is our only intertainment and to tell the truth, here is what I do.

I go to the store and get a 12 pack, some chicken gizzards, and I cook the gizzards up and drink my beer right in front of the tube, and dont have to worry about driving home and trying to being rescued by one of you firefighters cause I was a drunk driver,

BOYCOT SPORTS AND THEIR WAGES.

enough..;/
Old 10-22-2003, 06:35 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Reeb

Im not sure what the answer is to this, I don't think a boycot is in order. But people need to be aware of what they are giving there money to and these people are not any kind of roll model for kids.
Belive me, If I could, I would make the 50 million and laugh at all the little people all the way to the bank. But I can't so I'll complain that Police, Fire, and teachers don't make enough.

For some strang reason the public expects a hole lot more from its < $50,000 employees than they do from a $50 million ball player.

The only reason I can afford to live in Sugar Land, Texas is because I bought my house 20 years ago. Most of Sugar Lands public servents can't afford to live hear. But we have a whole bunch of ball players and actors and singers lving hear that expect some specle treatment when they need help. You can bet I give it to them.

Ron
Old 10-22-2003, 09:58 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

What gets me is that even the best batter usually only hit about .333 which means that he fails in his assigned task almost 70% of the time, but still gets the big bucks. Now I don't know about you guys but if I failed to complete an assignment 70% of the time I'd be in the unemployment line. Essentially these jag-offs are getting paid to fail. What a country!
Old 10-22-2003, 10:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

They have re-elected the Mayor of Memphis for the fourth time in a row. He was the Memphis City School superintendent starting in 1968 for 15 years, and made a shambles out of it. The Memphis City Council wants to raise his salary from $ 140,000 to $ 200,000. A neat, almost 40%, increase. I believe the mayor of New York City only makes $ 190,000 and President Bush, $ 250,000. I don't get it. When we had our near hurricane strength windstorm in June, he was in Little Rock, Arkansas for a political fund raiser, and was in no hurry to come back. Maybe some of the voters ( 10,343 ), who voted for a confessed bank robber and one who bit another woman's ear off, for Memphis City Council recently, can follow the logic of this. I am glad I live in a different, smaller city.

Larry

DEO VINDICE
Old 10-22-2003, 03:34 PM

Hey Yall,

Go to a NASCAR Race and see how much you spend!!!!!!!

The drivers dont make that much from the owner, but boy the Salary Cap aint there for them.

They earn their money from endorsements, points, laps, etc.

That is one job ( and I took 6 laps around Tx speedway) that you couldnt get me to do, You life is in your own hands, not the QB, Pitcher,Goaleie, or REFS........

enough..........
Old 10-22-2003, 05:14 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Reeb---Nascar

depends on what series your talking. Trucks, Bush and Winston cup all have there drivers under contract. The owner gets the money from sponcers and anything else. Last year Jeff Gordon made 19 million$ because thats what his contract said. Lets see 19 million devided by 36 races + almost $540,000 per race even if he finished last.
Now the guys that race ASA or Lower (There are 10 classes I think) most do not have a contract or at least a long term contract. Dupont pays 30 million a year to put Dupont on the hood of the 24 in Winston cup. Nextell just signed a huge deal with Nascar for next year when RJ Renolds pulls out, Over 100 million$. The guys racing now are a bunch of primadonnas and wouldn't last 10 min in a race in the mid 70s.
Did You know Grand National stock cars raced at Bristtol when it was a dirt track? That was before it was called Nascar.
Jack Roush is from My home town. I knew him and his brother before he was in nascar. Gapp& Roush Pinto, NHRA pro stock.

ron