The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2002, 05:03 AM

Question Got one question ?

Now that Iraq has said they will let the inspectors back in to look around :cd: dose Bush want peace or war? sorry two questions and is this about w.d, or OIL? if oil that works for me, but it dose make you think don't it.
razz
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2002, 09:02 AM

Beware the Iraqi inviting you into his tent. They've had plenty of time to "hide" what they really have. Watch all the "playing" and posturing once and IF the inspectors go ... the Iraqis will deny them access to certain areas.

What good is "compliance" inspection if the inspections are not thorough? Its all a game ... a game in which both sides are willing to bet lives ...

The Old Sarge
Old 09-17-2002, 09:16 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default blues clues' question(s)...

First-off: "leberal and proud", your questions are quite irrelevent and meaningless to most sensible, honest and NOT self/clique-serving Americans. Though, and granted, such questions are all important to many Liberals and/or those intent on putting-off the inevitable,...for whatever cockamamie and/or viewing the world through rose-colored glasses reasons.

After all, why should ANY WINNER have to ask permission of ANY LOOSER to inspect anything? Politics and even The UN aside, such nonsense is just that. No more, no less.

Besides, if The Greatest Military on Earth has the muscle to do a reconnaisance in force anywhere in the world it so chooses,...why-the-hell can't The USA do a Recon/Inspection in force ANYWHERE & WHENEVER it chooses to do so in Iraq?

I've no doubt whatsoever, especially given our overwhelmingly superior air support, that Recon. Sqdns. of my Alma Mater (The 7th Cavalry) could do the job quite well. "Quite well" hell!!!
Only morons with a death wish would try to stop: "Those Garry Owen Boys" from inspecting ANYTHING. And, that's a fact Jack.

Neil
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 09:34 AM

Neal just because I'm a leberal dosen't stopme asking question's about the real reasons for going to war. and also being with the cav. you're right about Garry Owen's. but we still need time to get the cav there and all the other troops we'll need.
and that is a fact.
razz
Old 09-17-2002, 11:04 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default blues clues...

Razz,

Glad to see we're basically on the same page.
Still, and since much of the very same questions (plus Intel.) have already been asked way back in "91 and "92, what's the point wasting time with such now? I believe we're running out of "IT".

Besides, and to sort-of repeat myself, I believe it's absolutely stupid (suicidal also) for ANY WINNER to ask ANY LOOSER for permission to inspect ANYTHING, much less those things that could mass-murder Americans.

Also, and even though as apolitical as it gets (I've grown-up and been de-programmed),...I'd much prefer that our glorious politicos, rulers and/or The Military's micro-managers ERR (the norm) on the side of SURVIVAL.
Hey,...call me: "Chicken". But, being sensible, that's exactly how I perceive all the nonsensical debatting of policing A LOOSER to be. I'm sure my daughter and grandchildren might also appreciate SURVIVAL, rather than the opposite due to political B.S.

Also, and just because Old Sadam told The UN to pretty-much shove their 16 Resolutions up where the sun don't shine,...why should We Americans (THE WINNERS) perpetually go along with such nonsense too? We're not whimps, like The UN beaurocrats.

Oh, and on that troop deployment bit, we've already got about 40-50 thousand in that neck-of-the-woods, and thousands more floating around on Naval Vessels in that vicinity. So, where's the problem, since only a few Recon Sqdns are needed to inspect (or destroy where inspection is denied) whatever needs inspecting (or destroying).

Neil
Old 09-17-2002, 11:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Don't Mean Nothing!

Saddam is just stalling for time. When the inspectors get too close he'll try to chase them out. Don't mean nothing! Just a stalling tactic. The administration knows that. But, it gives us more time also to get our ducks in a row. Its nothing more than a game of hide and seek.

Keith
Old 09-17-2002, 12:59 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sarge, and Keith said it best...

...Sadumb knows that, we know that, he knows that, and he's just looking for better hiding spaces, the cards are on the table, and its only a matter of time before he says, no can't go there, or can't see this etc....
...plenty of troops getting ready, and the world knows where, and what is going to happen, their just trying to "realign" themselves once the backtracking by Sadumb starts...

...laying odds on November as the favorite time by my guess, and I don't think it's going to go the way the gulf did, he knows we can blow them away chunk, by chunk with laser guided everything, and I think he's been spending his time digging in for this round...

...we know it, he knows it, the world knows it, the whole ball of wax is the stakes this time, and if the rest of the sniviling world doesn't understand that yet, God help them, and get the fuck out of our way, if it's up to us to save the world as we know it, so be it...

...We got "tin head" on the run, but I believe the "powers that be" are three steps ahead of what the public knows, and "HE"(Sadumb) is probably much closer then we (the general public) believe to aquiring weapons of mass distruction weather they be Nukes, or Bio...

...I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw a bus up Congress street...

...his patterns have always been the same, as soon as we get close, he plays "cat, and rat"...

At this stage, it's take him out by any means, conventional, or not, or suffer the consequences...

...My son's almost three,... do I want this done now to further protect his intrests in the future?,... you bet your ass!!!,... take my life now as I would gladly give my life now to secure his later, and believe me, I'd take a lot more of them with me before I go...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 09-17-2002, 01:51 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

This is a real thorny issue but as things have come to pass, quite a number of mid east countries have a vested interest in keeping Saddam in power. That interest is defined as the alternative that is waiting to fill the power vacuum left when Saddam and the Baath party get killed or pitched out. As a status quo, Iraq is a buffer between the Gulf States and the adventurous, radical, fundamentalist Shiite Moslems that are just chomping at the bit to grab up a destabilized Iraq. Yum, Yum, and feeding time they are saying. It would seem that the mid east countries now have a choice of ?pneumonia or diphtheria? and will drive real, real hard to stay with the devil they know. That being Iraq, as is.

Kuwait, Qatar and Saudi Arabia are directly threatened by Iraq so they will become more compliant to US wishes but the rest will, in all likelihood, pressure Iraq to look squeaky-clean and behave/do a nice dog and pony show for the UN. This won?t clean up the WMD mess but will put a new coat of makeup on the same old Ho.

Prez Bush is now seeing this changing set of circumstances and a whole passel of Gulf States are cuing up, trying to cut a new deal and get Dubya to put the Eagle away for the moment. The pressure is on and it looks like Dubya has the steering wheel, at least for now. Push has come to shove and the scramble is on, big time. Anyway, that?s what I see and perceive is going round and round at the moment. Nothing particularly new with this set of circumstances except that the emphasis is on a different syllable now. As well, the Arab states know the Eagle is coming with a vengeance/ sharp talons and they aren?t necessarily going to do the usual foot dragging, screwing around and waiting for fate to serve them up potluck one more time. But at the end of this new Arab initiative, I really don?t see Dubya being deflected and I don?t see the ?Saddam is really Mr. Rogers? pitch going anywhere.

Scamp
Old 09-17-2002, 02:41 PM

okay, simplistic,
as usual, but whatever happened to the old fashioned declaration of war? Ya'Know, blockade them - nothing in, nothing out. If it moves, shoot it. And no exemptions for their choppers this time.
Reconeil, the problem seems to be that the WINNERS don't occupy the territory of the LOSERS. We've given the choice of action away. So, instead of putting alot of potential casualties on the ground, how about the above, with the various service's SOGs going in for the persons we want and not against the people. And yes. the majority of the people are so brain-washed by Saddem-Insane and fanatics they'll scream "Jihad!" automaticaly, but what can we do about that? They'll have to sit and stew until they figure out who the problem is. Sorry 'bout that, but it's your country, so something about it.
Old 09-17-2002, 03:07 PM

Default This time

If we have to go in for any reason whatsoever, I just pray that our "powers that be" let our troops do it 100% ! The comment was made that sadumb had been spending the last few years "digging in" in anticipation of withstanding our "smart" bombs. I've got an answer for that. Anybody remembner the crater-maker bomb we used in Vietnam ? That sucker was so big it had to be carried in by a C-130 ! And the results were just as impressive. A crater the size of the Astrodome and a kill radius reported to be over 1/2 mile ! I saw arial before / after shots of one of these bombs. It was mighty impressive, to sat the least. Drop that sucker on any "buried" or fortified compound and the results would be a small (?) lake. Only a wisk broom and dustpan would be needed to clean up the remains !
It's almost as good as an A-bomb, but without the residual effects. We used this bomb to make instant LZ's in Nam. There aren't any trees to clear in the desert, but it could sure rearrange the dunes !!!