The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2021, 11:25 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up True American Heroes

2-16-2021

A great deal can be said about “America’s Heroes”, much of it true, but often over-accentuated by a zealous fervor and a need to make a mammoth and historical production out of the gallant actions of those who truly went above and beyond what was normally expected of any mortal man!

“But who is to say for sure what really constitutes a hero, and just how many men and women were, in every sense of the word, truly worthy of inclusion within their ranks?”

“BUT FOR THE GRACE AND THE BLESSINGS OF THE ALMIGHTY!!”

Hardcore
Old 02-16-2021, 01:01 PM

Arrow

(*) A true hero is someone who does something heroic for the benefit of others. For the benefit of someone other than themselves. Which doesn't mean that a hero can't benefit from his or her own heroism. But their deed or act or performance or accomplishment is not primarily for their own benefit.
-
Does the world need heroes?

We need heroes first and foremost because our heroes help define the limits of our aspirations. We largely define our ideals by the heroes we choose, and our ideals -- things like courage, honor, and justice -- largely define us.
-
How important are heroes in the world?

People need heroes because heroes save or improve lives and because heroes are inspiring. ... Heroes elevate us emotionally; they heal our psychological ills; they build connections between people; they encourage us to transform ourselves for the better; and they call us to become heroes and help others.
-
Who saved the most lives?

Norman Borlaug

But it is not far-fetched to consider Norman Borlaug as the person who saved the most lives. His contribution? The development of new crops that saved hundreds of thousands of people from starvation. In 1942, the world population was around 2.3 billion people.
-
Which invention saved the most lives?

Important breakthroughs

The breakthroughs that are credited with saving the most lives? Toilets, synthetic fertilizers, blood transfusions, the green revolution (also known as the “Third Agricultural Revolution”), and vaccines are each credited with saving 1 billion lives.
-
What is the meaning of heros?

1. A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life: soldiers and nurses who were heroes in an unpopular war.

2. A person noted for special achievement in a particular field: the heroes of medicine.
-
What is the hero of a story?

There are three types of protagonists: heroes, anti-heroes, and villain protagonists. A hero is someone we can all relate to, and his downfall will fill us with pity and fear. The hero is the “good guy”—the type of virtuous protagonist the audience roots for and wants to succeed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(*) My thoughts relate to my Relative(s) - Hero's one and all. All served in the military and all are now gone. I would listen to their stories and how things were way back then and how they had to struggle thru poor times and wars. How they had to grow their own food and how Nana would fix or mend their cloths. Their struggle and stories made me proud of them and I learned many things from them - and I miss them "all" and their stories.
Those were my hero's - they came with nothing and built a life and Family and the men fought for our Country starting with WW1 thru WWII & Korea. As did my Brother and I did in VN - whom later died from AO. I feel my family are my Hero's - I'm but footnote telling you of my Hero's!
-
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote