The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2009, 07:23 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default It's all good

Finally I got a ruling back from the Va on My claim for CRSC for the PTSD. It was first denied as liking evidence to prove combat related. After re-submitting My DD214, awards, CIB,and unit of assignment they said yes it is combat related, and the CRSC is now approved. That's good news. One of the prerequisites was agent orange, or instrumentals of combat.?? Why They denied the original claim in June is beyond Me. The type II diabetes
as a result of agent orange was no problem. At any rate this is a plus for Me.
Thanks for all of Your support :O)
Old 10-24-2009, 07:47 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Arrow

That's good news Topp. As my friend and brother DMZ-LT told me once "Keep movin'"!

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:47 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Topp Gee

Great news! CRSC spells Success!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 10-25-2009, 07:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Topp

That's great news my friend!

Keep plugging and stay healthy!

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:45 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Guys:
I really have to say I even slept better last night knowing that finally something is in My favor. When I talked to a CRSC "rep" last week She said yes We have made a decision on Your case but however, (there goes that word again) and also thinking "BOHICA" She said You sholuld get a decision letter in the next few days. These last days was stressful as always I think the worse, and never the positive. So this was a great relief when I got this news.
Yep! LT "keep on moving" again it is "ALL GOOD"!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 10:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Congrats !!! So where do you stand with everything now ? As I told you before, the VA, SSA, and all, will low ball or disallow anyone's claim the first go around no matter how worthy their clam is. Watching ex-SSA employees admit this on a 60 Minute show was disgisting to say the least...It totally sucks, but is the way they do business.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:15 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Not sure at this point. I've requested an increase for the ptsd. So I have a C & P exam on 3 Nov. It will consist of 2 parts. 1. Psychology screening at the psychology clinic. 8:30 til
9:30, and part 2. A psychology testing 10:00 til 11:00. This is not what happened at the original C & P exam. Only answered a bunch of questions that was asked by the VA's psychiatrist. I'll keep You informed.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:44 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

It's all good. Finished My C&P, was able to state wverything on My mind without a lot of interruptions. Not like the last psychiatrist that kept getting off the subject. One highlight of this interview was the dustoffs, and the gries for medics. As I told Him if anyone should not have to prve a stressor is the combat medics. As I explained the horrible encounters, I could actually detect a state of emotion from a Psychologist, and His eyes actually got a litte teary as I was explainning some of the actions of the medics in combat. I think it went very well, to include the written (test portion) He accepted several pieces of evidence tp include in His report to include the deployment of My sons to Iraq, and how I explained that the Youngest came back to Ft. Hood, with
PTSD symptoms, suicidal tendances, and how He took an overdose of pain killers in front of the 4th ID Iraq memorial wall where the name of His commander (kia 20 Nov.) was located. He said all of these things is very important. Seems He had two pages for His report. I really think He wants to do the right thing concerning My case. Glad this portion is over, now I will wait it out. I'll be in touch.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:23 PM

Topp,

That does indeed sound good.

Robert