Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2020, 03:27 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation One Man-One Vote-One God & One Nation

12-19-2020

(more personal opinions)

They say that every journey of a thousand miles is begun with but a single step.

Unfortunately, however, and as our race of beings are only human, we too often misstep!

And as such, those who claim otherwise are either ‘DEMIGODS’, or ‘DAMNABLE LIARS’ – and so it often is! –“And the last time that I looked, we humans had an absolute shortage of demigods!”

Mankind is a funny race, however, as all throughout our brief tenure upon “This Tiny Little Planet Earth”, there have emerged individuals who (even if they will not admit to it), have generally considered themselves to be a cut above all of the rest! As a matter of fact, “This Equality Business” has, at times within our relatively brief history, been a great concept, and one that (as a matter of fact), has firmly entwines itself around virtually every avenue of “Our Truly Great Republic”, but does absolute equality really exist?

Was There No Wars, No Slums, No Destitution, No Dungeons, No Inequity And No Poverty At All And This Within The Entire Scope Of All Of Human Existence?

We do, however, reside within a society of some distant hope and promise and for as long as “We can continue to progress” and mankind can continue to dream and to create -

“WE CAN AND WE WILL, CONTINUE TO ACHIEVE AND TO THRIVE!!”

Hardcore
Old 12-20-2020, 05:39 AM

Angry The Learning Opportunities Hiding in Our Failures

The Learning Opportunities Hiding in Our Failures
By: Psychological Science News
Re: https://www.psychologicalscience.org...-failures.html

TAGS:
FAILURE - LEARNING - SOCIAL BEHAVIOR - SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY

Successes enjoy more attention than failures. We celebrate stories of triumph, and pore over them to extract the reasons why things went so well. Industries package the lessons and share them as tips for ‘best practice’, while after-dinner speakers regale their audiences with the steps they took to glory. By contrast, if they’re not buried completely, failures, and those who perpetrate them, are more often seen as sources of shame or ignominy.

Yet it is often the errors, missteps and outright flops that contain more useful practical information on how to do things better, if only we were more willing to share and study them. That’s according to Ayelet Fishbach and Lauren Eskreis-Winkler, psychologists at the Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago.

The pair believe that we often fail to learn sufficiently from when things go wrong. “Take bad business decisions, which we make because we don’t learn from others’ and our own failures. We similarly often ignore signs that our relationships aren’t going well or that our boss is unpleased with our performance. We don’t code [pay attention to] failures and don’t bother to learn the lesson for how to succeed,” says Fishbach.

Reluctance to share

Previous research had already exposed our unhelpful aversion to information about ongoing or future failure – a problem dubbed ‘the ostrich effect’ by University of Sheffield psychologist Thomas Webb and his colleagues. Whether we’re trying a new fitness regime, building a company website or planning for a looming pandemic, the human inclination is to put our heads in the sand once we’ve embarked on our path. Rather than monitoring our progress to check if we’ve gone off track, we grit our teeth, continue and hope for the best.

We also tend to neglect imagining what might go wrong when we look ahead toward attaining a goal, as research by psychologist Gabriele Oettingen at New York University and the University of Hamburg has shown. Yet when people are prompted to engage in ‘mental contrasting’ – anticipating the obstacles along the way to attaining their goal – they are more likely to persevere and succeed in their aims.

Now Eskreis-Winkler and Fishbach have added to this literature by focusing on our reluctance to pay attention to failures – both our own and others – after they’ve happened. In their recent paper, the researchers asked dozens of teachers to recall a specific time they’d been successful at work and a specific time that they’d failed. When they asked the teachers which story they’d choose to share to help other teachers, nearly 70% opted to share their success rather than their failure.

The same thing happened when they asked hundreds of online volunteers to think of times they’d succeeded at staying focused at work, and then of times they’d failed and become distracted. The majority were more reluctant to share their focusing failures than successes. The aversion to sharing failures remained true even when the researchers asked the volunteers to share with their ‘future selves’, suggesting there is more to this bias than wanting to make a good impression on strangers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's another:

Overview of Social Cognitive Theory and of Self-Efficacy
By: Frank Pajares Emory University
Re: https://www.uky.edu/~eushe2/Pajares/eff.html

To long to post but it relates to human factors
Such as; Behavior - Congitive, Affective and Bilological Evens and Enironemental Factors

As good read and points our many reasons why human do what they do in life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal Note: Nobody is absolutely the same. We are fortunate to have our own thoughts and freedom to state what's on our minds.
We always want to blame others for their aggressions or acts - and yet some need direction by others as they can't do it themselves.
-
Reasoning today - with our world actions and the fast pace of information being transmitted - it has impacted each and everyone one of us almost hourly it seems.
What do we believe - and how do we interrupt what we are hearing - and how does it impact our thinking about each subject - at time it tends to overload our ability to comprehend - especially when we don't have any control over what we are hearing.

We are like cattle being led to a slaughter at times and that impacts (or often times instills fear into) our society.

Is Manifest Destiny good or bad?

Manifest Destiny was what Americans believed they were meant to do. Other historians view Manifest Destiny as an excuse to be selfish. They believe that it was an excuse Americans used to allow them to push their culture and beliefs on everyone in North America.

or;

Why was Manifest Destiny bad? or was it?

There were also negative effects of Manifest Destiny. This idea that it was their destiny to expand caused Americans to disregard the territorial rights of Native Americans, wiping out many tribes and causing a cultural divide, tension and wars.

I'm am an American - Born and raised here - I served my Country without a draft calling.

I married - have children and grand-children - and yet things have changed a lot in my 74 years of life. Things that I had no control over - or let's say things - that I let others control over me. I'm my own worst enemy at times. I've made error's - that I have to live with - but it was my choice. So yes - you can say I'm imperfect. I have faults. I make mistakes. But who doesn't? We all make mistakes (at all level's of our life). Government's make mistakes - but these impact their People - and yet they never blame themselves for their deeds. "We the People" put these folks in office only to watch their promises degrade into - issues that impact on our entire society.
-
In closing - it brings to mind the old adage whereas "too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the broth". You've heard this - now apply that statement to our Government in all Branches of Office. Congress is the worst of them all - as they are so divided in their many issues - and separate themselves in accordance to party affiliations. We have plenty of old wood in office - that harbors old school learning - and carries their bitterness with them into the chamber's - to often times counter good ideas.

Hence we come to compromise which leads to alterations - to which the original concept now has little meaning afterwards. A Government of the People - For the People - my ass - its party interest first - people last! This is how I've seen it operate - I don't know about you guys - but I've hated politics all my life - because of their inability to get things done (resulting in broken promises as usual). Everything is always amended to along fit party lines.
-
Today Congress is old wood - with old ideas - who can't move beyond the issues of the current everyday needs or look towards the future. And what we pay them for their so-called services - falls far short of what all American's gain.
-
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote