The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2003, 04:46 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Red face Trading One Master For Another

:cd: ?INTRIGUE? is, and always will be, the name of the game in the Middle East! Turkey seems willing to let us use bases in their nation, in exchange for allowing them to station an occupying force in Iraq, after (of course) we clear the road for them?

The Kurds in Northern Iraq, however, don?t seem too hot about this idea (according to the media), as they fear that Turkey will gobble them up on one side, while Iran chews up Iraq from the other!? In the end, some Kurds feel that they will merely be trading one master for another?

This mess kind of reminds me of Europe during World War II. The Nazis swallowed up huge chunks of the continent from one direction, while the Commies gnawed upon the rest from the other! ?The end result was a Cold War that lasted over a half century!?

Granted, we need the Turkish bases, especially since some of our Allies seem to be chickening-out of ?Round 2 In The Gulf!? However, and history will attest to this, today?s allies often turn into tomorrow?s foes, and vice-versa. And a temporary fix that buys naught but a few years, is no fix at all, as we learned after the Iraqi surrender in 1991!

?So where do we go from here - hell if I know, how about you??

VERITAS

Old 02-07-2003, 05:09 PM

Dittos on the "hell if I know!!" Sorry i couldn't be more helpful!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 07:18 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

HC...Not sure, but i do know that I never want to go a round or two with the Turks. Anyone else from that region does not bother me much. Heard my father tell too many stories about the Turks from Korea, those guys invented the "Bad" complex.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote