The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2010, 12:27 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking BG McSoulpatch arrested by FBI

BG McSoulpatch arrested by FBI

Remember him? Well, our friends at ABC 13 in Houston have some news for us.
Michael Patrick McManus was arrested Friday night after a federal judge signed a warrant for his arrest. The FBI says he was arrested without incident.
A blog reads like an old time wanted poster: Wanted for stolen valor. Do you know this man? Reward.
The FBI now identifies the man in the picture as Michael Patrick McManus. We tracked McManus to an address in Houston where we attempted to get his side of this story on at least five occasions. A man who answered the door the first time claimed the man in the picture wasn't him.

However on another visit, another man at the house told us the man in the picture has lived at the address. Neighbors said he sure looks like the guy in the picture.

"He was always kind of strange," said one neighbor.

The pictures ignited a flurry of bloggers attempting to figure out who was parading around town as this highly-decorated war hero. They pushed to expose what they see as improper and illegal, saying "the violations of uniform regs are legion" and "This is illegal as per the Stolen Valor Act and this guy needs to go to jail. This has been a cancer for a long time, but with the internet we can do what other generations could not."
McManus is now in federal custody charged with stolen valor. He is scheduled to appear in court first thing Monday morning. The Army is also investigating this incident.
This was a Joint operation between milbloggers, the traditional media, POWNet, the FBI, and mostly you - the readers of milblogs.

Thank you for helping bring this guy in.

...one last note as I stick out my bottom lip like a 4-yr old; that "quote from a blogger" that is, ahem, unidentified - yea -
that's me.

No luv for 'ole Sal ... again.... but the blog did get a little facetime on the video .... but that is just being petty on my part, again.

Bravo Zulu to all involved.

http://cdrsalamander.blogspot.com/20...ed-by-fbi.html

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2010, 11:46 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Geez! The SOB wears more medals than a French general.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I say, old chap!

Show a little respect, why don't you?

Can't you see he is a Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire.?

Steve / 82Rigger
Old 02-07-2010, 07:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

That's SIR General McSoulpatch to you!
Old 02-07-2010, 10:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

This is almost funny. With all those medals, looks more like a Russian General from the Cold War days. He over did it. Can't believe he had so many medals on. WOW the only one he missed was the congressional medal of honor.

I want to hear his explanation, that should be good. Hope they throw the book at him.

Keith
Old 02-08-2010, 06:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Although the photo above doesn't show it, another one clearly shows that he's posing as a brigadier general. Maybe it's just me, but I never saw a BG who was (1) this young, (2) had this much facial hair, especially that which is unauthorized, (3) wore awards like the medallions he displayed, when in fact his youth would have prevented those types of assignments. It is my firm desire that this POS be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and then that the Houston mayor's office be severely scolded for allowing this POS to be at their party.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-08-2010, 10:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I say

somebody get a rope!

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Gimpy

Perhaps the reason he wasn't detected at the mayor's ball is that there were too many "light-in-the-loafers" type prancing around, celebrating the first openly homosexual mayor in Houston's sad history, instead of the audience consisting of real men. I'll bet you didn't get an invitation either, did you?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-08-2010, 02:53 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperScout View Post
Perhaps the reason he wasn't detected at the mayor's ball is that there were too many "light-in-the-loafers" type prancing around, celebrating the first openly homosexual mayor in Houston's sad history, instead of the audience consisting of real men. I'll bet you didn't get an invitation either, did you?
Nope----------I sure didn't!

Didn't GET one, Didn't Want one............and anyone who had the audacity to "invite" this POS should be in the same JAIL CELL with him!

Cryin damn shame that a piece of crap like this is able to even purchase the medals and awards he so blantantly chose to dis-honor!

The "penalties" for doing what this $hithead did should be re-visited and made MUCH MORE severe than they currently are. A twenty year sentence (or MORE) would go a long way in deterring this type behavior!

Makes me want to PUKE!

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Well with a limp wrist his defence will probaly be he was undercover special ops with the don't ask don't tell division. notice you only see the top part of his uniform the bottom was a tu tu