Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-29-2004, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Timeline, February 4th

SECOND INDOCHINA WAR:
February 4, 1962 (30th day of the 12th month, Year of the Ox [Tan Suu]): ARVN troops recapture the village of Hung My at the southern tip of the Ca Mau peninsula in IV Corps.

February 4, 1966 (15th day of the 1st month, Year of the Horse [Binh Ngo]) (US Counteroffensive): Operation Double Eagle I update.

February 4, 1966 (15th day of the 1st month, Year of the Horse [Binh Ngo]) (US Counteroffensive): Operation Masher update.

February 4, 1967 (25th day of the 12th month, Year of the Horse [Binh Ngo]) (US Counteroffensive Phase II): A memorial ceremony for WO Michael N. Coryell and his crew is held at the 155th AHC's installation on the northwest side of Ban Me Thuot City Airfield which was designated as Camp Coryell.

February 4, 1968 (7th day of the first month, Year of the Monkey [Mau Than])(US Tet Counteroffensive): Tet-68 update in Ban Me Thuot, Kontum City and Marble Mountain. In Hue City, the US Marines of 3rd Platoon, Company A, 1st of the 1st, are pinned down in the schoolyard of St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church. Their commander, "Sergeant G," orders them to stay out of the line of fire while he goes on ahead to try to find a way to move them.

February 4, 1968 (7th day of the first month, Year of the Monkey [Mau Than]) (US Counteroffensive Phase III)(PSS)

THIRD INDOCHINA WAR - OTHER:
February 3, 1977 (17th day of the 12th month, Year of the Dragon [Binh Thin]): Western embassies in Vientiane are asked by Laos to reduce their staffs by 50%; the Lao suspect the embassies are aiding dissidents, who are harassing the Communist regime.(TVW)

February 1983 (late Year of the Dog [Nham Tuat]/early Year of the Boar [Quy Hoi]): A US POW/MIA technical team visits Laos for the first time since the war's end. (TVW)

POSTBELLUM:
February 3, 1994 (24th day of the 12th month, Year of the Rooster [Quy Dau]): President Clinton's announcement that the 19-year trade embargo with Vietnam is ending prompts the UN to begin phasing out its emergency assistance to Vietnam boat people.(TVW).
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links