Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2018, 10:42 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question The Career Bureaucrat

8-6-2018

(opinions)

They know not why, and they rarely even know how and outside of constantly passing the buck (or forever blaming others for their own redundant screw-ups), this is usually where the bureaucrat’s expertise ends!

“This is not, of course, the way that it was meant to be, nor is it the way that it should be!” Rather, it is just the way that it is, and the way that it will continue to remain, for at least as long as power and ego means far more to a society than actual ability or unselfish dedication!

And akin to the fictional Nosferatu (Dracula), staring blankly into the reflection less and blood-stained mirrors of time and space, many a bureaucrat also sees only that which it wants to see, and this - only when they are redundantly programmed to do so!

“UNFORTUNATELY HOWEVER, AND AS HISTORY WILL SO OFTEN ATTEST -
THE TRUTH HAS ALSO GOTTEN SOME PATRIOTS IN REALLY HOT WATER?”

Hardcore
Old 08-06-2018, 12:00 PM

HC - looks like you put another nail in the coffin - facts are what they are. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

1. "The Democrats are the party of government activism, the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller, and get the chickweed out of your lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then get elected and prove it."

2. "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies."

3. "Politics, noun. A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage."

4. “The enemy isn’t conservatism. The enemy isn’t liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t."

5. "Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."

6. "Vote: the instrument and symbol of a freeman's power to make a fool of himself and a wreck of his country."

7. "Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke."

8. "He can't help it. He was born with a silver foot in his mouth."

9. "I've looked on many women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times. God knows I will do this and forgives me."

10. Practical politics consists in ignoring facts. Henry Adams 1883-1918

11. I have come to the conclusion that politics are too serious a matter to be left to the politicians. Charles de Gaulle 1890-1970

12. Never murder a man who is committing suicide. Wilson's Law

13. Politics is perhaps the only profession for which no preparation is thought necessary.
Robert Louis Stevenson - 1850-1894

14. Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule – and both commonly succeed, and are right.
H.L. Mencken 1880 - 1956

15. He knows nothing and thinks he knows everything; that points clearly to a political career. George Bernard Shaw 1856 - 1950

16. The word ‘politics’ is derived from the word ‘poly’, meaning ‘many’, and the word ‘ticks’, meaning ‘blood sucking parasites.’

17. Crime does not pay… as well as politics. Alfred E. Neuman

18. Define Politics: Where people work hard to get a job and do nothing after they get it.

19. I have learned the difference between a cactus and a caucus; on a cactus, the pricks are on the outside. Morris Udall

20. The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post "Thou shalt not steal," "Thou shalt not commit adultery," and "Thou shalt not lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment. George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (I liked his work)

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote