The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Veterans > Veterans Memorials

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2004, 04:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62
Default USS Independence Ship passed on...

I recieved a sad email from Denis Bagley today. I'm sad to
report that our Reunion Secretary Mike Gary has passed away
suddenly last evening, Sat-3-27. Mike and his Wife Linda were active in our reunions. Thier hard work has always made our hospitailty room a big success. Mikes' work on the board will be sorely missed.
Mike was a YNCS on board INDY from 62-64. I didn't know Mike
all to well, but Im sure we'll hear from those that did. In the mean time your condolences can be sent to:

Mrs. Linda Gary
11465 Savannah PL.
Gulfport, MS 39503

Carl Mottern, HS-15, Yahoo Indy Group Owner

Obituaries
Michael J. Gary Jr., Gulfport Florida

Michael J. Gary, Jr., 62, of Gulfport died March 28, 2004 in Gulfport. Mr. Gary had been a resident of the Coast for 2 years. He was a member of the North Jackson Lodge #620 A&FM, former
member of Scottish Rite & Wahabi Temple in Jackson, MS, secretary of the Gulf Coast Sportsman Club, and President of the Gulf Coast Nomads Chapter of Good Sams. Mr. Gary was retired as a Chief Petty Officer from the United States Navy. He served as secretary for the USS Independence CV62 Reunion Committee, was Vice Commander of the Redfish Base USSVI, and was a member of the VFW Toxie Stapleton Post in Jackson, MS
Mr. Gary was preceded in death by his mother Veronica L. Gary
and daughter Patricia Lynn Gary.
He is survived by his wife Lynda F. Gary; daughter Christine Gary-Hill: granddaughter Sarah Frances Hill all of Gulfport: his father
Michael J. Gary, Sr. of Rescue, CA: brother Donald F. Garafano of Rescue, CA: and sister Joan E. Stanton of Pleasant Hills,CA.

Services were held Thursday, April 1, 2004 at Westminster
Presbyterian Church in Gulfport. Interment is in Cedar Lawn Cemetery in Jackson, MS. The family request memorials to the
American Lung Association of MS, P.O. Box 9865, Jackson, MS 39286 or Joppa Shriners Hospital Transportation Fund, 13280 Hwy 67, Biloxi, MS 39532
Bradford-O'Keefe Funeral Home, O'Neal Road was in charge of arrangements.

Senior Chief, we'll see you on the final cruise and properly assume the watch. Good bye for now, Shipmate.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2004, 04:19 PM

Hawk,
When you send your condolences please convey ours as well. We didn't know him at all but he was family all the same.

Sincerely,
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 04-07-2004, 06:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Wilco, DL.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown