The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Navy

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2004, 02:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62
Default All Hands On Deck!

Can we kindly get some chatter going here?

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2004, 03:31 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Ok sparrow hawk 62 how about what was your Favotite port of call or R&R center while you were overseas. I'll start by saying mine was Kowshung Tiawan greatest hell hole in the pacific. Very cheap drinks and cheaper women a real sailors town. You could have the time of your life for under ten bucks U.S.
Old 02-23-2004, 04:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

The best port of call was Perth West Australia. What a great country and we were welcomed there. Cleanest city I have ever been in.

The port of call I liked the best, St. Thomas US Virgin Islands.
Cheap rum, great snorkling-swimming-boating, Cuban Cigars.

The most fun in any port, Naples Italy. Rented a Fiat 125 and drove all over the country. Only part that was tough was paying for gas! Can't remember what it cost but it was outrageous. Food, and pastry were fantastic!

Worst, Mauritius. Small Island off the east coast of Africa. Poverty ridden country, it was sad to see the way people lived here. A lot of guys got rolled here, was not the best for swimming due to the huge sharks.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 02-24-2004, 08:40 AM

SH,

So you are now a Shellback ?!?

I crossed in 1966 .

Went to Sydney, not to bad.

The best port I liked was Subic Bay and Alongapo City. Manila wasnt to bad either, but to far.

enough.........
Old 02-24-2004, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by reeb SH,
So you are now a Shellback ?!?
I crossed in 1966 .
Went to Sydney, not to bad.
The best port I liked was Subic Bay and Alongapo City. Manila wasnt to bad either, but to far.
enough.........
Ah Reeb, you are now going to confuse the sand crawling polly wogs! Yes, I am a Trusty Shellback!

Old 02-24-2004, 11:53 AM

SH,

We have ALOT of Shellbacks on here. Even had a thread going on about it about a year ago.

enough.......
Old 02-24-2004, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by reeb SH,
We have ALOT of Shellbacks on here. Even had a thread going on about it about a year ago.
enough.......
Funny, I'd think there were enough of us Sailors here to have one for a mod at this forum? How'd we'd wind up with an Army Guy?? Only thing they know about water is it makes mud!

Old 03-01-2004, 11:52 AM

I'ved tried but none of my message get logged onto the threads.
Dave is working on it for me but I don't know what's going on??

http://www.subicbaypi.com/index.htm

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 03-01-2004, 12:11 PM

Boats;

THANKS FOR THE SITE !!!!

I was in Subic on board ship in 65/66 but on land at Sangley Point.

enough...........
Old 03-01-2004, 03:45 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Our sailor, also a shellback and a plankowner, started today in the desert.

He's teaching small arms in Fallon, NV.