The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Navy

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2004, 02:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

www.midway.org

Join us on Thursday, November 11, 2004, during special museum hours

Midway will open an hour early at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, November 11th in honor of Veterans Day. Arrive early as N. Harbor Drive will be closed from approximately 9 a.m. to 12 noon for the Veterans Day Parade! Catch a bird's eye view of the parade from Midway's flight deck.

Also, Midway will be hosting a special ceremony when approximately 75 men and women serving in the military will be sworn in as U.S. citizens. The ceremony will begin at 9 a.m. on Midway's flight deck.

From 1 p.m.-4 p.m.that day, The Mighty 1090?s John Fricke and John ?Coach? Kentera will be broadcasting live from Midway?s hangar deck.

Preparing your gift list for the Holidays? How about a year of experiences aboard the USS Midway?

Register your friend, associate or loved one for our annual membership online at www.midway.org:

Step 1: List the recipient's name under the membership information

Step 2 Select the level of membership

Step 3 Click on submit

Step 4 Enter your information on page two along with your credit card payment information

The card will be mailed in 5-7 days

Any questions? Contact our membership department at 619-544-9600 x229.

San Diego Aircraft Carrier Museum

910 North Harbor Drive

San Diego, CA 92101

619-544-9600

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2004, 03:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

We value not only your support but your opinion, too! So we have developed a confidential survey so you can be heard as we continue to build out Midway in the future. Please click (or "cut and paste") this link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=32064646454

Completion will only take a couple of minutes and you'll be making another valuable contribution to the Magic of Midway. And, again, thank you for being a part of the Midway family!

Theresa Randall
Membership Director
619-544-9600 x229
fax-544-9188
910 North Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
trandall@midway.org
http://www.midway.org/

================================================== =======================

Join us on Thursday, November 11, 2004, during special museum hours

Midway will open an hour early at 9 a.m. on Thursday, November 11th in honor of Veterans Day. Arrive early as N. Harbor Drive will be closed from approximately 9 a.m. to 12 noon for the Veterans Day Parade! Catch a bird's eye view of the parade from Midway's flight deck.

Also, Midway will be hosting a special ceremony when approximately 75 men and women serving in the military will be sworn in as U.S. citizens. The ceremony will begin at 9 a.m. on Midway's flight deck.

From 1 p.m.-4 p.m.that day, The Mighty 1090?s John Fricke and John ?Coach? Kentera will be broadcasting live from Midway?s hangar deck.

Preparing your gift list for the Holidays? How about a year of experiences aboard the USS Midway?

Register your friend, associate or loved one for our annual membership online at www.midway.org:

Step 1 Click on "Join Us"

Step 2 List the recipient's name under the membership information

Step 3 Select the level of membership

Step 4 Click on submit

Step 5 Enter your information on page two along with your credit card payment information

The card will be mailed in 5-7 days

Any questions? Contact our membership department at 619-544-9600 x229 or email trandall@midway.org

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 11-17-2004, 09:58 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Is the Midway docked in San Diego. Would love to visit her.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
Old 12-11-2004, 01:13 PM

www.midway.org

Preparing your gift list for the Holidays?How about a year of experiences aboard the USS Midway?

Click on "Join the Midway, more information" and then "Become a Member":

Next, list the recipient's name under the membership information

Select the level of membership, Click on submit

Enter your information on page two along with your credit card payment information. A confirmation will be sent to the email address given..

The membership card will be mailed in 5-7 days

Any questions?Contact our membership department at 619-544-9600 x229

Interested in something from our museum store? You can reach the gift shop at 619-544-9600 x244

Theresa Randall
Membership Director
619-544-9600 x229
fax-544-9188
910 North Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
trandall@midway.org
http://www.midway.org/

Old 12-13-2004, 03:25 PM

Join us New Year's Eve for dinner and dancing aboard Midway. Tickets available at www.peartreescatering.com

Brief Description: Fill Your New Year?s Eve With Magic Aboard The Midway Aircraft Carrier. Permanently Docked At The Navy Pier, The Midway Is The Most Exciting Venue Downtown.
Enjoy Views Of The Bay, And Sip Champagne While Watching The City Lights From The Flight Deck. Extravagant Dinner Stations Prepared By Award Winning Peartrees Catering.
Prices: Individual Tickets ($185 per ticket)

Purchase a Table (10 Seats): $1,850.00
www.peartreescatering.com

Online Reg. Closes: December 28, 2004 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Seating Preference: If you would like to sit with a group, please purchase your tickets together, in order to be placed at the same table.
Cancellation Policy: $15 charge per ticket for refunds before December 1, 2004. No refunds after December 1, 2004.

Please reply to request a PDF version of the event flyer.

www.midway.org

Old 01-08-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Join Us for Dancing Aboard Midway

Almost Spring Fling An Evening of Dancing Aboard USS Midway

March 5, 2005
8:00 PM ? 11:00 PM
$35 per person

Live Music Provided By Wayne Foster Entertainment

Hosted Bar & Light Hors D?oeuvres

Midway will play host to hundreds of partygoers dancing to the energetic rhythms of Wayne Foster Entertainment. Attendees can get down on the large dance floor. Cocktail attire encouraged.

Tickets can be order online at http://midway.kintera.org/March5dance

If you'd prefer to order your tickets by mail, please reply to this email to request a mail order form.

Old 01-31-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Almost Spring Fling

Subj: Join Us for Dancing Aboard Midway
Date: 1/31/05 1:40:37 PM Eastern Standard Time
Reply-to: Trandall@midway.org

http://midway.kintera.org/March5dance

Almost Spring Fling

An Evening of Dancing

Aboard USS Midway

March 5, 2005
8:00 PM ? 11:00 PM
$35 per person

Live Music Provided By Wayne Foster Entertainment

Hosted Bar & Light Hors D?oeuvres

Midway will play host to hundreds of partygoers dancing to the energetic rhythms of Wayne Foster Entertainment. Attendees can get down on the large dance floor. Cocktail attire encouraged.

Tickets can be order online at http://midway.kintera.org/March5dance

If you'd prefer to order your tickets by mail, please reply to this email to request a mail order form.

Old 02-01-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Midway Magic Feb 2005 Update

Subj: Midway Magic Feb 2005 Update
Date: 2/1/05 259 PM Eastern Standard Time

www.midway.org

Midway has been open for over 8 months. We have welcomed aboard visitors from all over the world. Our visitors especially enjoy the audio tours of the ship's main exhibits and the collection of aircraft gracing our flight deck and hangar bays. Museum designers are hard at work to get new exhibits ready for public access later this spring including additional spaces in the berthing compartments and a tour of one of the engine rooms.

Midway Magic continues to spread across the region. News agencies from across the country have reported on our uniqueness as a special events venue, taken behind-the-scenes tours, and conducted a myriad of interviews. All that excitement has been rewarding for the fledgling museum with over 9,800 annual members joining the museum. If you are not already a member you can join now to receive our quarterly newsletter, admission for you and a guest, along with discounts at our museum store and the Fantail Cafe. Go to www.midway.org and click on "join Midway".

Interested in hosting your service group or car club aboard Midway? We now have limited space available for group tours and luncheons. Please reply to this email for an information package. Or to learn more about special events aboard Midway, visit www.midway.org and click on "group events"

We look forward to welcoming you aboard!

Theresa Randall
Membership Director
619-544-9600 x229

910 North Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscf0110.jpg (298.7 KB, 36 views)

Old 03-22-2005, 07:02 AM

Default March 2005 Update.

www.midway.org

The aircraft carrier USS Midway is welcoming visitors from across the country and around the world. Folks young and old alike sharing the experience of "a city at sea," taking in the view of San Diego Bay from the flight deck, and coming away with a new appreciation of devotion and dedication to serving one's country. Museum visitors especially enjoy the audio tours of the ship's main exhibits and the collection of fifteen aircraft gracing our flight deck and hangar bays. News agencies from across the country have covered our first months of operations with live broadcast, behind-the-scenes tours, and a myriad of interviews .

NEW EXHIBITS

We recently opened Engine Room #3. Museum designers are hard at work to get new exhibits ready for public access later this spring including additional spaces on the mess decks and exhibits on the main deck. Our collections manager is seeking medical equipment and stories as the displays in Sick Bay and the Dental offices are developed. You can contact Dave Hanson at dhanson@midway.org

Having Fun Aboard Midway???

We are working to improve your experience aboard Midway. Please answer our poll question regarding our food service. Click here http://midway.kintera.org/ email me your comments on how we could improve your next visit at trandall@midway.org .

KUDOS TO OUR VOLUNTEERS

A project like this does not enjoy the level of success we have reached without the dedication of a great group of volunteers. We have hundreds of individuals who have offered their time and talents to this project. Our volunteer program continues to grow. You can volunteer online at www.midway.org . Or contact Lori Switzer at lswitzer@midway.org or 619-544-9600 x222

GROUP LUNCHEON SPACE AVAILABLE

Interested in hosting your service group or car club aboard Midway? We have limited space available for group tours and luncheons. To learn more about special events aboard Midway email dbarrios@midway.org and visit www.midway.org and click on "group events"

For additional information on the Museum, please visit our website at www.midway.org

The San Diego Aircraft Carrier Museum is a registered 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization.
Attached Images
File Type: png vets15edited.png (495.7 KB, 76 views)

Old 03-22-2005, 08:43 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Sparrow my wife is on her spring break from school, maybe we'll take a trip to San Diego, and see the Midway, let me know where she is berthed.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).