Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2004, 09:37 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Open Letter To Military Order Of Purple Heart

Mr. Lichtenberger -

[Bob Lichtenberger - National Commander, MOPH]

I am the niece of Cpl. Melvin H. Morgan - a Prisoner of War who died of starvation and beating in the Tiger Camp during the Korean War . My uncle was only 20 years old and died on December 6, 1950.

I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE MILITARY ORDER OF THE PURPLE HEART ORIGINATION FOR THEIR LACK OF SUPPORT FOR HR 4425 [HONORING OUR FALLEN PRISONERS OF WAR ACT]!

ANY PRISONER OF WAR WHO DIED IN CAPTIVITY FOR ANY REASON SHOULD RECEIVE THE PURPLE HEART BECAUSE THEY DIED WHILE FIGHTING FOR THEIR COUNTRY. MAYBE NOT IN ACTUAL COMBAT BUT THEY WERE STILL FIGHTING THE ENEMY.

AGAIN I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT YOU PEOPLE LET YOUR EGOS AND ARCHAIC, SELF-SERVING MANDATES TAKE A FRONT SEAT TO YOUR PATRIOTISM! [IN MY OPINION]

I HOPE YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO FIGHT THE MILITARY ORDER OF THE PURPLE HEART ORIGINATION TO HELP PAST THIS BILL - HR 4425. YOU ARE IN THE POSITION TO HELP WILBERT [SHORTY] ESTABROOK AND ME [ BRENDA MORGAN TAVARES] AND CONGRESSMAN BOB FILNER IN PASSING THIS BILL.

YOU SAID THAT YOU WERE A FIGHTER BUT I DON'T SEE THAT YOU ARE FIGHTING FOR OUR PRISONERS OF WAR! HOW DISAPPOINTING THAT IS!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WILL BE TELLING EVERYONE WHO WAS A PRISONER OF WAR, THEIR RELATIVES, PURPLE HEART RECIPIENTS AND POST IT ON ALL WEBSITES THAT THE PURPLE HEART ORIGINATION IS NOT OUT FOR ANY VETERAN WITH THE PURPLE HEART AND THOSE WHO SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED THE PURPLE HEART WHEN THEY DIED IN A PRISONER OF WAR CAMP FOR ANY REASON!

MY DISGUST WILL BE MADE KNOW NOT ONLY NATIONWIDE BUT WORLDWIDE AND THRU THE MEDIA.

Brenda Morgan Tavares

PS: I will vehemently pursue this issue any way that I can to let the public just how soon some forget. No excuse for forget those who gave their all in Prisoner of War Camps is acceptable to me nor do I think that it will be acceptable to this nation's veterans, general public, nor the POWs themselves. I will ask therefore, that all Politicos who get copies of this let their position be know before election time.