The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2004, 01:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Cool SUNRISE

on the morning that we left. We pulled out before daylight, trying to get to a lower elevation before the next snow storm hit. It caught us about 20 miles out of Cedar City. Once again, was glad to have 4 wheel drive.
Old 01-01-2004, 02:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Angry DID IT AGAIN!

GEEZ!
Old 01-01-2004, 02:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up I HOPE

all of you had as beautiful a Christmas as Kath and I did, where ever it was. I also hope that the coming New Year is healthy, peaceful, and prosperous for every one of you. I'm looking forward to another year of the close friendships that I've made amongst you.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:31 AM
Doc.2/47

Absolutely fantastic pics.!You're a good man with a cammera.Thank you for shareing those bueatiful views.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:41 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default You funny G.I.

I have hunted deer for over 30 years, only the last 4 years have I just went to a harvest. I used to live in Illinois before Texas. Had lots of days like the ones in you photos, Thats one of the reasons I moved to Texas, They don't have days like that. We try to go sking every year, I think its the first part of Feb this year. Red River NM, Ulta, Park city Squa Valley, Deer Valley, Solitude, Brighton, Snowbird, Hevenly, kirkwood, Incline village, pick one , Skied them all, there all beutiful.
looks like you had a real good time, You should come with James to the crawfish thing in LA. this year, Some of the guys at work want to go, . I would tell them no, but that would just encourage them.

Ron
Old 01-01-2004, 09:22 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Tom

Thanks for sharing those gorgeous photos of your trip! Kinda like to look at snow, rather than shovel it! I notice that they're still misspelling that canyon!

Brice
Scouts Out!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 09:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Beautiful Tom

Congratulations ! Thirty-six years! You must be a nice guy! Or Kath is naive!

Susan and I started going steady 37 yrs ago on Dec 31, 1966. Didn't marry until July of 69. After I got out.

Wonderful pics. You can see the antlers on the buck. I'm sure glad Chris or Ron wasn't with you, it would have been venison and they'd been in jail.

Keith
Old 01-01-2004, 10:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking RON

Just had to tease ya, Bud. I thought of you and the other hunters on here as I came up on these guys. I haven't seen bucks bunched up like this too often. I haven't hunted for years, now. This is how I shoot 'em now when I get the chance. I eat the Hell out of 'em, though. Keep me in mind next year.

I've never downhill skied. I took up skiing in my early 30s after all of my hand surgeries were done. Mostly as physical therapy. This was in Spokane, WA. Discovered that I was pretty good at it and enjoyed it, so did it ever since. I even started doing some local races and, eventually, traveling to a few. Used to do a 30km [about 19.5 mi.] race in Kamloops, BC, Canada for several years. It was sponsored by Grand Marnier Liqours, so was quite a party afterwards. Used to do another 30K in Sun Valley, ID. Some of the refreshment stations out on the race course served wines and pizza, if you were so inclined. Not me. I always came to race. I never won a race, but usually finished in the top 10% of my age group. If I had done the race before, I would try to beat my previous time. I had alot of fun and met alot of good people skiing.

I've X-country skied from the Cascade Mountains of WA, to the White Mountains of NH, and many places in between over the years. We lived in UT for 5yrs. before moving back here, so skied all of the UT ski areas you mentioned that had x-c trails. Solitude was my favorite. Would like to try the new Olympic ski trails sometime.

This wasn't my first ski in Bryce Canyon NP. Been here a few times in the winter. I've also skied Glacier NP, Yellowstone NP, and Teton NP. Yellowstone was probably my favorite. Did it several times.

My family has a cabin at South Shore, Lake Tahoe so the next time you decide to ski CA, let me know, Bud. Like I said, I was never a Gravity Slave , so will sit in the lodge and check out the Snow Bunnies.

The Crawdad Festival. I'll have to play it by ear. We're commited to going to Japan this Fall to visit our son, so don't know about making any other prolonged trips this year. I'm just a working stiff, ya know . It would be fun, though.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:33 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Shirley and I went to Bryce Canyon about three years ago. It was in November so we too didn't have the tourists. We did the hike down into the canyon and back. I do some hiking but I thought I was very out of shape. Then I remembered the altitude. Congratulations on you anniversary.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:11 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Picture post card pictures Tom. Awesome views. Wow! What a wonderful place to spend a Christmas celebrating an anniversary. Congratulations to the two of you. My best again to you and your bride for the coming New Year it was nice hearing from you all last evening. LT and Lisa gave me a call a few nights before so I counted myself very blessed this holiday season to be able to hear the voices ofsuch preciousfriends.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."