Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Welcome home , sir ! n/t

n/t
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2002, 07:39 PM

Default GEEZE ARROW...

...I wuz hopin' the "other title" of "THREE KINGS" woulda caught on, but I guess the "Three Old Men With Cups" is more appropriate...!!! ;o)

As for the other Marine...in evening dress...it's my good friend Col Mike Malachowsky, who was at the time this flick was taken (maybe last June???), the CO, Recruit Training Regiment, MCRD, Parris Island, SC...his command was having a Mess Nite, and they had honored me as being their Guest of Honor...and I made sure it was truly a Joint Service Mess Nite...with Packo (Tom) as our "Army Rep," and my Daughter Beth (Cadet Major USAF ROTC) as our "Air Force Rep"...twas a very goooood nite!!! Ski is now the Deputy Commander of Marine Forces Korea.

Ackshully, looking over the flick again...we B Looooookin' Gooood!!!
Old 05-05-2002, 08:26 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

MARINEVET *giggle* it wasn't my fault sir! I swear!

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 05-05-2002, 08:53 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Peace

Amazingly, I have found some peace. It is when I realized that this was a night of great giving as well as taking and terror that I found some peace. The old brain is fried, I can only get so much better with that. But I actually can look back on that night with some fondness. God, the Salem PTSD program and talking to all you wonderful people has done this for me. Larry, I hope that you can find the paths of healing that I have found over the last couple of years. Just remember all programs are not the same and if you aren't getting what you need just keep on looking.
Old 05-06-2002, 07:13 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Larry I been wondering where you have been brother. Your Shelties are beautiful. Below is a website dealing with PTSD (the best I have found) it might be of some help to you. I believe the more information we have the more we know how to pray for our healing. When the mystery is taken out of the equation and you have knowledge then you begin to gain control again. We may never be completely healed until we exit this life but we may be able to laugh at the demon that has chased us for so many years. When you realize that your fear has a whole lot to with the response of the brain and the body to the memory and the events that our triggering you it is a whole lot easier to face down the demons that come at you in the middle of the night. Or blindside you at any given moment. Knowledge is power and when coupled with prayer it might just become a miracle. I'm glad you are back with us. We need you around here. sis

www.trauma-pages.com/index.htm

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 05-06-2002, 09:33 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool Great Pix

Arrow, what a great picture.

Now I'm not trying to be mean but the guy on the left, doesn't it seem like they may have designed the 7.62mm bullet using his head as a model?
The man in the center is fine, he's holding a cigar and a drink, I can relate to that.
Then there's the guy on the right. Look again at the expresion, notice he needs two hands to hold onto the canteen cup. A poster boy for the "Special Needs" people?

It's also interesting that all three have grown too tall for their hair. Is that a southern thing?

Stay healthy, Just kidding,
Andy
Old 05-06-2002, 12:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Actually,

The Col's nickname is "bullet head". I was still wondering how he got his name........thanks Andy. What I truly loved during MarineVets speech was he told the audience of officers...."Packo and I call him "bullet head", the rest of you call him SIR. Mike is also one of the nicest guys it's been my pleasure to meet.

That expression was caused by a drink called "Grog", martini's, wine, and lord knows what else. It was one of the best times I've ever had, and I got the mug, I mean engraved canteen cup, to prove it!

I do agree that I look like some sort of poster boy for the special olympics.....but the Marines MADE me do it!

I wanted to tiltle it "ONCE MORE INTO THE BREECH!", but somehow 3 old guys with cups got there first.

Sis, Deb and I hooted when we saw that picture....thanks for giving me a laugh! Thanks everyone else for being a friend.

Doc Fred, we'll talk buddy.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 05-06-2002, 06:44 PM

Default COL SKI GOT THE NICKNAME

"Bullet Head" from me. I have been his mentor over the years (his term...not mine) and have watched him grow into a superb Officer of Marines. While I have a "good bald head," Ski has a GR8 bald head...truly bullet-shaped...just started calling him that quite some years ago. Couple guys over the years I've called that, but Ski truly is THE Bullet Head of Bullet Heads!!!

NOW...as for Packo's BS about us making him do it...give me a friggin' break...he was leading the charge the entire nite!!! By the time this flick was taken, we were really doing quite well to be able to stand in formation (or sorts) at all...sure a good thing we had played golf earlier in the day 'cause I woulda been a hurtin' puppy tryin' t'play the next morning! It was a long drive home from the Island the next day, but what a great time we had.
Old 05-09-2002, 08:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Not just trying

to bring this to the top, but in re-reading just have to say to Larry and all others, what a great show of brotherhood and emotion ya'll laid on me and I love and respect all of you who answered and those that for whatever reason didn't or couldn't.

Larry, my dear dear friend, Doc Fred, Me, and a bunch of us have found the solice in getting the help we needed. There is no regret in my heart, only the pride of serving, and the chest swelling I feel everytime I get on this site and feel I'm hangin' with guys like you. Sis and the other ladies like Catena that are so much a part of US, I love you all dearly. Your all so much like my Deb........a trooper without Jump wings, but wings of Angels.

Larry, if you need help getting into Salem, Doc Fred's recommendation is all you need, but I'll be on the blower to the boys in my beloved state of VIRGINIA on your word. I may still carry some weight there, but you'd have to ask Doc Fred that. Mortarmen, what a great bunch who humped the real heavy stuff!

I'm sitting like a kid on Christmas eve awaiting arrival of 2 of the 3 greatest friends a man could ever have. Not that ya'll don't rate, just have known them for well over 20 years, 30 if you count the 3rd. Deb's fast asleep and I'm sipping Cognac while listening to Flight of the Intruder.

MARINEVET! Wayne, my dear brother. Your serious comments make me proud to be your friend, your joking brings me right back to the Golf and Grog we shared not long ago. I am down right happy and proud that my beloved ARMY awarded you with one of our honors. Tell "Bullet Head" that if he thought the last CG was an Asshole, he'd really dislike the new one. Told all the DI's in his meeting with them that, and I quote a few DI's I know, "I'm sorry I don't take much to the DI's, my whole exhistance is Recruiting and I make that my first priority as the CG of this Depot". (or something to that effect) Did not enamer himself to the troops.

Gotta get to the rack......work awaits in the morning, but if I foolishly left someone out, like Frisco, I appologize, but your all included!

Love ya'll....

Packo

Old 05-09-2002, 08:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default A big PS to David

Damn you work fast! See my colors and thank you from the very depts of my heart! Now, can you get rid of that damn Pukin' Buzzard I see on OTHERS posts. I mean, their Airmobile, NOT AIRBORNE!

Just kiddin'

Packman