The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2009, 06:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

It was the 12th support brigade at Ft Bragg with the 82AB I think. Hard to remember 40 years ago. So what forum is Ron airborne on?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2009, 07:36 PM

Guys,

Ron implies that he is Airborne, or at least has a photo of him in Khakis with Airborne regalia, in what he has sent out as "proof" that he is not a wannabee.

There are a lot of photos that are supposed to be of Ron in his "Proof." But I have prosopagnosia -- face blindness -- which prevents me from telling if the guy in one picture is the same guy in the next picture, so I am incapable of looking at the photos for inconsistencies. If one of you wants to review the photos for consistency to determine if they are the same guy, let me know and I will send the stuff to you for review.

By the way, my prosopagnosia can prevent me from telling if a guy is of Asian, European or African descent even when meeting them in person, so trying to tell if a guy in one picture is the same guy in another is impossible for me.

Robert
Old 10-22-2009, 07:45 PM

I am sure he will come back and say the photo is someone else and from some of the pictures I can make out, it appears that he is dark haired guy in the photo above the paratrooper. We will see how he repsonds on the History Channel.. I have the entire set of his post that he emailed me, so if anyone wants them, let me know..

Ron P
Old 10-23-2009, 02:48 PM

FYI guys,

The entire thread on M39 being a wannabe on the HC has been removed..does that guy have that kind of power?

Ron P.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Not surprised

It has nothing to do with "little ronniebee--the--wannabees" POWER.

He has none.

It has EVERYTHING to do with THC "policy" of posting and "reporting" so-called "violations" of their policy.

Any Tom--Dick--or Harry can "report" a post and have it removed over there!

For apparently no other reason than simply disagreeing with the "poster".

That place (THC) is about as FUBAR as it gets!

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:19 PM

As a crew member on the C-123 I take offense at it being compared to a C-130. We went where they couldn't although we could not haul as much.hehe Phu Bia did have an airfield. I don't remember what surface. We also landed at Dong Ha.

The only Americans we dropped in country were some SF guys out of Na Trang training Montengards (sp).

Just wanted to say thank to all you guys for doing what you did.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:41 PM

Hey Pete V,

Thanks right back at you! You guys in C-123s, along with the Hueys, C-130s and C-7As, were our lifeline to the outside world. Without you we would have not been able to do our job, or we would have simply perished.

I was on an SF A-Team located in Phouc Long Province, III CTZ. It was Detachment A-344 at Bunard. I know somewhere between little and nothing about aircraft, but I recall that the C-123 had a short ground run take-off, or whatever you fliers call it. That made it ideal for remote A-camps such as ours because we generally had short runways that were difficult to protect at times. Ours was actually long enough for C-130s, but some problems existed. A C-130 was lost at Bunard the year before I got there, and it was my understanding that it had something to do with the runway being too short. But I wasn't there so I can't say for sure.

Robert
Old 10-23-2009, 06:52 PM

Gimpy..said..

It has nothing to do with "little ronniebee--the--wannabees" POWER.

I guess I sent him packing when I told him I was going to have the stolen valor folks get his records. I am waiting to see if he posts anythingelse over there..
Old 10-24-2009, 01:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

If I recall, and if I am wrong please correct me, but Ron posted a DD214 some years back with a diffferent name on it, and said he changed his to his wife's or some such nonsense. We all gave him a pass. If someone can find that I would like to see it again. It looks damned weird in retrospect.

Larry
Old 10-24-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORTARDUDE View Post
If I recall, and if I am wrong please correct me, but Ron posted a DD214 some years back with a diffferent name on it, and said he changed his to his wife's or some such nonsense. We all gave him a pass. If someone can find that I would like to see it again. It looks damned weird in retrospect.

Larry
Gays,

Like Larry, I would like to see that DD-214 and other info on Ronnabee. I would like to do a Freedom Of Information Act request through Mary Schantag of the POW Network on Ronnabee so that the next time anyone finds out about him starting his BS an another forum we will already have the evidence in hand to go there and expose him. It helps to have full name, date of birth, service number, dates of service and such when making these requests. The more info the better.

Have I mentioned that I don't like Ronnabee the wannabee and his kind?

Robert