Name and Rank: Tech. Sgt. Joseph Reiter
Unit: 48th Operations Support Squadron
Duty Title: NCO in charge of Intelligence Analyst
Time in Service: 10 years
Time at Lakenheath: 5 years
Hometown: Port St. Lucie, Fla.
Hobbies: Traveling and playing chess
Core Value Portrayed: "Service Before Self"

How does the individual portray that core value?
Reiter has been on numerous deployments while stationed at RAF Lakenheath. He has been chosen to fill an officer billet in his upcoming deployment due to his leadership and experience. Even after the recent birth of his third child, Reiter understood the needs of the squadron and was willing to make the sacrifice and deploy in order to support the life-saving mission of the 56th Rescue Squadron.

Why is serving in the Air Force important to you?
The Air Force is a transformational organization. On the international stage, the Air Force has helped quell the rise of security threats, deliver critical humanitarian aid, and preserve human life. On the individual level, the Air Force has provided for my family, whether at home or deployed, and paid for 100 percent of my Community College of the Air Force and bachelor's degrees. It is the Air Force's ability to change and transform the lives it touches for the better, both within the organization and without, that is most meaningful to me.

What accomplishment during your Air Force career are you most proud of?
It is difficult to pinpoint a single accomplishment that I take the most pride in. On the operational front, my actions during my four deployments downrange have provided me a chance to make a small contribution to the Air Force's mission where it has been hottest. However, if I were to choose something that I am most proud of, I would have to say it would be the few occasions I have been able to help my Airmen win awards and achieve Senior Airman below-the-zone.

What are your personal and/or professional goals?
Professionally, I want to do everything within my power to help the 56th RQS save lives while I am deployed with them. Personally, I want to focus on taking care of my family and finishing up my master's degree.

What is your favorite part of your job?
As someone that has an insatiable appetite for knowledge and an uncanny interest in geopolitical affairs, there is no job better than intel. It is definitely rewarding to read about an event on the classified side before it even hits the news or to have access to details that few people ever know about.

(Photo above)

ROYAL AIR FORCE LAKENHEATH, England -- Tech. Sgt. Joseph Reiter, 48th Operations Support Squadron NCO in charge of Intelligence Analysis, looks over coordinates on a map Jan. 31, 2013. Reiter was nominated for a Liberty Spotlight because he displays the core value of "Service Before Self." (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Dana J. Butler)

tags:
Spotlight on You!
Tech. Sgt. Joseph Reiter

Section:
Spotlight On You!

Tweet
Email
Print

Intelligence Analyst displays "Service Before Self"

Tech. Sgt. Joseph Reiter
Tue., May 21
Name and Rank: Tech. Sgt. Joseph Reiter
Unit: 48th Operations Support Squadron
Duty Title: NCO in charge of Intelligence Analyst
Time in Service: 10 years
Time at Lakenheath: 5 years
Hometown: Port St. Lucie, Fla.
Hobbies: Traveling and playing chess
Core Value Portrayed: "Service Before Self"

How does the individual portray that core value?
Reiter has been on numerous deployments while stationed at RAF Lakenheath. He has been chosen to fill an officer billet in his upcoming deployment due to his leadership and experience. Even after the recent birth of his third child, Reiter understood the needs of the squadron and was willing to make the sacrifice and deploy in order to support the life-saving mission of the 56th Rescue Squadron.

Why is serving in the Air Force important to you?
The Air Force is a transformational organization. On the international stage, the Air Force has helped quell the rise of security threats, deliver critical humanitarian aid, and preserve human life. On the individual level, the Air Force has provided for my family, whether at home or deployed, and paid for 100 percent of my Community College of the Air Force and bachelor's degrees. It is the Air Force's ability to change and transform the lives it touches for the better, both within the organization and without, that is most meaningful to me.

What accomplishment during your Air Force career are you most proud of?
It is difficult to pinpoint a single accomplishment that I take the most pride in. On the operational front, my actions during my four deployments downrange have provided me a chance to make a small contribution to the Air Force's mission where it has been hottest. However, if I were to choose something that I am most proud of, I would have to say it would be the few occasions I have been able to help my Airmen win awards and achieve Senior Airman below-the-zone.

What are your personal and/or professional goals?
Professionally, I want to do everything within my power to help the 56th RQS save lives while I am deployed with them. Personally, I want to focus on taking care of my family and finishing up my master's degree.

What is your favorite part of your job?
As someone that has an insatiable appetite for knowledge and an uncanny interest in geopolitical affairs, there is no job better than intel. It is definitely rewarding to read about an event on the classified side before it even hits the news or to have access to details that few people ever know about.

(Photo above)

ROYAL AIR FORCE LAKENHEATH, England -- Tech. Sgt. Joseph Reiter, 48th Operations Support Squadron NCO in charge of Intelligence Analysis, looks over coordinates on a map Jan. 31, 2013. Reiter was nominated for a Liberty Spotlight because he displays the core value of "Service Before Self." (U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Dana J. Butler)

More...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links