The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Other Conflicts > Ancient

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2004, 02:23 AM

Default Tennessee Deer Talk

Hello, Locksley [ log out ] Tennessee Deer Talk ? General Forums ? TnDeer General Forum ? Perry County

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!
Author Topic: Perry County
ferg
Button
Member # 3839

posted 07-29-2004 07:14 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm looking at a small spot in Perry County - down toward the KY Res. can anyone tell me anything about the area? The hunting opportunity etc. Anything?

thanks

ferg....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 4 | From: Dickson | Registered: Jul 2004 | IP: Logged

BSK
Blowhard - Jerkasaurus (non-antlered species)
Member # 21

posted 07-29-2004 07:58 AM
ferg,

Used to be a lot of timber company land available in Perry County. However, as of this year it has all been sold off. You'll need to find private property to hunt on, but the hunting is pretty good in Perry County, especially if you are near the lake or the Buffalo River bottoms.

--------------------
"Know where you stand, and stand there" --Jesuit Father Daniel Berrigan

www.deermanagement.net

Posts: 18021 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Mar 99 | IP: Logged

ferg
Button
Member # 3839

posted 07-29-2004 08:45 AM
Hey Brian - I'm actually looking at a place to buy - it's about 9.7 acres - w/unfinnished cabin - It's pretty hilly - down towards the Ky RES - I just wondered if anyone knew anything about that area - I understand there should be some good hunting down there -

Thinking it maybe tough to put in a couple of small plots on the hill sides - I haven't seen any pictures or heard of anyone doing that sort of thing - but - the area is mostly 'smaller' hardwooods with pine sparcly mixed in -

ferg....

Bar 300
6 Point
Member # 1804

posted 07-29-2004 08:48 AM
I've turkey hunted in Perry Co. and have had great success. I've seen some impressive rubs while turkey hunting. I was hunting around the Linden area.
Posts: 548 | From: Burlison,Tn.38015 | Registered: Jan 2002 | IP: Logged

WDS
6 Point
Member # 2107

posted 07-29-2004 09:28 AM
Where in Perry Co. are you looking. My plce is in NW Perry Co. I am 2 Miles from the Ky Lake. Drop me an E-mail. I believe there is around 100 acres fo sale just don from my place.
BTW the hunting is fantastic. I have been hunting this area since I was a kid. A lot of potential for nice bucks wih prper management!

--------------------
"Conservation means harmony between men and land. When land does well for its owner and the owner does well by his land, when both end up better by reason of their partnership, we have conservation."
-Aldo Leopold

Posts: 598 | From: PERRY CO.TN | Registered: Aug 2002 | IP: Logged

444marlin
12 Point
Member # 2102

posted 07-29-2004 09:54 AM
All I can say is perry county has some monster deer. We saw some a few years ago before bow season that we thought would go 200+lbs.

--------------------
http://www.sugarplumfoods.com

Alright, I'm here. Now who wants my autograph?

Posts: 5269 | From: Benton/Charleston | Registered: Aug 2002 | IP: Logged

BSK
Member # 21

posted 07-29-2004 04:06 PM
ferg,

As others have pointed out, Perry County has excellent potential--definitely equal to Humphreys County, which produces some nice bucks. The key is being near one of the agricultural bottomlands. In the middle of endless miles of ridge-and-holler hardwoods, deer are going to be a bit stunted. But if you can get near a bottomland, the sky's the limit.

--------------------

www.deermanagement.net

Cuttin Caller forever
10 Point
Member # 3145

posted 07-29-2004 04:27 PM
just want to say welcome freg. nice to have another Dickson person here.
Posts: 3333 | From: Dickson ,Tennessee | Registered: Sep 2003 | IP: Logged

ferg
Button
Member # 3839

posted 07-30-2004 07:00 AM
Hey Cuttin caller - and everyone thanks for the responses -

BSK - the property is just off Tom's Creek - lots of bottom farming going on - I guess getting permission to hunt down there would be the ticket - I'll keep ya posted on the purchase -

ferg....

Locksley
4 Point
Member # 1548

posted 07-30-2004 07:39 AM
A friend of mine got a huge 12 point buck on the Perry co Lewis co line a few years go.The timber co would let you hunt their land for a small fee.

--------------------
R H

Posts: 461 | From: Antioch TN | Registered: Oct 2001 | IP: Logged

WDS
6 Point
Member # 2107

posted 07-30-2004 07:52 AM
Ferg, my place is on the next creek just north of you.

--------------------
"Conservation means harmony between men and land. When land does well for its owner and the owner does well by his land, when both end up better by reason of their partnership, we have conservation."
-Aldo Leopold

Posts: 598 | From: PERRY CO.TN | Registered: Aug 2002 | IP: Logged

ferg
Button
Member # 3839

posted 07-30-2004 08:38 AM
WDS - thats great to hook up with someone so close so fast - Roan Creek? I think. I'll be sure to drop you a note when I'm coming down -

ferg....

BSK
Member # 21

posted 07-30-2004 08:47 AM
Yup, I know that area. I work with a big club just across the lake and a little north of you--right on the Decatur-Benton County line. The property includes the lake bottomlands. Man they can grow some big deer...

--------------------

www.deermanagement.net

WDS
6 Point
Member # 2107

posted 07-30-2004 08:56 PM
Bryan, surely your not talking about Heart's Desire....

--------------------
-Aldo Leopold

Topic: Who bought what?
444marlin
12 Point
Member # 2102

posted 07-30-2004 09:01 PM
I bought 1 tndeer sticker $5, 2 other decals $17, a tndeer hat $12 and most expensive of all....

1.5 oz. Code Blue Standing Estrous $40

And besides that, it was nice to meet some new tndeer'ers.
Tutu Todd - Who knows what he was doing in that box at that booth where they were selling bow sights with lights
BSK - You dont need a new 4 wheeler
Also met a few tndeer'ers I've already met.
Fiesty - Witness to user abuse
David J - well, where do I start?
Lakeland Charlie - I almost thought he was ruger.
Also talked to Dennis G and bowriter.

--------------------
http://www.sugarplumfoods.com

Alright, I'm here. Now who wants my autograph?

Posts: 5271 | From: Benton/Charleston | Registered: Aug 2002 | IP: Logged

baldntatted
4 Point
Member # 3731

posted 07-30-2004 09:08 PM
my bows is in the shop now getting a new string and cables. 40 bucks. new Q2 whisker biscut 35 bucks...1/2 easton xx75 30 inch. 55 bucks

--------------------
God only made a few perfect heads, The rest he put hair on

Posts: 149 | From: henry co paris tn | Registered: Jun 2004 | IP: Logged

JOKERP
4 Point
Member # 3287

posted 07-30-2004 09:21 PM
a magazine 3 YEARS TENNESSEE SPORTSMAN AND GOT 2 FREE KNIVES AND A FREE HAT LOL...42.00 AND I GOT A FREE MID SOUTH HUNTING MAG....FROM TN DEER READ BOWRITERS PAGE ABOUT AUGEST AND CHEATHAM WMA...

--------------------
JOKERPEACH

Posts: 210 | From: ROBERTSON /SPRINGFIELD | Registered: Oct 2003 | IP: Logged

JOKERP
4 Point
Member # 3287

posted 07-30-2004 09:23 PM
I WAS WANTING A TNDEER PATCH AND HAT BUT I HAD JUST LEFT WORK AND DIDNT HAVE ANY CASH...

--------------------
JOKERPEACH

Posts: 210 | From: ROBERTSON /SPRINGFIELD | Registered: Oct 2003 | IP: Logged

Wrangler95
8 Point
Member # 2501

posted 07-30-2004 10:15 PM
I bought a pair of bib overalls,a shirt and a decal.I'd be very careful with that 40 dollar deer pee.

--------------------
Psalms 37:16 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked

? Hello, Locksley [ log out ] Tennessee Deer Talk ? General Forums ? TnDeer General Forum ? HEY FEISTY

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!
Author Topic: HEY FEISTY
Cuttin Caller forever
10 Point
Member # 3145

posted 07-29-2004 06:52 PM
you know I will be able to tell if you have messed with your bangs Little Missy
Posts: 3334 | From: Dickson ,Tennessee | Registered: Sep 2003 | IP: Logged

David J
Chief - User Enforcement
Member # 11

posted 07-29-2004 06:57 PM
What bangs? She doesn't have bangs.

--------------------
Chief - User Enforcement

Posts: 20892 | From: Harrison,Tn USA | Registered: Mar 99 | IP: Logged

Cuttin Caller forever
10 Point
Member # 3145

posted 07-29-2004 07:11 PM
what does she have then?

Worm
Member # 670

posted 07-29-2004 07:29 PM
She misspelled it David. She ment bags. Lots of bags.

--------------------
Rednecks: Keeping the woods free of critters since 1846

Posts: 13508 | From: Huntingdon, Tn | Registered: Sep 2000 | IP: Logged

Cuttin Caller forever
10 Point
Member # 3145

posted 07-29-2004 07:38 PM
David don't know what those are he hasn't seen any on himself since i don't know when

David J
Chief - User Enforcement
Member # 11

posted 07-29-2004 08:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cuttin Caller forever:
David don't know what those are he hasn't seen any on himself since i don't know when

Want to bet!

--------------------
Chief - User Enforcement

Posts: 20892 | From: Harrison,Tn USA | Registered: Mar 99 | IP: Logged

Cuttin Caller forever
10 Point
Member # 3145

posted 07-29-2004 08:30 PM
what ya got to bet?

feisty red head
16 Pointer
Member # 99

posted 07-29-2004 09:53 PM
ain't touched them, yet..... but they beginning to get to that stage

--------------------
some bucks, are just stuck on stupid

Posts: 3193 | From: Ashland city tn | Registered: May 99 | IP: Logged

Cuttin Caller forever
10 Point
Member # 3145

posted 07-29-2004 10:15 PM
lol i will look at them this weekend

feisty red head
16 Pointer
Member # 99

posted 07-29-2004 10:33 PM
cool

--------------------

Locksley
4 Point
Member # 1548

posted 07-30-2004 07:11 AM
IS CUTTIN CALLER red headed like FIESTY RED HEAD OR IS IT JUST THAT THEY ARE BOTH FIESTY.

--------------------
R H

Posts: 461 | From: Antioch TN | Registered: Oct 2001 | IP: Logged

feisty red head
16 Pointer
Member # 99

posted 07-30-2004 07:42 AM
nah CC is not a red head

--------------------

Slaughter-06
10 Point
Member # 1228

posted 07-30-2004 02:08 PM
CuttinChickenUp
Is a Slick Head! Doe
Posts: 2632 | From: dyersburg,Tn. | Registered: May 2001 | IP: Logged

Cuttin Caller forever
10 Point
Member # 3145

posted 07-30-2004 02:16 PM
Nope not red headed although at one time i was red and now sometimes i just get red necked

bradscatch
4 Point
Member # 3824

posted 07-30-2004 05:55 PM
boy you got that right!!!!!!

--------------------
frances michelle hicks

Posts: 100 | From: cunningham | Registered: Jul 2004 | IP: Logged

MadDoe
TnDeer's Real Estate Agent
Member # 1048

posted 07-30-2004 08:01 PM
Cuttincutter, I need a cut, you going to Cheatam Co tomorrow night? Mine is just cut strait across no layering, just simple.
Posts: 3896 | From: Old Hickory, Tn | Registered: Jan 2001 | IP: Logged

Cuttin Caller forever
10 Point
Member # 3145

posted 07-30-2004 08:50 PM
yes MadDoe I will be there I hope and bring my stuff so I will fix yall right up

MadDoe
TnDeer's Real Estate Agent
Member # 1048

posted 07-30-2004 09:49 PM
That's great. I'll pay you.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links