The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2005, 03:17 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry How Is Your Memory?

At a point in time when knighthoods are being handed out to well-healed $$$$ people who already have every other toy imaginable, some of the big boys are certainly proving what they are made of, and how they rose to the top to begin with! (opinion)

Like most of you, I have spent much of my life honoring the Golden Rule. Not because I had to, but just because it was the right (though often painful) thing to do! I never asked what was in it for me, quite to the contrary in fact. And as a result of my straight in your face way of doing things, I was once informed by a member of a national representative?s staff that, and I quote: "I would never amount to hill of beans because of my unshakeable Achilles' heel - IT BEING INTEGRITY ITSELF!?

Early last month, my son was seriously injured in a bicycle accident in Arizona where he attends university, not on the basis of his (non-existent) money, but rather for his abilities! The accident was the result of what we believed to be a defective bike that he had just bought (brand new), some 20 minutes earlier from a well known department store!

The very next morning after the accident, with my son suffering from a head and back injury, not to mention assorted-busted bones, shattered teeth, and severe pain, a store manager at this retail giant attempted to pull a fast one!!

This individual called the bed-ridden kid in his dorm and said that they were coming right over to his dorm room to pick up the bike, the boy?s receipt for said bike, and to take a statement on the accident from this severely injured and (then) highly medicated for severe pain, young man!!!!

When I got wind of this move, I immediately had the bike and the receipt for same, placed under lock and key. I then phoned this ambitious store manager to inform him that he was going to do no such thing!

Well, this irate manager soon called corporate down in Dixie and brewed up a storm, saying that my son was not being co-operative with him! The manager also said that he was going to file an accident report. A report that, to my knowledge, he never did file until some time later, and then under pressure?

As a matter of fact, when my son was finally forced to hire a very capable bike accident attorney, and that attorney?s sweet mannered assistant called this retailer to attain a copy of the accident report number, I was informed that the manager of that store went nearly balistic and screamed at the gal, in a very ungentlemanly manner! ?It finally took a call from the lad's lawyer's office, to the corporate offices of this retailer, to get this manager to finally file the report I believe??

Well in panic over my son's many injuries, my wife and I (being proud but broke), immediately set about the task of trying to put enough money together to get from our home to the University, many hundreds of miles distant, in order to check on the multiple, severe injuries to our son!

In this effort, we called a few friends, the Salvation Army, the bank that we deal with in a small way, the multiple charities that people always direct you to in time of need, and even the car rental agency that we have dealt with for years!

To make a long story short, two of my true friends helped as much as they could, and the Salvation Army helped out with some gas! The rest of those mentioned above, however, as much as told us where to go, and how to get there!!

Well, with a potential civil action pending against that retailer, one of my inventive ideas looking promising, and a lawyer in the Mid-West diligently pursuing my claim for past (VA) benefits, should any (or all) of these matters ever come to a positive fruition, I can assure you of a few things for sure -

A- I know what western themed bank I won?t be dealing with!

B- What car rental agency, after years of doing business with them, shall never again see my business again!

C- What major retailer is now on my excrement list, and last but not least - I can assure these heartless individuals that my memory is long and that I shall never forget their demeaning attitudes!

"SO HOW IS YOUR MEMORY THESE DAYS??

VERITAS
Old 03-03-2005, 05:58 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs down

JUST IN - Update

My son visited the dentist today for an estimate on repairing his teeth alone, not counting the concussion, the two compressed vertebrae, the busted right hand, the busted rib, stitched lip, the missed school time, the ambulance and paramedics, emergency room expences, and the pain and suffering, etc., etc. Just the teeth repairs alone, came to several thousands of dollars.

Every time that I think about that multi-billion dollar department store manager's attempts to screw my son over, my blood boils and I have to pause to take a long walk!!

"Am I happy about this situation - WHAT DO YOU THINK!?"

How would you feel if -

1- It was your son or daughter that this happened to?

2- Or a business that you have trusted and dealt with for countless years, turned around and pulled this on you and yours?!

'NUF SAID!!"

RICK
Old 03-04-2005, 03:09 AM

Hardcore,
How many were in the accident and who hit who.

cadetat6
Old 03-04-2005, 12:09 PM

HC your in the early stages of this thing. Get all the data and a copy of the accident report and whether or not anybody else got hurt besides your kid.

Your lawyer will check out the bike and run some checks to see when it was made and whether or not other's who owned the same bike and any like incidents.

Not knowing much more - you have much to gather to get the legal eagles into some means by which they can sue (if applicable) the store, the product itself or what have you.

I regret your kid has suffered such an ordeal and I'm sure everything will work out - when your young you bounce back pretty good.

I'm sure he's sore and your upset but everything should be on the mend soon and hopefully no long term medical complication arise. I'm thinking positive for your Son and yourself.

But keep us advised as to his condition and what you find out regarding the accident and/or the mechanical workings of the bike.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:01 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

CADET AT 6 & BOATS -

Thanks for the interest and genuine concern guys! I really appreciate it!! However, my son's attorney will have to take it from here!

And even though it sounds like there was enough injuries to inflict several victims, the severe damage to my son was from but the one accident in early February! (Double Ouch)

Again, the lawyer will have to take it from here, however, as I am still as mad as a wet hen, and as dumb as a post on law! I have been purposely vague, even considering my justifiable anger, especially after the store's crass actions to here!

"So for now, I will just have to leave it at that, but I will keep you all apprised on my son's medical progress!"

And thanks for the advice Friend Boats - we have covered all of these avenues (and more) to here!!

"NUF SAID BY ME!!"

RICK