The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2003, 07:57 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Arrow Holes In The Fence Of State

QUOTE New York Times: ?Bush speech erred on uranium reference!?

For the first time, the President has acknowledged that incomplete and inaccurate data went into the decision to stomp all over Iraq for the second time. And this revelation came only after a day of questioning and sometimes contradictory answers, emanating out of the (not so) ?Little White Lie House!?

Hell, even Joe Wilson, a former Ambassador, was sent off to Niger last year in search of the truth. He too returned and declared that the intelligence on Hussein?s nuclear ambitions were probably fraudulent? Of course, and only if I read correctly, the White claims that this report was not received!

So what does this all mean - ?Oh Lofty Ones?? Could it be that (at least part of) the reasoning behind our invasion was political ambition motivated alone! If so, that is one helluva poor excuse (by itself) to spill ?American and Coalition Blood!? (opinion)

Even if this operation was (partially) political in nature (and what conflict isn?t), it was a reluctant task that was years (12) overdue, and a labor for which we are now paying an almost daily tab in American lives!

As for the ?Bushonian Domino Effect? (one was against terror after another), one had best make damned sure that all of the tumbling tiles are indeed an inherent danger to our national security, and not just obstacles to re-election, or opportunities for a little political drum beating!

VERITAS
Old 07-09-2003, 09:25 AM

My plug nickle.
I think it is a combination of factors.
1. Politics. This can never be overstated, regardless of who's sitting in the "Big House." Power is the keys to their agenda.
2. Incorrect information. Getting the wrong information from intelligence sources is nothing new. It happens all the time. This will always be the case, and the "other party" will inevitably jump all over it.
3. The "other party." This falls into politics, but deserves mention. The "other party" will always shoot at the current "Big House" resident. Regardless of the situation, the dirt kicking fest will always be a top priority. Especially the nearer to election time we are.
4. The media. Those of us that can think for ourselves are rare indeed. There are too many folks out there that can't do this rather simple task (opinion), and fall into the rhetoric spun by their prospective party line, courtesy of the media.

Old 07-09-2003, 09:29 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Right on as usual 1IDVET!

VERITAS