The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2005, 05:33 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

PHO...

Most veterans don't know, including the Blue Water Navy Vets.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2005, 07:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default More Info

On April5th , the US Court of appeals for Veteran claims handed down it's decision on Smith vs Nicholson. The DAV argued for Smith that he was entitled to Two seperate 10 % disability ratings for service connected tinnitus - ringing in both ears. Smith won his claim. Call your local Dav service rep if you were given a 10 % rating but have the ringing in both ears.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:33 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Another question pertaining to Diabetes:

Arrow:

About one year ago I was diagnosed with Class #2 Diabetes by my Doctor. He then prescribed the standard Testing Kit, and drugs to help control the problem. I must add that there has not been a history of Diabetes in my family, that I am aware of, and I appear to be the first one to develop the illness.

I served in Vietnam from January 1968 until January 1969. I worked around, as well as flew on, C-130 Aircraft as part of my duties while stationed at Can Ranh Bay. I believe that, at least some of those same C-130 Aircraft had been previously used to transport, or dispense, Agent Orange as part of their cargo during the time they were assigned to Vietnam. I was not part of any mission to dispense or transport Agent Orange while I was flying in them however. My DD-214 does indicate that I served in Vietnam for one year and one day.

My question is: Would this be enough to pursue a claim, from the VA, concerning the Diabetes that surfaced over thirty years after my service in Vietnam? I did find it rather strange that I developed the disease when no other member of my family came down with it to the best of my knowledge. Your idea on this would be greatly appreciated by me and my family.

As always: WELCOME HOME BROTHER:

To the rest of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters I also wish you: WELCOME HOME:

VIETNAM 1968
Old 11-14-2005, 07:59 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Vietnam 1968...

The short answer is yes

See Pho post

And my first post...

Arrow>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 11-14-2005, 08:35 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default 68

My diabetes surfaced about 4 years ago, GO TO THE VA NOW AND GET A CLAIM IN. The VA will treat type II diabetes and related probles as service connected disabilities. YOU MUST APPLY FOR A CLAIM THEY DO NOT SEARCH YOU OUT AND GIVE IT TO YOU. This may be done on the VA web site.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:42 AM
Robert J Ryan

splummer is has been classifeid as a presumptive diases realted to exposure to agent orange. I am being compensated for it now. So recommend that the vet get a claim files.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default thanks everyone

I want to help this guy if I can. He was in the army in Vietnam. He's pretty bitter after being turned down for a ptsd and may not want to pursue this. When I heard about the type II D. I thought he had a good chance with a claim. I'll print out some of these posts for his wife so he'll know its not just me telling him to file a claim.
Sounds like this can help Vietnam 68 too. It would be great if two of our Vietnam brothers could get the compensation they deserve.