Atlanta is a good place to race.
Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2006, 03:47 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Nascar sucks.

Jeff Gordon was last in times on Saturdays practice, He went through NASCAR inspection and walllllah he was the fastest car out there on Sunday, Its a Miracle, OH thank you Jesus. ORRRRR, maybe Nascar officials moved his rear spoiler down a inch or so, Nahhh, that would never happen.
Mat Kensit slid into his pits and the official said he was over the line, the replay shows his tire was in, that?s what the go by, so Matt had to back up and lost 4 or 5 spots.
When Jeffy or Jr win its very good for nascar, so I can understand why they do what they do and they are getting better at hiding there little helping hand to Jeff and jr but that don't make it right.
Magic caution for debris saved Gordon from going a couple laps down, nascar said it was a piece of roll bar foam, well then find out who it was and fine them a 100, 000$ and 100 points, but noooooo, then the roll bar foam wouldn't go out the window and there wouldn't be a timely yellow for nascars pets.

Ron
Old 10-30-2006, 10:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Yep,

And gee whiz....Roll bar foam wouldn't accidently mess up anyones tires, so how convenient. Sure looks like what you say. And they are NASCAR pets. Oh, and if Earnhardt is 84 points out, and Burton is 84 points out, how come Earnhardt is "4" and Burton is "5". Looks like a tie to me, but w/Jr in 4th, it will get more people to watch.

Why I don't watch it much anymore.

Pack

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

I get negative with nascar because Ive been watching it for so long that I know all there little things they do that the general public doesn't see or just refuse to see because most people are gullible and would never think that NASCAR would be in favor of one brand over another or one driver over another. Let me say that If I owned NASCAR I would do the same thing they are doing.
Those seats are full because of Jr's dad and Petty and many other old guys, They stay full because Jr is winning , First in Bush and then under his Dads wing in Winston cup. RJ Reynolds tobbaco company went to Bobby Alison along time ago when NASCAR was called Grand Nationals and asked to get into NASCAR. Winston rep ask "how much money are we talking about, Bobby told him about 3-6 million a year , The Winston rep almost left, he said he was looking for something bigger, Bobbie steered him to the France family and Winston Cup was born, RJR paid the Frances 300 million a year for a long time to put Winston next to NASCAR.
The Frances , (except for the girl) are not involved with nascar any longer, so Im not sure what Sprint is paying for the Nextel name next to NASCAR, but I would guess its at least 300 million a year.
So to make a very long story short, NASCAR is doing what is best for NASCAR. And They should do that up to a point, That point would be , just how much money do you need? Your buddy Coors is paying around 30 million a year to the 40 team to put Coors Light on there hood.
At some point NASCAR needs to just make things fair and stop getting so damn rich.

Ron