The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2002, 02:12 PM

Default missing My Dad the hero

On this day sixty years ago my Dad was fighting the "Japs" as they called them on the uss Enterprise at the battle of midway.I spent most of his life knowing that he and the men who fought beside him on the big"E" were heroes.It was not until he died last year that i really began to appreciate him and the sacrafices he made for me and my freedom. I miss him alot.God Bless the men and Women of ww2 and that generation and God Bless America.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2002, 07:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to dlittlemarsh Send a message via Yahoo to dlittlemarsh
Thumbs up I totally Identify

I too miss my dad alot. He died in 1989 and I never realized the hell he went through until after his death when I started researching WW2 and Korea. I then realized that my father was someone that I didn't know at all and would give anything for the chance to have him back long enough to talk about his Military career. It's sites like these that really help keep them close in our hearts and memories. God Bless our Service men and God Bless America!
dlittlemarsh
Old 10-02-2002, 01:54 PM

jigdog,

I too feel sympathy for you. I recently lost my Dad and he and I weren't that close but you can bet I'd rather have him around than not.

I think its because we try so hard to make them feel that we've grown up and really we aren't but we have to show them that we are men and men don't acknowledge weakness and all that other crap that's imprinted throughout our lives.

I've got four women in my life. Emotions like you can't believe.
Wife constantly finding fault in every little thing, two daughters who said I never liked anyone they ever brought home (and thats true I chased many of them down the street with a baseball bat in my hand), wouldn't let me girls go to school in short dress or skimpy whatever they call it. I was firm and still won't let any of them swear in my house (I know they know the words but not in my house).

My last little girl (Lily my Grand-daughter) just loves me for who I am - her PaPa. 4 year olds are the greatest.

I am a Dad and a Grandpa now will they miss me like we miss ours? I've laid in bed and thought about that wondering if anyone will ever remember me like I remember others? Scary!

Fly the Flag

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"