The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2008, 05:24 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Next President of The United States of America,...

...Ok, I'll throw it out there,..

...Who's gonna ""win"" ???,...

...I figure between him, and her on the Democratic side, Him will come out with the nomination, but as in a him, vs. him, D vs. R, I don't think saying "change" is enough to get him elected, I want to hear How !,...

...I see John McCain winning because I think the public sees him as the most logical choice, Soldier, decorated, Former POW, he's done more, seen more felt more, and, the experience of ALL combined sets him well above the other contenders,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2008, 06:28 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

For the undecided, a simply worded question to oneself will suffice: if 18 months from now, you flip on the TV and see that Iran has just successfully tested a nuclear weapon, who do you want in the White House to make the difficult decisions?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-26-2008, 06:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gunner Carvo Send a message via MSN to Gunner Carvo Send a message via Yahoo to Gunner Carvo
Distinctions
Contributor 

There is also the possibility that people will vote for someone who is not a "war-hungry veteran".

"Without me, the war will go on. With me, it could end." - me

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." - JFK

"Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto."
(I bring not the rays of the sun but the thunderbolts of Jupiter)

Old 02-26-2008, 09:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I personally am concerned.

None of the front runners give me confidence.

Keith
Old 02-27-2008, 06:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I see it...

as 1992 all over again. Our politics in this country are like a big pendulum. After Nixon and Ford the pendulum swung to Jimmy Carter. After 4 years of his ineptness it swung way back to Ronnie Regan. It went towards the middle and got Bush 1 in but swung away from the middle to 8 years of the Clintonista's. 94' showed that America was sick of that and put the Congress on notice and put in the Repbulicans. In 2000-present they kept the Repubs in the White House but changed the congress. Now...2008 the Pendulum is swinging to the left again. "Change", the theme of almost everybodies campaign, will probably happen in 2008. I see that in 4 years the Congress, if "change" happens, will go back to the Republicans and possibly the White House....if not in 2012, for sure in 2016....as the pendulum swings again.

I still think McCain has a good chance.....it should be real close. If Hillary gets the nod...McCain will win for sure. The Democrats only chance is Obama.

I'm writing in Sam Nunn.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 02-27-2008, 07:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Tom I'm so disappointed.

Keith and Bob K are on the ticket and need write in votes. Please think about writing us in.

Keith
Old 02-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperScout View Post
18 months from now, you flip on the TV and see that Iran has just successfully tested a nuclear weapon, who do you want in the White House?
Brice, I'd say that you just answered any questions.
For the first time since I've been old enough to vote this last Primary Election day neither Joanne nor I went to the poles. There just wasn't anyone worth voting for and the cost of the gasoline to get there. What Americans are being asked to pay out for their cost of living has just gotten out of hand. America has placed itself in the mercy of other countries that want to see American influences throughout the world dissolve and Mohammad in the forefront. Those countries have us right where they want us and since we depend on logistics from those nations we put ourselves at their mercy.
Joanne did say one thing that I have to agree with her on and that is "who would be better qualified to lead us through the destructive paths that the Muslim and communist nations lead us through than someone who was once a prisoner of one of those enemy nations? We can not allow ourselves to be dominated. An ex-Commander-in-Chief wants to retake the reign of power through his wife and Barrack preaches "change" but we just can't surrender ourselves to others in our role. Whatever happened to documents that disappeared from White House files concerning Bill Clinton’s foreign policies? Documents that were under Hillary’s control? Freedom comes with a cost and the only way other nations will follow us is if we stand strong and not surrender.
I guess I'll have to pull the lever under McCain. At least that's the way I feel today and will tomorrow too unless another nominee shows that they've grown a pair to Mohammad before election day.

Last edited by Stick; 02-27-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Stick!

Just write in Hixson and BobK. its a protest vote.

We are going to get Packo Tom as our campaign manager and Gimpy's endorsement so we can get the Southern Democrat vote.

Keith
Old 02-27-2008, 12:56 PM

Whose gonna win? Hmmm - who really cares. No matter who gets in they are only a figure head to throw rocks at. Push come to shove I'll take McCain and hope he picks a good Vice-President. The other's scare me. Old vr's new (the first woman) vr's the first blackman - is that really all we can do? One's overskilled and old school the other is lacking skills and has ideas that he will have to get past the house and senate - good luck.

I still want the box that says none of the above. I want a someone who will not take any shi_ from anybody who wants to do harm to our country. I'm Pro American and will stay that way until they burn me. I want someone who will stick up to the pursacued, fight for those who can't fight and I want everyone to know - we aren't push over's nor are we intimidated by radicals. I want God Bless America and the Plege of Alligence. I want our Flag to waive with the understanding that it means something - to all.

I want my kids safe and I want my grandkids safe. I want them to have roof over their head and food in their stomachs. I want "fairly" clean air if that can be done. I want to retire knowing that I won't starve or need medical attention without them taking my house.

I want my wife to be well again - to walk and feel better. I want people to stand up and be counted. To do something positive with their lives and not blame everyone for their
misfortunes or problems - as they most likely got themselves into this situation without anyones assistance and if they did well shame on them.

I want everyone on Patriotfiles to be respected for all their good efforts and good will towards their fellow human beings. I want everyone to know that homeland security begins at home and I'm armed and can protect my family - if the need arises. I don't care if I have a black neighbor or Mexican. Just mow your grass and take care of your property.

I don't care who or what you believe in - that's your business. Take care of your family first the world second.

To other countries I say - shove off. You don't want to support us in time of need and to do what is right then you don't want to be part of the big picture - who cares. But sure as hell if something is needed who do you call. Sure we will be there - its our nature to help the little guy to take the bullies of the world and shove it up their southern most exposure. Why? Because we can and we have heart and we have the courage to do it -that's why.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 02-27-2008, 03:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Boats,

Does that mean you guys are rejecting the Patriotfiles ticket.

Keith