The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Tea party

Tomorrow 4-15-09 there will be tea parties all over the United States. I went to the one they had in Feb at the George R Brown building. That’s the building in the background of the video. There was a Black guy speaking and he made way to much sense, he had to be in camouflage.
Tomorrows is downtown, Although I dislike driving downtown Houston anytime. I will make the trip. Just to lend support. After all. The main stream media is making light of the whole tea party thing and if the turn out is small then the Dems score a big victory. If the turn out is in the 100s of thousands then, the Media has to look at it and the Dems will be fools not to take it seriously.
I'm guessing, (and I hope I'm wrong) just like voting, White Americans will stay at home and hope someone shows up for them. Let me tell you , it ain't gona happen, If White America does not come out in big numbers, whooo be us.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2009, 03:30 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default I'm a white American. I'm going!

Since it will be chilly here, I'll be wearing my patriotic leather jacket and carrying a flag. I haven't decided what size yet.

Friends will be going with us.

FOX is talking about it here and nationally.

Joy

Tea Party Slogans Repository
8,514 Visitors

"We're As Mad As Hell and We're Not Going to Take It Anymore!"

Here are some suggestions for your Tea Party protest signs (615 slogans).

http://www.teapartyslogans.com/cgi-bin/web/index.cgi

Last edited by darrels joy; 04-14-2009 at 04:56 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:01 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Darrel at the tea party & an Airman with a flag that flew over Iraq in a predator.

According to the newspaper, 2,000 to 2,500 at the gathering at noon and hundreds of people around the corner for the rest of the day. No permit but they couldn't keep us off the sidewalks. Lots of support from drivers passing by. Posters were homemade.

Down the street there was a support Obama's budget gathering with less than a dozen people and commercially made signs. I suspect the union.

One to 3 cops in cars by us. Ten to 15 cops in cars by them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0415091515.jpg (366.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 0415091533a.jpg (340.8 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by darrels joy; 04-16-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:14 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Houstons Tea party was down town, I drove around fror a little while and couldn't find a place to park. I don't know how many people there were downtown , but there was a lot.
What I understand is that 7,000,000 people showed up at 700 locations around the United States. Now that many people show up to any event, you would think would be news worthy. CNN had some stupid remarks and Nancy had a few snide remarks and thats about it for the "Main stream" . FOX covered it well and is still covering it this morning.
Obama answer to the tea parties was "don't people understand that they will get a tax cut" Then he left for Mexico City.
The Tea parties were not about taxes, Taxes was a very small part of what people are upset at. It's the Trillions in spending over the next 5 years, and not just the spending , it's what they are spending the money on. Freddie and Fanny may have been nesessary, giving money to bail out privet compaines was and is just stupid. I don't want to give money to GM. I don't want to give money to the hundreds of Dem. pork projects.
Our government has barrowed money from China until China said no more, so then we just started to print money and are still printing it with no end in sight.
The Dems remind me of that dumb Illionois Gov. One day they will close the cell door behind him and he will say, Hay this door is locked, Some one open this door.
2010 election is coming, the Dems are going to say, Hay my office door is locked and my key don't work.

Ron
Old 04-20-2009, 08:07 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs down

NBC DC Affiliate Runs Leftist Spoof as Real Tea Party Footage

By Amy Ridenour (Bio | Archive)
April 17, 2009 - 21:38 ET

I know it may seem hard to believe, but even after many excellent Newsbusters exposes of scandalous Tea Party media coverage (Noel Sheppard on Janeane Garofalo's attacks, CNN's selective Susan Roesgen coverage, and MSNBC's juvenile behavior; Warner Todd Huston on CNN cutting off e-mail access; Seton Motley on Susan Roesgen's conflict-of-interest vis-a-vis Fox; and much more) one instance of Tea Party media coverage that's either shockingly incompetent or record-breakingly biased has virtually gone overlooked.

Overlooked, that is, except by Eric the Red on his Vocal Minority blog. Eric realized the NBC News affiliate in Washington, D.C. was running a left-wing spoof video of the D.C. Tea Party on its website as if it were footage of the real thing.

I say "spoof video," but it's really worse than that: It's a video shot by leftists of other leftists who, after trying and failing to infiltrate the D.C. Tea Party, moved elsewhere, chanting slogans like "tax work, not wealth" in an effort to falsely make Tea Party attendees look rich, callous and out-of-touch. It's not a spoof meant in fun, but a spoof meant to slander.

And NBC either fell for it or is complicit.

As bad as that is, the footage has now been running on the NBC affiliate's website for two days and as of the time of this post, has yet to be taken down. Eric has the video, or you can see it, as of this writing at least, on the D.C. NBC News affiliate's website here (it's the video mockingly entitled "Scenes From The Most Important Protest In Polit...").

The chants heard in this video are nothing like those one would expect at a genuine Tea Party, and NBC should have realized it.

Here's how Eric transcribed them:
[Unintelligible] “community organizers!” [unintelligible] (0:15)
“We could read Saul Alinsky too!” (0:20)
“Feed the rich! Feed the rich!” (0:29)
“Lower the minimum wage! Lower the minimum wage! (0:35)
One spectator is filmed saying to another, “This is a very small protest, isn’t it?” (1:08)
“Tax work, not wealth! Tax work, not wealth!” (1:10)
If the chants weren't enough of a clue for NBC, comments such as this on YouTube should have done the job:
The idiots chanting were obviously counter protesters. What they were shouting had absolutely nothing to do with what the Tea Parties were about. Anyone with half a brain could recognize that.
A little more backstory:

The leftists reportedly are part of a group called "Billionaires for Bush." The group tried to infiltrate the main D.C. Tea Party, but after Tea Party speaker Andrew Langer realized what was going on and told the crowd what the infiltrators were up to, the infiltrators moved about 300 feet distant on Pensylvania Avenue and began acting out and shooting the video later to be run by NBC.

Andrew Langer has said today that this leftist effort was organized by a professional political organizer who is a $2,700 Obama contributor. While Obama voters are said to have particpated in Tea Parties from coast-to-coast, NBC may have found the only $2,700 Obama contributor to get anywhere near a Tea Party.

Too bad NBC didn't label the Billionaires for Bush spoof for what it was: a modern-day YouTube version of an old-fashioned political dirty trick, and -- except perhaps for NBC's unwitting or witting complicity -- not a very well-done one at that.

Cross-posted on Amy Ridenour's National Center Blog.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/amy-rid...-party-footage