Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2009, 08:56 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default "Where's the Peace"

"We must not be in Kansas anymore"
Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize!
For what?

Had to be nominated during his first 2 weeks in office?

Nobel must be "rolling in his grave"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2009, 10:13 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Erik,...

Any: "PEACE" must be in some wacked-out Norwegian Dreams.
If: "His Barackness" had been calling-the-shots way-back-when,...
I personally believe that Norway (others also) would still be Nazi Occupied.

Neil
Old 10-09-2009, 10:24 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Neil

Not only that!!!

"Dateline Oslo, Oct. 9, 2009: The Nobel Peace Prize Committee awarded the 2009 Prize to U.S. President Obama. In a related development, the Committee stripped the Nansen International Office for Refugees of its 1938 Award and posthumously granted it to British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain, author of the famous "I believe it is Peace for Our Time" speech made after giving most of Czechoslovakia to Hitler."

As my great, great Swedish aunt used to say " You know what the difference is between a Swed and a Norwegian is ? A Norwegian is a Swed with his brains beat out! "
Old 10-09-2009, 01:42 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Erik,...

Sorry was tied up with my thing on that weird PEACE Prize, & didn't check your response first.
My not bothering to apologize to Old Neville (plus family), would have saved me some time.

Neil
Old 10-12-2009, 03:42 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Can this be put to the music of the 12 days of Christmas

Just recieved this from a friend sure it's all over but thought I'd share:

President Obama has broken new ground here. Invitation letters were sent in September 2008. Those wishing to apply for the Nobel Peace Prize must have their nomination submittal in by February 1. The president took office only 12 days earlier on January 20. So Obama had been in office 12 days when his application was submitted. What could he have claimed he had done to deserve the Nobel Peace Prize?
Let’s take a look at the president’s first 12 days in the White House according to his public schedule to see what he did:

January 20: Sworn in as president. Went to a parade. Partied.
January 21: Asked bureaucrats to re-write guidelines for information requests. Held an “open house” party at the White House.
January 22: Signed Executive Orders: Executive Branch workers to take ethics pledge; re-affirmed Army Field Manual techniques for interrogations; expressed desire to close Gitmo (how’s that working out?)
January 23: Ordered the release of federal funding to pay for abortions in foreign countries. Lunch with Joe Biden; met with Tim Geithner.
January 24: Budget meeting with economic team.
January 25: Skipped church.
January 26: Gave speech about jobs and energy. Met with Hillary Clinton. Attended Geithner's swearing in ceremony.
January 27: Met with Republicans. Spoke at a clock tower in Ohio .
January 28: Economic meetings in the morning, met with Defense secretary in the afternoon.
January 29: Signed Ledbetter Bill overturning Supreme Court decision on lawsuits over wages. Party in the State Room. Met with Biden.
January 30: Met economic advisers. Gave speech on Middle Class Working Families Task Force. Met with senior enlisted military officials.
January 31: Took the day off.
February 1: Skipped church. Threw a Super Bowl party.
So there you have it. The short path to the Nobel Peace Prize: Party, go to meetings, skip church, release federal funding to pay for abortions in foreign countries, party some more.