The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2002, 09:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default MaGoo..that be me

Yup,
The media gets their stir stick going and all of a sudden this guy was ?honored? by the Army for doing well on the range. I don?t recall anyone being ?honored? for shooting well, but then I went through Navy Boot. Good natural vision, ability to follow instructions and learn was the prime ingredient for a high score as I recall. For me, if they would have moved the rear sight about 12 inches forward I could have driven nails up to 200 yards. Beyond that range I would have had to taken it on faith that there was even a target there, let alone hit anything. So no Navy Rifle ribbon for me, but came close to getting the Navy Pistol ribbon as that situation matched my visual situation much better.

Scamp
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2002, 10:21 AM

Expert
I remember some guys purposely trying to qualify with the minimum req'd score. They thought that if they qualified expert, they would automatically get an infantry AIT.
Old 10-25-2002, 10:49 AM

Well, if the kid was in on the shootings(as they expect) he got all his qualifications shooting a stump in the backyard. No big deal about the ability to shoot or how well the hype is going on ex-G.I. I qualified expert and my son has been able to out shoot me since he was 13 with a deer rifle 30.06 with bushnell scope.
I just hope that justice is done for the killing of innocent people and the" American Civil Liberties Union" don't make a fool of themselves again in the eyes of the american public. I served my country to keep liberty, hell I didn't know a Union was involved, never ran across one of those guy's in a rice paddy.
Old 10-25-2002, 01:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Qualified expert...

...while in La.@ England Air plane Patch...

...they had modified M-16's that shot .22s, and the minimun was hitting 98 bullseyes out of 100 on targets were "shrunk" to simulate 100 yards, but I believe they were 50 yards away...

...The range instructor signed the 3x5 cards, and they were turned into squadren hq, but as I've never seen it show up on my records, but It's the only ribbon I think I have,...

... they owe me another one, along with some piece of tin for some extra curricular activity, but as a lot of you fine folks say, after 20 some odd years,..."It don't mean nothin' "...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 10-25-2002, 02:07 PM

Default "It don't mean nothin' "

You got that right, Seatjerker. Any medal with 50 cents might get you a cup of coffee somewhere.

Especially in this day and age wherein the Medal of Honor gets confiscated at "airport security" because the screener thinks the medal would be used a weapon.

What hath we wrought? :cd:
Old 10-25-2002, 03:03 PM

I know I served my country for 10 yrs and can't believe that one are own trained military personnel would do such a thing. I hope that the both get what they deserve.It's one thing to go after adults but to target our children is yet another thing.One seriously sick person
Old 10-25-2002, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by x-marine0331
It's one thing to go after adults but to target our children is yet another thing.One seriously sick person
Are you joking or what???? Or is it my interpretation of your post.

HOW CAN YOU MAKE AN ASSUMPTION THAT THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ADULTS AND CHILDREN IN THIS SORRY SAGA!!!!!

AND YES I AM YELLING.
Old 10-25-2002, 10:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to 82Rigger
Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Red face Yep! Ya'll are callin' the cards right!...

When I was active in high-power competition, I could keep my shots in 12 inches at 600 yards with a match grade M1 Garand WITHOUT a scope. And half the guys I shot with could beat me. I was just mediocre.

This guy wouldn't make a pimple on a sniper's butt!

Airborne! Steve / 82Rigger

Steve / 82Rigger
Old 10-28-2002, 09:38 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Poor shots or butchers?

At least two of the surviving victims were gut shot-the little boy and the fellow at the Ponderosa restaurant. That tells me either they are brutal savages or real poor shots-or both. The amount of blood shown at the gas station indicates that that wasn?t an instant killing shot that but the poor soul lingered for a bit, same with the poor gal on the outside bench. So I hope there is an additional penalty for savage butchery but I suppose they can only be killed once. I?d be OK if they were gut shot and just left to suffer-seems reasonable.

Scamp
Old 10-28-2002, 11:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Wazza

I agree with you! But in defense x-marine, I think what he was saying is this guy is a crazy beyond our comprehendsion. I think x-marine was saying he was a crazy beyond our comprehendsion when he was shooting adults but to shoot children makes him a fruitcake way, way beyond our comprehendsion, evil beyond anyones comprehendsion. I don't think there was meant to be any condescending of shooting adults but the emphasis was on "How low can this guy go."

Keith