The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2003, 01:28 PM

Default You can wager all you want.

You can bet your sweet a$$ that my "bombast" has accomplished a hell-of-a lot more than your freakin "candle lighting" has! I'm actually glad you are working witnin the "system" as you call it. Hopefully, that'll open your "rose-colored", tinted view of things and you'll FINALLY be able to see how "your boy" and his "cronies" have been and still are screwing the hell out of disabled veterans! You know my Texas compadre, I've been "working in the system" for more than 30 years now. Sometimes it takes a litlle "thinking" and "working" ---OUTSIDE THE BOX to get things accomplished. Why don't you "post" your Congressmans' voting record for ALL of us to see on these critical issues, huh?? And, BTW---I've YET to see you make any "comment" (bombastic or otherwise for that matter!) regarding the outlandish behavior of GEE-FREAKIN-DUBYA and the republicans concerning the latest (July 25) VA budget REDUCTIONS or CONCURRENT RECEIPT! What-sa-matta---CAT GOT YOUR TONGUE! But, I guess it really is hard to try and think up ANY excuse that would justify their behavior, huh?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2003, 02:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hardcore

You're Welcome!
Gimpy, you're not.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-09-2003, 05:21 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

I read somewhere the other day that the reason CR is moving,finally, in the right direction is that some 400 retired Generals and Admirals have joined forces and put some pressure on the Bush Administration.Sorta like being bitten by your own dog.
Gimp,sure will be nice to see,albeit with much trepidation,a republican administration repeal this 112 year old law. How come His Slickness didn`t do it,I wonder?

Peace,Griz
Old 09-09-2003, 06:35 PM

Default Yup,

No surprise there, huh SuperDodger?? Still dodging that "bullet" of truth that dwells in the hearts & souls of the "Bushies" huh? You wouldn't have the guts to admit this guy and his administration of nut-cases, along WITH the republican led Congress, have told more LIES and used the most despicable and degrading "tactics" of ANY administration in modern history to DENY veterans the funding necessary to get increased health care & benefits, not to mention concurrent receipt!

You know, you guys sat back for YEARS condemning & ridiculing Clinton and the "liberals' for suposedly letting the military fall into "disrepair" and not keeping THEIR committments to veterans----BUT, you'll evidently NEVER admit that Bush & his gang have attempted (and even WORSE now) to underfund this same military & VA system and told lie, after lie, after lie about their campaign promises????

"A PROMISE MADE SHOULD BE A PROMISE KEPT"---How do YOU respond to THAT Super (or anyone ELSE for that matter)!

Griz---You're right about that "group" of retired Generals & Admirals "banding" together. But, you really need to GO BACK and re-read billrs' original post! At what "price" do we want to get concurrent receipt???? Just because the "Bushies" have found a "way" (albeit a underhanded & corrupt way to do it!)to get this so-called "law" overturned is NOT the way it would lead to a "solution" for the overall benefit of sick & disabled veterans --- NOW OR in the FUTURE!

Surely to God you can see THAT!
Old 09-09-2003, 07:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Almost Embarrassed

Kinda like shooting the snarling little bears at the carnival, the ones with targets all over their scrawny little chests, it's really no sport at all. But I can't resist: if you've been working the system for 30 years, and have so little to show for your efforts, either one or two things are obviously wrong: nobody must be listening to you, or your tactics are superbly offensive or patently inept. If you had been working for me for 30 years, and had virtually nothing to demonstrate any success, I would have fired you, and not have waited 30 years.

So a veteran might have to give up some benefits for having cancer, caused by his smoking. Is that the issue? Who held a gun to his head to force him to smoke? For all my professional drinking days (read that: years) I never was able to find that phantom 10' tall monster who held that .357 magnum to my head and force me to drink all that Scotch whiskey. What's wrong with having a standard that says if it ain't service-connected, it ain't service-covered?

I've been toiling in the vineyards of obtaining CR for deserving veterans for less than 10 years, and can proudly claim to have worked with people who made the CRSC benefit become a reality. My efforts to obtain full CR for all deserving veterans will continue, and the results will speak for themselves, just as the CRSC already speaks volumes. Very simply put: do the math: 30 years and zero results vs. 10 years and CRSC.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-10-2003, 07:18 AM

Default Now lookee heanh,

my loudmouth, sarcastic, condesecending, all "right"teous, hypocritical issue "dodging", couldn't see the truth if it bit him in the a$$ neo-con, mud-slinger uv-a Tex-e-can pontificator. Whew----that's a long, long name fer a jest a sumbody wuts-a got a whole bunch-a rocks in thays head, ya know?? I'll try ta shorten it next time.

I'f'n your are attempting to "compare" our "records" of "success" in achieving justice and increases in benefits & health care for veterans and their dependents ----then YOU are in for a miserable awakening my friend!

My "efforts" to correct the injustice(s) of disability pay and retirement pay re: military, disabled retirees, or concurrent receipt, has only been going on for the past 10 years or so as well. It won't even have an affect on me if and when it becomes a reality---as I am NOT a "miltary retiree". I became "aware" of this issue while hospitalized and involved with several other "issues" pertaining to other patients that WERE affected by it. My "30 year battles" with the VA have been directed at the injustices of the compensation "ratings" & "adjudication" system they employ, and their piss-poor history of adequate health care. OF WHICH---I am PROUD to say---has been SUBSTANTIALLY improved on all fronts!

I have worked on the front lines with the DAV, MOPH (past vice-commander), Vietnam Veterans of America and other service organizations, not to mention several political action committees, newspaper investigative reporters, television broadcast investigative reporters, etc.--made numerous public and television appearances & been involved in so many different ways I've lost count of them! Each of which I am proud to say has borne positive "results" . That is until NOW!!!!

Since "your boy" and the republicans have been "in charge" of the Whitehouse AND Congress our "battles" have become MUCH more prolonged & difficult----just CHECK the RECORD---you CAN"T deny the FACTS! They are on a 'crash course" to undermine and destroy all successes we've managed in the past 20 or so years! Don't believe me! All you have to do is just check out WHAT the DAV, Paralized Veterans of America, the VFW, Vietnam Veterans of America and other Service Organizations have to say about the subject!

This------ after making all those camapign "promises"???

How in the HELL can you sit there and DENY these guys are probably the absolute WORST thing to happen to the military veterans community since the debacle after World War I???

Nice try, (again "dodging that bullet")---but it AIN'T gonna work!!
Old 09-10-2003, 07:24 AM

Default PS---SuperSleuth,

To show how much you REALLY know about the "issue"---it's actually sorta sadya know?---the "part" about tobacco & alcohol & drug abuse has been in force for YEARS NOW (as it SHOULD BE BTW) and has abso-PHUCKIN-lutely NOTHING at ALL to do with THIS ISSUE---you REALLY NEED to get MORE involved my "Rio linda" buddy---maybe THEN you'll REALLY "comprehend" what the REAL issues are, huh????
Old 09-10-2003, 07:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

"Since 1891, military retired pay has been reduced dollar-for-dollar by any amount received in tax-free veterans' disability compensation." This quote is reproduced for your education, if that's possible, in the obviously vain attempt to explain to you that the current condition of veterans' benefits or lack thereof has been a long battle. For the 40 years that your party controlled much of the government workings in DC, nothing, NOTHING, was done regarding CR. Your biased and bigoted attempts to make this a Repubican farty failure is simply that - a failure. Contrary to your paradigm of one-issue-and-one-issue only, there are other concerns that just might occupy the time, efforts and energy of decision-makers. The sooner you realize that this is not a one-party problem, and in not a one-party solution, the better all will be, and solutions will be forthcoming; continuing on your present methodology will produce your present rewards. Honey vs. vinegar sound familiar?

Old 09-10-2003, 07:50 AM

Default See --there YOU go again!

I NEVER said that PAST inadequacies to address this issue were not to be "shared" by the democrats & republicans??? Now DID !???

What I AM saying (and YOU wil apparently NEVER admit)--is what I said previously in my prior post! TODAY---RIGHT NOW---THIS PRESIDENT---THIS REPUBLICAN CONGRESS has done MORE to DENY and SUBVERT the success of getting a TRUE solution of this issue (and veterans benefits improvements & health care) passed into law --- than ANY administration in recent, modern history! So says ALL the Service Organizations---NOT JUST ME!

Of course it has NOT been a "one party problem" in the P-A-S-T!

BUT< IT SURE AS HELL IS NOW!

But, we'll NEVER get to hear that from YOUR lips, now will we??????
Old 09-10-2003, 07:57 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Welp fellers -
It sure as hell IS a one-party problem at the moment... and the republican folks are lookin' to extend their run another four years, if not in perpetuity, no?

Still waitin' on seeing what their plan on this deal is gonna be... I know, other priorities.