The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2003, 08:11 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up GIMPY -

I loved the statement that you made (below). As such, you have most of us outclassed. "We are merely novice, tin-plated and half-ass on most issues!! LOL
------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE GIMPY:

Hell I know I can be a full-fledged, armour-plated asshole when it comes to issues such as this.

VERITAS
Old 09-11-2003, 06:59 AM

Default Thanks,

Rick, Curtis, Larry, Blue, Scout, billr, et al.

We've got uphill battle ahead of us.

I'm heading back to Tampa today (about an 8 hour drive). Let's try and come up with some ideas to help this situation and discuss them tomorrow.

Let's give-um hell fellas!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 07:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default $$ Found for Full CR Payments!

Consider the following news item:

There are some well-known names among those who have received farm subsidies over the last few years, according to the Web site of the Environmental Working Group.

Besides some odd places to where the money goes, and the amazing dollar amounts some beneficiaries receive, here are just a few of those upon whom the taxpayers are showering largesse:

NBA superstar and multimillionaire Scottie Pippen, known for winning championships with Michael Jordan, got $26,315 last year in conservation payments for land in Arkansas. Pippen was cited in debate on the 2002 farm policy law that questioned whether wealthy people should be allowed to receive federal supports.

Sam Donaldson, the ABC News reporter/commentator received wool and mohair subsidies in the mid-1990s and $3,150 last year in sheep subsidies for operations in New Mexico.

Bernie Ebbers, former chief executive of WorldCom, was part owner of Joshua Timber Co. LLC in Mississippi, recipient of $44,761 since 1995.

Mouth of the South Ted Turner got $81,643 last year in grain and conservation payments for land in Kansas, Florida and South Dakota. Some other interesting tidbits about the money we are shelling out for farm subsidies:

Agricultural subsidies totaled $114 billion between 1995 and 2002. There were 3,923,473 recipients of agricultural subsidies in 2002, totaling $12,150,563,185.

The single recipient getting the most of our money is Riceland Foods, Inc., of Stuttgart, Ark., which got a whopping, and we do mean whopping, $426,286,229 from 1995 to 2002.

The government paid corn farmers - this is corn, people, which has little or no nutritional value - $34.5 billion between 1995 and 2002, making it far and away the most costly crop to U.S. taxpayers.

The John Hancock Mutual Life Insurance company received $125,975 in farm subsidies. Don't ask. We can?t figure it out, either.

[If some real auditors were to examine the Federal budget, I'll wager $50 that more than enough $$ could be found to pay for every CR claim, and still have $$ left over, if we could just get rid of the usless programs. How about cancelling National Pulbic Radio, the National Endowment for the Arts, and a few other truly extraneous programs that are not required?]

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-11-2003, 08:25 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question

"FARMING TAXES"

Gents, this is a subject that has irked me for years! I have written on it several times!!

The noble intent behind subsidizing hard-pressed farmers was (at first) laudable indeed! "Feed the nation (actually the world) and then charge it off to the U.S. taxpayer" has been a long-standing policy hereabouts! Whether it was making millions of pounds of butter and gifting it to India to make ghee, shipping millions of tons of wheat over to countries that swore to bury us, or gifting millionaire farmers for not growing certain products that the United States had a surplus of, the "Men of The Soil (Some of them)" were quickly being transformed into the politically courted "Men of Mean$!!

And yes indeed, subsidies do go to the rich and famous for some very novel enterprises. Why years ago, I even heard tell of gent in the San Joaquin Valley of Central California attempting to get a subsidy for what he termed as a (now get this) A TENNIS FARM!?

"HAVE Y'ALL EVER DINED UPON A TENNIS BALL?"

So who is the biggest fool - guys like this who seek to bilk this (so Called) Subsidy Program, some of those blatant bastards in DC who sanctify it - for a small (Five figure plus) donation of course, or the people themselves, who by their silence, rubber-stamp yet another (of many) polititcal/economic rapes against Lady Liberty and her children!

Even a small child barely within the "Age Of Reason" knows that far too many politicos are for sale! And say, don't that make many of them "Economic Whores", even by the vaguest interpretation of the words! Except, that is when it comes to this nation's veterans - in this arena, their (political) chastity is world famous (or is that infamous)!?

VERITAS :cd: :ek:
Old 09-11-2003, 08:43 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Scout & HC -

I wonder, now that you've mentioned it, exactly what it would take to reverse the concept of farm welfare to the point where the markets and politics were NOT falsely distorted to the extent your examples point out... to where a farmer could actually MAKE a decent living by growing and selling crops!

In any case, that is sure one good place to find a few bucks to help vets, a bunch of whom are farmers.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

You are not going to believe this.. but it is true...this is "PORK" at its most putrid....

the whole article is at ....

http://www.newswithviews.com/Betty/Freauf19.htm

this is just an excerpt....

[...]

Some will file extensions so they won't meet the April 15th deadline. It was reported on my T.V. news in March 2001 that 5% of the U.S. House of Representatives were delinquent, 4% of the U.S. Senate, 4.8% of the President cabinet and get this -- 1.7% of the I.R.S. employees were delinquent.

But why do we need all these taxes? Perhaps a letter a friend of mine received from Oregon's U.S. Senator Mark Hatfield in April 14, 1975 will help to explain. My friend had inquired about tax money being spent for farm subsidies paid to the Queen of England. The senator wrote, "According to the Taxpayers Union, the Delta Pine Land Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Courtauld's Ltd., in which the British Royal Family is a major stockholder, has been receiving payments for not planting cotton on their plantation in Mississippi. That last figure I saw for this payment was $68,000. As far as I know, it is completely legal for such a company to receive this payment," said the senator, who went on to state as a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, "I am determined to reduce the appropriations for the agencies which have been responsible for some of the most objectionable projects." Ya sure! Years ago landowners were clearing the land of sagebrush so they could plant commodities to feed the world. Today, in Eastern Washington, for example, the government is paying farmers not to plant wheat but, instead, to plant sagebrush.

A January 12, 1979 letter from the Department of Agriculture indicated Prudential Life Insurance Company had purchased the entire 28,000 acre operation from Delta Pine Land Company in October 1978 and a representative from Prudential in a February 14, 1979 letter confirmed this only they stated it was 38,000 acres -- a small 10,000 acre error by the Department of Agriculture.

Oregonians heard this Hatfield rhetoric years earlier when he was Oregon governor? In January 1967, a headline in an Oregon paper said, "Hatfield Plans Tax Reforms Program." Actually the only tax reforms Oregonians have seen in that period of time were done by John Doe citizen through the initiative process and then our elected officials try to find ways to chip away at these reforms. The most recent initiative was the defeat in January 2003 of a measure that the cowardly GOP-controlled House and Senate referred to a vote of the people during a number of their special sessions in 2002 when they were trying to desperately to balance the budget.

[...]
Old 09-11-2003, 10:10 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Whatever budgetary allocation it is that deprives veterans, one way and another, with their benefits is negligent malfeasance.

So, to carry the evidence a little further, as Scout and Larry etc. have shown, what I'm thinking is something like this:

- Government income derives from taxes, fees, fines, interest income on debt, social security and medicare monies, seizure and sale of property etc. Like any family income, this amount is more or less fixed annually as a projection.
- Government expenses are proposed to and approved by Congress, with input from legions of employees and bunches of hearings and votes.
- Expenses usually exceed income.

Is it possible that in the move toward global economy it has been INTENTIONALLY arranged that american agriculture is NOT to be one of our major products anymore?
Old 09-11-2003, 10:19 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Gimpster,...I was right.

I was right about you as previously stating: "I know full well from your many posts that you just aren't: 'Bad' at all, since championing Veterans at every opportunity", since gladly noticing that from later posts/replies on this thread, in that a MORE common concern, a MORE common cordiality, and LESS politicizing of Veteran Concerns now prevails, than existed before. Besides, politics NEVER EVER UNITED ANYONE, much more Veterans and/or Patriots WHOM should always be UNITED.

Regardless Gimpy,...I'm sorry that I can't take the very own medicine that I prescribe for others. The reason being that I despize The Clintons, their clique, cohorts and/or connected phonies, liars and such so-damn-much,...as I would despize ANYONE ELSE believed detrimental to America and The America Way. Hey,...we all have our failings, and: "No one is perfect". Well,...almost: "No one". :cl:

So,...right or wrong I'll keep on doing hatchet-jobs to any lying fools I run across (at every chance) that I honestly believe detrimental to MY/OUR COUNTRY. Hey,...if The System WON'T DO IT, The Justice Department WON'T DO IT, and even The Press/Media WON'T DO IT since not the politically-correct thing to do,...what's-the-big-deal if This Nobody DOES IT? Can't I have some fun also? Must only pundits, politicos and/or phonies have all the fun which normally surrounds most all their dishonest and deceivingly-sophomoric oneupsmanship type fun and games. Hey again and besides,...aren't I also entitled to a little respite now and then from THE SERIOUS, HONEST & REAL WORLD, where The Working Class, The Military and The Veterans reside?

Neil
Old 09-11-2003, 10:32 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question

BLUEHAWK -

What the hell, foreign enterprise, low (foreign) labor costs, foreign greed, aided and abetted by our own government - hijacked American Industry!! Can American Agriculture be far behind?!

VERITAS
Old 09-11-2003, 10:43 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

HC -

wuz hopin' ya wouldn't hafta say that...