Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2008, 10:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default North Carolina Veterans "Hammer" McCain Campaign

The following is an open letter from North Carolina veterans to John McCain.:

###START###

As Americans and North Carolina veterans, we are disappointed in your treatment of Senator Barack Obama and his visit to our troops while in Afghanistan, Kuwait and Iraq. You may differ with Senator Obama on the strategy in Iraq, but we should be united in support for our brave troops and their fight to protect this nation. When you attempt to distort Senator Obama's actions – at a time when we face enormous challenges abroad – you do not honor your promise to run a civil campaign. While we respect your service to our country, we cannot stand by while you falsely attack Senator Obama.

Your campaign knew that Senator Obama planned to visit Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany but he did not want the trip to be perceived as a campaign appearance. By using false advertising and television interviews to question Senator Obama's motives, your campaign accomplished exactly what he sought to avoid and what you yourself had previously warned against; doing a disservice to those who fought by playing politics with their service. These false accusations do not honor our troops – it demeans the debate in this campaign.

Your attempt to sully Senator Obama's intentions is particularly discouraging because your own record on veterans does not measure up to his. While Obama consistently voted to provide funding and badly needed equipment for troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, you voted to authorize President Bush to send troops into combat without adequate vehicle and body armor. Senator Obama supported the 21st Century GI Bill from the beginning - giving every returning veteran a real chance to go to college. You opposed it when your support was really needed. Senator Obama voted for increased funding for military and veterans hospitals when a $1.2 billion shortfall was identified. You did not. Senator Obama introduced legislation to improve the disgraceful conditions at some of our military hospitals, but your support of wounded veterans has so neglected their needs, the Disabled American Veterans consistently rank your record at below 50%.

Senator Obama knows that support for troops fighting today must continue when they become veterans returning to the country they served. He visited American troops last week to express his deep gratitude for their dedication – a gratitude he makes good on with his support of veterans here at home. We ask that you put an end to these attacks and conduct the honest and honorable campaign you promised the American people.

Glen D. Howard
US Army Veteran
Fayetteville, NC

Martin A. Dyckman
US Army Veteran
Waynesville, NC

Grier Martin
US Army Veteran
Raleigh, NC

Rodger Koopman
USAF Veteran
Raleigh, NC

Michael L. Buie. ET1(SS)
US Navy Veteran
Garner, NC

Valencia "Val" Applewhite
USAF Veteran
Fayetteville, NC

Catherine M. Bowen
USAF Veteran
Durham, NC

Russell T. Bowen
USAF Veteran
Durham, NC

###END###

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2008, 06:04 AM

Wow! Eight "Veterans" who signed a letter. Did the DNC write it for them? What do you think the more than 20,000 North Carolina Veterans stationed at Ft. Bragg have to say about BHO's blowing off the troops? I'd love to see the the DD-214's of those eight. I wonder if they are real.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Wow!

All eight of them protested! A veritable landslside of opinion.

And the Gutless Wonder, aka the Half-Honkey/All Donkey Wonder Boy, didn't have the cajones to visit our wounded warriors.

But he is endorsed by some of the most radical Muslim extremist groups.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-05-2008, 10:12 AM

Yeah...these veterans are more than likely Leftist/Islamofascist Loving/Unpatriotic Democrats. Hey, anyone who is critical of the right MUST BE A TRAITOR.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:46 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Advisor

I couldn't have said it better!

Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advisor View Post
Yeah...these veterans are more than likely Leftist/Islamofascist Loving/Unpatriotic Democrats. Hey, anyone who is critical of the right MUST BE A TRAITOR.
Now, now, now, just back away from your computer, reach up there, and unwad those panties! Did I say anything about 'leftist/Islamofascist Loving/Unpatriotic Democrats'? I just was awed by the enormity of the eight protestors. I'll wager that the Boy Wonder of the Media has more muslim terrorists who are supporters than these eight anti-McCain folks.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-06-2008, 07:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Gimp'ster,...

...I think with all good intentions is how you particape on this forum/site, and you are highly respected here for your contributations regarding veteran's issues, however,in this case, of which you present your case, and your case appears to be for the best intrests of which you believe, this "reach' was really weak,...

...I, too am not happy with what has happened in the past from all the administrations that have presided, that's pre-sided, as in the're in, and their going to decide on what's best for them,...

... The culmination of the last 8 years given the severity of the task at hand , I believe would have been similar to what we have now with any different party in the White house, right, 6 of 1, or 1/2 dozen of another,...

...I just don't think the economy, or Iraq, or the tempature of the world is going to drastically improve no matter who ends up winning this year,...

...now send me some more recipies,...

...luv ya, now isn't it nice that we speak to each other as gentlemen,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 08-06-2008, 08:35 PM

The best canditate the Republican Party had was Mitt Rodney(self made multi millionare who's net worth about half billion,)who happens to know more about the economy than all the other canditates put together and they snub their noses at him and decided to go with a seventy five year old Senator who doesn't know diddly squat about the economy.
Anyone remember "Bob Dole" ? An old Senator the Republican Party choose to run against a young, attractive looking Bill Clinton. I'm not defending Clinton, but the same thing going to happen to McCain when he has to appear on live TV with Obama and all the American people going to take a good look at both of them. When McCain starts talking and the American people see his administration will be a carbon copy of Bush's.....that's when they'll say "no way."
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
Old 08-07-2008, 06:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Racism in action

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperScout View Post

---> Half-Honkey/All Donkey Wonder Boy<--.
Its interesting to see the Repuglican party being as Chock Full O'Racists as ever, and right out front using racist slurs.
get a life, if you can't get some class
Old 08-07-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperScout View Post
Now, now, now, just back away from your computer, reach up there, and unwad those panties! Did I say anything about 'leftist/Islamofascist Loving/Unpatriotic Democrats'? I just was awed by the enormity of the eight protestors. I'll wager that the Boy Wonder of the Media has more muslim terrorists who are supporters than these eight anti-McCain folks.
Awww Scout..I was just trying to continue the normal tone of discourse of this forum.