Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2017, 11:53 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry A Man Who Wantonly Ignores Truth - Is A Man Without Honor

11-22-2017

“THIS HAS TO BE SAID!”

Some years ago, December 4, 1991 to be exact, I sent The White House (President George H.W. Bush) an idea that I felt was poignant and patriotic at the same time!

I suggested the placement of “The Battleship, U.S.S. Missouri out at Pearl Harbor”, Hawaii as a tribute to where the war (World War II) started (with the attack upon that installation on 7 December 1941) to the eventual surrender of Japan, signed upon her decks on September 2nd of 1945.

As a matter of fact, I received a letter from one Matthew E. Schelhorn, the Director of The White House Liaison Office, dated 2 January 1992, acknowledging my idea and giving me several reasons why this could not be done? This was later also acknowledged in writing (e-mail) by Mike Weidenbach, the then Curator of The Missouri, on December 4, 2013.

As you know, this idea (my idea) was in fact eventually utilized without so much as a thank you, until a family friend (Wilbur Shorty Estabrook) who spent time as a Prisoner of War of The North Koreans, along with my wife’s uncle (Corporal Melvin H. Morgan), who died in enemy captivity 12/6/1950, got into contact with us many years later.

The point is this: “Where There Is No Truth, There Is No Honor” and contrary to the claim of a now deceased politician that he got The Missouri enshrined at Pearl Harbor, it was I (provably and in writing) who got it there, or is stolen honor, even by a top-tier, already highly decorated politician, of more merit under your administration than truth itself!

I may be just a curmudgeon and a nuisance in the eyes of my elected government, but at least I still value honor, and where no truth exists, neither does any real honor - especially that which was appropriated (stolen) by another!! “And silence too is but the handy-work of “The Devil, in my opinion!”

Hardcore