The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2003, 10:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Sculpture Class

There was this rather eccentric Sculpture Instructor that I had: Mr Black. He'd circle the class studio --- perhaps a live nude model in the center, with elbows formed akimbo --- students in a form of oneness applying clay upon their Macquettes.

Professor Black, with a Lumber Jack's shirt on and a Greek Fisherman's cap on his greying hair .... circling the class while spitting out thoughts and memories .... one that I remember : he once worked at a slaughter house (for Armor or Hormel meats) ... and the saying they had there was "nothing gets out but the squeel" .... understand ?

DANION BRINKLEY and Near Death Experiences/Oneness:

Dewey Canyon II and Lam Son 179 (Life Reviewed)

I do believe in the oneness, inter-connectedness of all things that are/were ?in process.? I do believe in such things as Life Reviews, as reported by Near Death Experiencers. And even if such a Life Review is not the final accent mark, I think that taking an objective view of one?s ?tudes, thoughts, environments and behavior, as it has impacted the big Cosmology ? fairly recently, in reflected on my own direct part in the killings and maiming of Operations Dewey Canyon II and Lam Son 719 ? I gave it some reflection and do not feel bad about my part. I only regret that they did not inform us of what was taking place, in that very long ?operation? ?.

Danyon Brinkley, in his book ?Saved By the Light? ? he admits to having been a bully during his boyhood, and he claims that he was some kind of Covert Sniper with an Intelligence Agency ?Handler? ? in one passage, he says that while an enemy colonel had an early assembling of his troops (presumably out in the field) ? ?One Shot, One Kill? ? and in Danion?s Near Death Life Review ? he experiences the confusion the colonel felt and the pain of leaving his loved ones.

Brinkley, Dannion - EXPOSED in Stolen Valor. STILL AT IT (08.2002). His friends answer email, claiming he does not need to be defended. "His work speaks for itself." 07/2002 Claims assassin in Cambodia and Laos, top-secret missions, Burkett states truck driver in USMC, never left the states. He claims records are classified. "Near death experiences" prompted two books. Manages a "CIA prayer list". Stolen Valor, page385-387.

Well ? Dannion may be one of those types that, after 33 years or so, says ?I can?t tell you what I did, where I did it, who I did it for.? ?. That?s a sign of a ?Wanabee?

Personally --- I still believe that reflecting upon the impact that one?s words, thoughts, aura, attitude. Has had upon the great Cosmology, is important ? I do it ? it is a way of editing a life and getting a ?Do-Over.?

Beau
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2003, 11:01 AM

Great story Beau,

I recall coming home on leave for many years and having no money. Used my leave money to buy a round trip ticket to get back. Folks were average single income type the "old man" my Dad worked in the mills for 52 years. Back then bringing home about $65 a week.

So I would go down to the "docks" and work each and every day to have some spending money. Hard work - tossing 150# bags of coca beans wasn't the greatest for a 147 pounder. I also unloaded raw cowhides to be loaded onto ships going to be tanned. I was knee deep in maggots many times and the stench was all but overpowering.

I'd work 10-12 hours a day get my check go home shower pick up my wife to be and we'd go out. I'd be so tired that I'd fall a sleep at the movies with her and she'd let me sleep.

I'd do this while I was home each and every year or when I got leave. When I got back to my division I never complained about working hard.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 11-07-2003, 11:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

I think I understand what your saying Beau. Trouble is the " movie" you are editing has already been edited by your filters or needs. Tiny and I were literally on opposite sides of a bush some days in Bitnam and our memiries of some events are as opposite as can be about what happened that day.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Beau :

I did not know Dannion Brinkley was a wannabe. Thanks for referencing "Stolen Valor" about it...it got by me. Art Bell ( whose mother and father were both USMC DIs, I think ), never brought it up. Brinkley needs to go in the closet with Brian Dennehy. I can now safely discount most of his other "stuff", altho some is very interesting. I enjoy your posts a great deal.

Larry
Old 11-07-2003, 01:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Quote:
Originally posted by Boats

... I also unloaded raw cowhides to be loaded onto ships going to be tanned. I was knee deep in maggots many times and the stench was all but overpowering....

Jeezz ... I would not do dat work ... rob the Gas stations !

BOATS: You know, I think Prof Black's slaughter house may have been in the Mid-West .... like Chicago or something ("nothing gets out but the squeel" ... maggots and squeels ... my daughter is almost a Vegetarian that does not like vegetables .... I may join her .... thats tough for a Mestizo to do, the Chicano side likes things like greasy Chorizo and the Flip side loves Diniguan (pork cooked in blood) ...

LT --- perhaps if this whole thing were not so Cyber, we'd talk about the Cosmology of things and Life Do-Over Reviews.

LARRY --- ah, a reader of that kind of thing, good. I think I recall that a friend of yours (recently "passed over") use to have discussions about Quantum Mechanics.

Well, all I know is that if you do a Google search on Dannion, Vietnam Vet ... he shows up as being .... suspiciously too Top Secret "can't talk about it." Something in my gut told me something was full of maggots (re: his "Handler") and I am not at all convinced that any Intelligence agency used USMC Snipers in Laos, or Cambode .... what USMC Recon ? He claims that he was a young thug growing up ... a fist fighting bully: probably, on that count. Yes, be selective about his other stuff ... I think the movie "Beetle Juice" is trustworthy, though.

Now, I know that Art Bell was in the Air Force in Vietnam (Air Force medico of some sort) and he has mentioned something about his PTSD ... I gotta get that figured out. I think the www.coasttocoastam.com (formerly Art Bell) is having a guest expert on Parrallel Universes on tonight ... sometimes when I am listening to Coast to Coast, I end up having bizarre dreams that seem to pick up on the topics discussed .... thankfully, last night I had a great Erotic dream with a Negress .... absolutely great dream .... I shit you not ....

Professor Black .... Yah, I did have an attitude .... then again, most of you "professors" were not all that good .... then again ... I am going to wear a smiley face about everything, since it's all good.... the cup is half full.

Beau