The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2004, 04:24 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Jane Fonda and John Kerry: The Real Deal

http://www.interventionmag.com/cms/m...rticle&sid=657

When Hollywood and Yale met at Valley Forge, they shocked the nation by rapping with a band of Vietnam vets.
By Jan Barry

In my callow youth I was bewitched by Jane Fonda in ?Barbarella,? where she played a scantily dressed sex siren in outer space who enticed red-blooded American boys to become addicted to mindless, trashy, sex-peddling Hollywood movies.

I first saw this silver screen seductress in the flesh, fully clothed, talking with some seriously wounded and ticked off Vietnam vets. She didn?t look like Barbarella, standing there in Valley Forge National Historical Park talking seriously with ticked off vets.

Fonda was there to greet about 150 Vietnam vets who marched more than 80 miles from Washington?s winter encampment at Morristown, New Jersey, to Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, over the sweltering Labor Day weekend of 1970 to protest the ongoing war in Southeast Asia. Hopping onto the back of a truck, she spoke to a crowd of antiwar supporters that included several patients from a nearby military hospital.

Also there to address the steaming gathering was a somber personality named John Kerry, who had appeared on some TV talk shows. His claim to fame was that he had left the Navy to run for Congress on an antiwar platform. When he spoke, he sounded like a very articulate ticked off vet.

The flatbed truck that served as the speakers? platform also hosted a motley band of young men on crutches, in wheelchairs, or otherwise outfitted in medical bandages. Fonda and Kerry gave their undivided attention to listening to and rapping with these vets, rather than doing star turns entwined around each other.

In today?s sophisticated television media market, a starlet and a would-be spokesman for his generation would have to sing a duet, with a clutch at the end in which he rips her bodice, to get serious attention. But way back in the distant days of yore, people shocked the nation by what they said about the war in Vietnam.

These days, John Kerry is running for president. Jane Fonda is writing her memoirs. And political hacks are floating on the Internet doctored photos of Fonda and Kerry standing together at a podium allegedly at Valley Forge, although the background is somewhere else.

Fonda and Kerry standing together is supposed to imply guilt by association. (Fonda made an unscripted, ill-advised trip to Hanoi two years later.) But in the summer of 1970, when few Americans dared do anything to stop the trail of tears that stretched from Vietnam's jungles to Valley Forge Army Hospital, they stood with vets who had sacrificed more than America wanted to face and weren?t going to stay quiet any more.

(Posted Saturday, February 21, 2004)

Jan Barry was a founder of Vietnam Veterans Against the War, which attracted the support of numerous Americans who protested the prolonged (1961-1975) war in Vietnam.

To post your comments, simply click "Post comment" below and write your thoughts.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:48 AM

I wonder if Jane Fonda will be Kerry's running mate?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 09:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs down

Saw a Kerry / Fonder bumper sticker a few days ago
Old 02-25-2004, 10:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Parsing of Words

(Fonda made an unscripted, ill-advised trip to Hanoi two years later.) as quoted by the author, Jan Barry. Is this how he really views this act of treachery and betrayal? An ill-advised trip? It's not guilt by association, it's guilt by collusion, cooperation, and corruption that most Vietnam veterans see as the degenerate link between Kerry and Fonda.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-25-2004, 11:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Unscripted? In a pigs-ass unscripted. If that were true all I would have left to see is an elephant fly. That idiotic Hollywood nit wit plopped her butt right down in the epicenter of a Stalinist Communist regime and now this guy purports that that she was being extemporaneous and making stuff up as she went. Ha I say, ha. Barry's nose gets longer with every word and needs a tri-pod just to hold the damn thing up.

And speaking of noses, every detail was worked out to the last utterance before she ever arrived in Hanoi and she was led around like a half-wit child with a bull ring through her nose, that?s an absolute. The only time the ring came out was when her nose was preoccupied with some Party bubba?s butt and/or probably packed with her favorite nose candy.

I suppose now we are to believe that the stupid twit wasn?t a Communist Partisan dupe. Man-O-man, this Kerry trail is just working alive with forked tongues and more every day.

Scamp