The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2008, 01:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

If indeed a ground circuit problem, the contractor cheeped-out or had incompetent people doing the initial connection of the local grid loops. Like ya cant buy and install distribution panels and associated hardware and wiring that doesn’t have UL/CSA certification. On the other hand, black market ‘look alike’ junk is around, isn’t worth didly and is totally unsafe, as in extreme fire hazard.
In arid areas with a lot of sand in the soil it is not so easy or cheep to get a good ground connect to the local distribution point. Unless properly done in the first place; dependent upon soil moisture content or no, will have the mains jumping around like frog legs in a skittle. Very bad situation and not an unknown at all, not in the least.

Seen some mighty pitiful stuff up here. Green floor jousts moving around so much they buckle floors, green vertical load bearing 2X6s warping so much that they pull in and shatter the drywall, plumbing going to hell in a hand basket because the basics of ionized water and dissimilar metals have been ignored, and this is going in mighty, mighty, pricy places, like $500K plus.. Hand slaps head on some of this crap coming down. “Someone left the cake out in the Rain”, etc.

Maybe rule one is that competence is important and isn’t hired at the local home depot parking lot. Rule two, there is no such thing as a free lunch. Design, engineer and manage the project properly or get junk suitable only for a wrecking ball and bulldozer, universal reality, eh. I assert no particular criteria for design and engineering except that it is all delineated and made quite clear in well known and adopted specifications, like the NEC, etc. Like hard to frigging miss. No one in their right mind puts green lumber in a structure, it’s dimensionally unstable, no one in their right mind mixes dissimilar metals in a public water home system and no one who owns the least angstrom of credibility blows by NEC speciation’s.

Scamp

Last edited by Seascamp; 09-24-2008 at 01:59 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links