The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2005, 07:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LRP1

Central Ave.....Hell, rock slides' were/are common and harmful to life/limb/buildings there. Reopening the Bath Houses next yr.
Alltel - Joe Ford - country boy made something of himself......

Always welcome hear Seatjerker!!!

RLTW
Satans Playboys
From Hell We Rise
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2005, 07:24 AM

Can't spell either - must be from Ar....(me)

RLTW
Satans Playboys
From Hell We Rise
Old 10-16-2005, 07:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Yea,...

...there were a "couple "deaths a week after we were there from the rocks comin' down through one of the shops,...

...As always, your welcome here if you make it North to upstate NY,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 10-16-2005, 01:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default a quote from Gen Westmoreland

I really don't agree that Vietnam was mostly fought by the poor and under classes. The majority of the people I was with had joined the army. [I didn't] A lot of them went to Vietnam out of patriotism.
In Westmorland's book 'A Solder Reports'
FOLLOWING DEFEAT OF THE ENEMY'S TET OFFENSIVE IN 1968, THE UNITED STATES HAD IN SOUTH VIETNAM AT THAT TIME THE FINEST MILITARY FORCE [ALTHOUGH NOT THE LARGEST] EVER ASSEMBLED.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

34 years later, Tiny , who lost both legs , Bobby , Doc and Fo have all told me I did good as their platoon leader and they were proud to serve with 2nd platoon. It helped me a lot to hear that. Peace brothers
Old 10-16-2005, 02:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default John

I met a LT. in Dong Ha 1968 that reminds me of you. It was early morning. I had spent the night there and was driving to the assembly area to catch the convoy back to 'Way.' This Lt. and small platoon were just comming back from out side the wire. They were really dirty unshaven and worn out. You could tell he really cared about his men and they looked up to him. He asked if I would give them a ride back to their company area. He tryed to make it easier for his men.[of course I did but didn't make it too far before I got stuck in the mud and they had to walk any way. I think they were 1st cav. I don't remember any one but them the 446th trans, us and the marines at Dong Ha.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:38 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron, Keith
My Lt. was a down-to-earth basically good guy who put his people above everything else....Lt. Shaw was the best and I would like to buy him a drink some day.....Oh ya, one other thing....I didnt consider myself a lower class soldier and whats your definition of poor?......Ron. Out of respect for the numerous officers and NCO's on this site.....I think you're talking out your ass
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 10-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Bob

Huuuuuuumm
People are different all over the world. The NCOs , Like I said were mostly good guys except this asshole White, I had 2 officers that were decent people and the fighting was done by E4 and below. The Officers and NCOs on this sight have to live with whatever kind of person they were, I have no Idea, But because DMZ LT says his men said he was a good guy that doesn't mean officers were good guys. He probibly was or his guys would say it but thats one.
Thats what I seen and if thats talking out my ass well so be it, I'll continue.

Ron
Old 10-16-2005, 03:45 PM

39mto39g

Ron

New here and don't know everyone yet, so I always keep my eyes and ears open......It sounds as though you were extremely unlucky with NCO and Officer assignments to your Plt/Squad.

Since the beginning of recorded Military History there have been Leaders and Followers. The Leaders, the ones in charge, telling the Followers, the ones doing the work, where to go and what to do. The result of such arraignments - great accomplishments or sound defeat. Winning was expected, especially when the men Believed in and Trusted their Leaders - failure was a given when the opposite was true.

I have been out of the Army since 5/69......but watching the Military evolve over the years one thing jumps out at me....The same thing still happens......

Most of the time when one person passes judgment on another - the judgment is based on the ones' personal standard....That is why I try and keep an open mind ......I'll be quiet now.

RLTW
Satans Playboys
From Hell We Rise
Old 10-16-2005, 04:14 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

We all got opinions and we all got asshol*s. Lets play well with each other. Been riding the bike all day , like James would say " Just happy to be alive "